my lofty libram team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Athonx
Pet Score:2175
Realm:Zul'jin-us
my lofty libram team

Post by Athonx » January 13th, 2014, 6:22 pm

ok, so ive looked and looked and looked and apperently the lofty libram has zero synergy possibilities, so im gonna try to create a team based on a raid group with the libram being the main dps, another pet for a buff and a healing pet. we'll see how that does.

Voidsinger
Pet Score:2151
Realm:Durotan-us

Re: my lofty libram team

Post by Voidsinger » January 15th, 2014, 1:44 pm

I think that goes for most magic pets. Nordrassil Wisp, Arcane Eye, etc. I dunno, not a fan of their overall kit. The broom is really the only strong PvP pet in the magic class. Their native ability is also pretty meh.

Athonx

Post by Athonx » January 15th, 2014, 4:54 pm

yeah, i think youre right, which is a shame because i think the magic family has some of the most aesthetically interesting pets in the game, but they got no punch. its too bad.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 16th, 2014, 2:51 pm

[pet]Enchanted Lantern[/pet] with [ability]Flash[/ability] and [ability]Light[/ability] have been pretty good for me.

Athonx

Post by Athonx » January 16th, 2014, 4:27 pm

yeah, i looked at the enchanted lantern while trying to build my team, and it looks like it has real potential, not with the libram though. im really looking forward to lvling my enchanting enough to get my own.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » January 16th, 2014, 7:55 pm

I love my wisp and use it a lot when leveling pets along w/ my emerald whelping. I didn't realize how good it was until I did the daily trainer w/ the 3 crocs in shatt. It takes them down quick and the crocs have a lot of misses w/ it as well. I haven't tested it w/ other water pet but plan on it.

Athonx

Post by Athonx » January 17th, 2014, 5:00 pm

the wisp sounds pretty awesome! ill make it a point to check that one out to.

Wixey
Top Rater
Pet Score:3266
BattleTag®:Wim#2835
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Wixey » January 18th, 2014, 1:13 pm

your pet choices to go with lofty libram will depend on how you plan to use it, AoE team or single target.

Single target:
If you wish to have the libram as your main damage dealer, perhaps you can look at [ability]Celestial Blessing[/ability] The extra rounds you'd live for [ability]Arcane Blast[/ability] can really start hurting.

As 3rd pet I look at what your libram would be weak against, mechanical / dragonkin. Mr Bigglesworth, for example, being undead takes less daamge from Dragonkin abilities, and is able to deal ( a little bit) of Elemental damage, good for mechanical.

AoE:
I assume you'd want want lightning storm. I would pick either Tiny Twister or Sunreaver micro sentry since both should be able to handle a mechanical pet, where your libram would probably not be able to take down fast enough.

The final pet in AoE teams should be a good single target one, preferably with a finishing move like [ability]Predatory Strike[/ability]

Athonx

Post by Athonx » January 18th, 2014, 11:07 pm

thats awesome advice, thx! im glad i was on the right track with celestial blessing, i picked the harmonious porcupette for my second, and i was gonna use a crab for my heals. not the greatest coverage but i figured if i run up against some like mechanical or dragonkin, i would be ok between the buff and the heals. but i fully expect some trial and error to take place so ill be trying all of these suggested combinations. :)

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » January 21st, 2014, 5:01 am

Valk, Pebble, Soul Trader does pretty well. Soul trader is quite a strong pet with a nice chance to stun + 100% damage or an avoidance move.