Does anyone keep up with the Beasts of Fable dailies?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Hazelnuttygames
Pet Score:11798
Realm:Lightbringer-us
Does anyone keep up with the Beasts of Fable dailies?

Post by Hazelnuttygames » January 21st, 2014, 2:20 pm

The past few months, I'd been less than militant in doing all the pet battle dailies. I hadn't tried the Beasts of Fable since they changed in 5.3, and when I gave it a shot one day I got an upgrade stone (all Undead, weirdly enough) out of each of the three bags.

Despite the payout, though, it was still hugely time-consuming to travel to each of the pets, knock together a team and move on. I'm putting together speedrun/100% effective strats for each pet to speed things along, (My strat video for Nitun can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXARt179SrM if anyone is curious, Undead pets with Beast damage moves work beautifully.)

Is the drop rate of stones from the Fabled Pandaren Pet Supplies that much better? Is it worth the time to do these dailies every day? Do you do them consistently? I'd love to hear opinions.

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Re: Does anyone keep up with the Beasts of Fable dailies?

Post by Ruststorm » January 21st, 2014, 2:33 pm

I am about to do them again, because it's my source of getting lesser pet treat... And i'm running out...

The panda's and stones are a nice addition. :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 21st, 2014, 2:44 pm

I stopped doing them once I stockpiled a good supply of pet treats. They're easy for me (I never deviated from the old Life Exchange strategy, worked fine for me) but just so boring. The panda pets don't sell very well either, compared to the Pandaren spirits.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » January 21st, 2014, 2:54 pm

The only reason I do these is because a lowbie can sit by the questgiver and turn them in, while a lvl 90 flies around to do the actual quests. It's worthwhile if you can combine them with the usual 11 Pandaria tamers (the Vot4W and KunLai/Jade Forest BoF are mostly on the same path).

They do have a slightly higher chance to contain a battlestone (roughly 30%, compared to 10% for the normal bags).

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » January 21st, 2014, 2:59 pm

I'd say getting 3 stones out of 3 satchels is really lucky. More often than not I get only one stone or none at all out of all the satchels (that includes all the tamers that reward a satchel).

The strategies I use are from this guide: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 556#p57983

They're great and I've not had any issues defeating any of the BoF yet.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » January 21st, 2014, 3:07 pm

Funnily enough, I'm posting my Nitun strat tomorrow, heh. I have been keeping up with book 3 and occasionally book 2, because I'm out there already doing some other stuff. If I didn't, well, I have plenty of treats stockpiled for WoD (cap isn't raised, but I'm assuming we're going to have a wide array of new pets to tame and farm up) and the XP is absolute garbage for the pets I have left, so probably not.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » January 21st, 2014, 10:01 pm

the pet treats are a nice bonus, running out of them myself so I might start doing them again.

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Pyy » January 21st, 2014, 11:40 pm

Not anymore, no - flying around Pandaria every day never really appealed to me. The Pandas don't really sell that well anymore, I don't need the lesser treats nor the Battle Stones, so I just skip them all together now.

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » January 22nd, 2014, 12:50 am

Hazel, I actually wrote them into my 19 pet bag dailies walk thru guide on the site, it can be found here: http://www.wowpetbattle.com/19bags.html I have found that you can incorporate them into your daily routine and power level a few pets to 25 in doing so. I do them still for the lesser pet treats. There quite useful in leveling them!

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
GET OWNED!

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » January 22nd, 2014, 1:56 pm

I do them all still. Lower alts parked in the Vale can turn them in for free exp (since I do the other dailies, it's not really a big deal.) I just send the pet treats to my level 90s. XD~ I still do the val, water spirit, and chrom straight. It still works, with maybe a round or two extra.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » January 22nd, 2014, 2:13 pm

Elfuego - Awesome Videos of so many different pet battles and strategies. You all should go take a look.

I usually do all the bag trainers in Panda land everyday (pet Battles teams addon makes this alot faster) . I do them while waiting for LFRs, it passes the time. I am, atm taking a bit of a break as burnout is settling in.

All panda trainers - I'm pretty lucky here with regard to stones - but the drop rate on bandages seems to have dropped big time.

For Fabled I only have a total of 3 teams. Pretty lucky with the bags lately lots of stones and pets. The pandas are great for getting FAST gold on a new server. I can sell fast for 100 to 200g in trade chat to get some starter gold to sell more pets.

Fabled Aquatics - I use a darkness team - 2 S/S Ravens and an S/S crow. I will most likely go back to 2 P/B Ravens as they hit harder.

Fabled Critters - 3 Zandalari Raptors - I only use the ones with Black Claw and Hunting Party. These normally 1 shot all the critters. Nitun with his unbelievable RNG sometimes beats me so I have to heal my team until I win.

Fabled Beast - Rocket Chicken and 2 Gnomes (rockets are used not turrets)

These I do maybe 4 times a week. I get more bandages from these. I mostly do these when I want to level more pets for gifts and trades.
Wintersping - an alt is parked.
Shadowmoon Valley - an alt is parked.
Obalis Uldum - alt is parked.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » January 22nd, 2014, 4:08 pm

Thought I'd add suggestions for critters - foxes. Howl, bite bite. Only one this doesn't work on is Nitun. For Nitun, I use an infested bear cub, knock as much out of him as I can, then 2 fluxfire felines - prowl then claw, pull after you go to mechanical advantage round.

It's exceedingly rare that this team doesn't take Nitun down handily (often just require the first FFF).

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » January 22nd, 2014, 5:21 pm

lol, if this is going to be a 'let's all link our projects~!' thread, here's mine. http://battlepetroundup.com/2014/01/22/nitun/

There's an alternate strat involving undeads as well, but my post was approaching a few thousand words. Basically, if you use undeads, he doesn't get the heal from Ravage, but also he uses entirely Beast moves so he won't hurt them as badly either. Since a few UDs also pack beast moves, this is an easy way to cobble a team together... but it's not as fast or flashy as the one I posted about.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Post by Guest » January 24th, 2014, 5:23 am

I tend to do them on the days I have time. My bank is literally almost full of Panda's and Spirit Pets (fire, earth, air, water, mountain, sunfur, snowy, red's).

BOF Dailies + Pandaria Trainers + Spirit Dailies > Farm > Raidfinder > Timeless Isle

I usually run out of time half way through the Farm.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » January 24th, 2014, 5:31 am

Yea, I still do them because I need the stones. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I dont but the way I look at it, it's not bad for 60g and a chance at 3-4 stones

Coilla
Pet Score:3658
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Coilla » January 24th, 2014, 5:30 pm

I do the pet fables most days for stones, and the smidge of valor once one of my toons is capped. There is no reason not to since I am running the regular pet dailies to level pets anyway. They are quick, reliable and often the fables pets are surrounded by other pets them if I need to finish off, or get a level 1 to 10 or so for max xp result from dailies.

While the two sets are long distance, one is very closely clustered so even if I do not do a lot of dailies I hit those since I often am down on the farm anyway. It is a great time killer while waiting for a raid to start.

As for teams, I use 4 types

For Dos Ryga only the team I have the most reliable luck with is,
Valk
Pandaren Water Spirit
Chrominius

For all critter fables
Zandalari Kneebiter S/S (5)
Zandalari Kneebiter S/S (5)
Chrominius

Rarely do I ever get to Chrom, or even the second Kneebiter, it is almost always a 3 move kill. Black Claw, Hunting Party GG, maybe a leap from Kneebiter 2 if the first dies for some reason. This is all critter fables.

For the aquatics and beasts I use an explode team, one of which is
Festival Lantern
Netherspace Abyssal
Netherspace Abyssal

This is a 4 movekill typically with the swap I think

The last team is a moth team vs No-No as I find this the most reliable, though I have had luck with the explode team if I time it right and use the Netherspace Abyssal liftoff if necessary. It is just a matter of knowing when to cocoon vs attack and typically I get him with the first or second moth. If not Chrominius is there to finish it.

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » January 26th, 2014, 3:30 am

I still do them, for the Pet Treats, but also for the pets. I sell those, and am slowly building up an amount of gold I can use for buying new pets after the release of the new expansion.
I do not raid, so buying raid-pets is the only option for me :)