Triple Imp Attack!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Denarian
Pet Score:2743
Realm:Kul Tiras-us
Triple Imp Attack!!

Post by Denarian » January 21st, 2014, 10:40 am

So, I'm about 2750 battles through legendary pet brawler, and as with most of WoW, I get bored after a while doing the same thing over and over.

So now, I am starting to use teams in pvp that seem more of a nuisance than anything. I just use two Fiendish Imps (s/s, p/s) and then one Corefire Imp.

I never expected to win anything with this team, seeing as using a team of all humans can be bad. (here's looking at you, Fossilized Hatchling). But surprisingly, I've actually won a few battles with these guys.

Obviously, this team wasn't designed to win. But when you're bored in WoW, you find different ways to amuse yourself.

Any other teams fun to mess around with?

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: Triple Imp Attack!!

Post by Sellys » January 21st, 2014, 10:46 am

I wonder if I played against you on the weekend. I had a few games against two fiendish imps and a corefire imp.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » January 21st, 2014, 11:04 am

I have played against you and your are right about being a pain in the butt lol !! So have the 3 crows, 3 crabs, 3 mech I have played against, but that's what makes it interesting and fun because you never know how creative folks will get and what you may come across in battles ")

Denarian

Post by Denarian » January 21st, 2014, 11:07 am

Sellys wrote:I wonder if I played against you on the weekend. I had a few games against two fiendish imps and a corefire imp.
Its definitely possible, seeing as that is really the only time I have to play now.

I remember running into the same team a few times, and winning one of the battles. What team did you use, if you remember?

(If you were the double Fossilized Hatchling team, you made short work of me...lol)

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » January 21st, 2014, 2:01 pm

Once I encountered a triple Corefire Imp team. If I recall correctly, it plays something like this:

Burn, Burn, Cauterize, Immolation, send to the backline. Imp #1 spends the next 8 turns passively doing damage and healing himself.
Imp #2: Burn, Burn, Cauterize, Immolation, send to the backline. You now have 2 Immolations ticking from the backline.
Imp #3: Burn, Burn, Cauterize. If there's anything left alive at this point, you guessed it, Immolation > send to the backline.

In comes Imp #1 on full health and the sequence starts again.

Unless you have some strong healing of your own or some high damage pets, this can be a very pesky team!

Someone try it out and tell me how it goes.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » January 21st, 2014, 2:39 pm

LOL that totally sounds like a pain team to go against - I love peoples creativity.

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » January 21st, 2014, 3:39 pm

Denarian wrote:
Sellys wrote:I wonder if I played against you on the weekend. I had a few games against two fiendish imps and a corefire imp.
Its definitely possible, seeing as that is really the only time I have to play now.

I remember running into the same team a few times, and winning one of the battles. What team did you use, if you remember?

(If you were the double Fossilized Hatchling team, you made short work of me...lol)
That's me. Ditzy, Derpy, and Spike.

I was trying to find another team to play and decided on an aoe team. Was surprised how well it worked. That undead racial is kinda op imo.

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » January 21st, 2014, 4:04 pm

I have been running this comp for the last week as well. Just last night, I replaced the Corefire Imp with a third Fiendish Imp. This comp is far more effective than it should be, but if you queue into a team with and Idol or Crab with SS/SS, just flee right away. Sometimes I chance it with a Fossilized Hatchling, but you pretty much have to save your Nether Gates for him. If I am running into lots of Valks, I run one of the Imps with Sear Magic to soak and then cleanse the CoD/Haunt. The goal of this team is to whittle away while healing in the backline and constantly force swaps so the other team can't get anything setup. I like it because it is reasonably effective against Flyers and Decoys; especially moths that run with cocoon and anything that runs with a hit-blocker as the double/triple Immolation ticking every round breaks the cocoon and shreds the Decoy "passively". Against mechanicals, this team is devastating. While this comp is far from perfect and easily countered, I really enjoy playing it. If you run into Itchy/Scratchy/Show, you have met me :)

Denarian

Post by Denarian » January 21st, 2014, 5:21 pm

Genome wrote:I have been running this comp for the last week as well. Just last night, I replaced the Corefire Imp with a third Fiendish Imp. This comp is far more effective than it should be, but if you queue into a team with and Idol or Crab with SS/SS, just flee right away. Sometimes I chance it with a Fossilized Hatchling, but you pretty much have to save your Nether Gates for him. If I am running into lots of Valks, I run one of the Imps with Sear Magic to soak and then cleanse the CoD/Haunt. The goal of this team is to whittle away while healing in the backline and constantly force swaps so the other team can't get anything setup. I like it because it is reasonably effective against Flyers and Decoys; especially moths that run with cocoon and anything that runs with a hit-blocker as the double/triple Immolation ticking every round breaks the cocoon and shreds the Decoy "passively". Against mechanicals, this team is devastating. While this comp is far from perfect and easily countered, I really enjoy playing it. If you run into Itchy/Scratchy/Show, you have met me :)
What does Sear Magic do to Haunt? more specifically, does the Valk just come back to life?

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » January 21st, 2014, 6:13 pm

Denarian wrote:What does Sear Magic do to Haunt? more specifically, does the Valk just come back to life?
It cleanses Haunt and CoD (as well as Immolation which sucks!), so you wind up only taking 1 tick of Haunt, and yes, the Valk comes back to life. Fortunately, he is in the back row now so if he wants to use him again, he has to waste a turn.

Muld
Pet Score:589
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Muld » January 24th, 2014, 9:38 am

Yamum wrote:Once I encountered a triple Corefire Imp team. If I recall correctly, it plays something like this:

Burn, Burn, Cauterize, Immolation, send to the backline. Imp #1 spends the next 8 turns passively doing damage and healing himself.
Imp #2: Burn, Burn, Cauterize, Immolation, send to the backline. You now have 2 Immolations ticking from the backline.
Imp #3: Burn, Burn, Cauterize. If there's anything left alive at this point, you guessed it, Immolation > send to the backline.

In comes Imp #1 on full health and the sequence starts again.

Unless you have some strong healing of your own or some high damage pets, this can be a very pesky team!

Someone try it out and tell me how it goes.
I run this quite a lot when bored, they weren't called Pinky, Perky and Percy were they? :) Edit, you are US anyway, one of the teams I use when bored / basically there to troll people is death adder (s/s) x 2 and mech dragon. Assuming your pets are all faster (and they usually are) you can keep the game "locked" with 0 damge indefinately against "most" teams (or until blinding poison bugs). You only really need 2 adders for this but I like to throw the mech in after about 10 rounds when they think I've become bored only for a decoy cast and snake switch :)

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » January 24th, 2014, 6:38 pm

it's like my sizzle team:
chi chi
fiendish imp
corefire imp

chi chi is for the extra wild magic and some avoidance and particular aquatic counter.