Spawn of Onyxia - Deep Breath bugged?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us
Spawn of Onyxia - Deep Breath bugged?

Post by Harpua » January 26th, 2014, 6:33 am

Every time I use the Deep Breath attack, it hits for about the same as the Breath attack. Am I missing something or is it bugged?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Spawn of Onyxia - Deep Breath bugged?

Post by Luciandk » January 26th, 2014, 7:05 am

Not sure what you are on about, but it hits for around the stated value.

But do remember, its a 2 turn ability. So it would hit for roughly the same as 2 casts of breath done in the same span of time.

Though did you perhaps attack a magic pet? Their racial severely reduces incomming damage.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » January 26th, 2014, 12:40 pm

It must've attacked a Magic pet. That's the only way that a Deep Breath's damage would ever equal a regular Breath's damage.

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » January 26th, 2014, 3:53 pm

Well, that's what I was looking for. Crazy how it's rated to be a strong attack against magic when the racial totally negates that.

I have been using it against Sludgy in the Thundering Spirit battle and Judgement in the DMF. Guess it's time to switch to a different attack.

Thanks for the info. It was driving me crazy.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 26th, 2014, 3:57 pm

Harpua wrote:Well, that's what I was looking for. Crazy how it's rated to be a strong attack against magic when the racial totally negates that.

I have been using it against Sludgy in the Thundering Spirit battle and Judgement in the DMF. Guess it's time to switch to a different attack.

Thanks for the info. It was driving me crazy.
Use a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling. Just spam breath. The single turn breaths doesnt do enough damage to trigger the racial, yet benefitting from extra damage to magic pets. ITs a mechpet with a dragonkin attack, mechs takes less damage from magic attacks.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » January 26th, 2014, 4:33 pm

Harpua wrote:I have been using it against Sludgy in the Thundering Spirit battle and Judgement in the DMF. Guess it's time to switch to a different attack.
Oh, I remember the days when Sludgy was a critter. Ah. Such wonderful days. It's the racial. No single can take 35% of health from a magic pet. It should be noted that the four CT end battles have this as well. Lil'Oon too, right? I'm on logged in WoW at the moment so I can't check.