Wild Jade Hatchling, etc.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
Wild Jade Hatchling, etc.

Post by Poofah » October 10th, 2012, 2:05 pm

I'm still working on Order of the Cloud Serpent rep, and I'm curious about Wild Jade Hatchling and his two siblings. When I run around the Arboretum, I don't see any of these guys--is this because they are phased to me, due to my not being exalted yet? I'm hoping this is the case, because I can imagine that these guys would be camped pretty badly, depending on how they're implemented. Does anyone have info on how often they spawn and whether they're generally available once you hit exalted? Or will this be an exercise in camping server restarts like Minfernal?

thanks for any info!

Kingdms

Re: Wild Jade Hatchling, etc.

Post by Kingdms » October 10th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Yes, I've heard you have to have Exalted rep first.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 10th, 2012, 2:39 pm

ah ok -- but to clarify: I know I need exalted to battle and capture them, I am just curious which step of the process is gated on reputation. Ie, will a field of hatchlings magically appear once I hit exalted? Or will the existing hatchlings suddenly light up with paw icons and be available for battling? The reason it matters is that so far, I have not actually seen one of these, and I'm wondering if that means they are continually being cleaned out or if the game simply won't let me see them.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 10th, 2012, 6:33 pm

At exalted, they will appear around the immediate area with green paw prints above their heads. They generally have a "normal" respawn time so you won't have to wait for hours like the Minfernal spawns.

After hitting exalted, you may have to speak with the NPC inside the stable first to ask about capturing the hatchlings to fully "unlock" them, but I'm not sure if this is mandatory. (I spoke with her just in case.)

Good luck with the reputation grind and hatchling hunt! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » October 11th, 2012, 10:43 am

Yes, once exalted the area pretty much explodes into pet icons on your minimap, at least that was my experience. :lol:

Renmiri
Pet Score:2726
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Renmiri » October 11th, 2012, 10:49 pm

I got exalted 3 days ago and could capture one of each. Wild Golden spawns more often and is easier to find a rare. I have 2 rares :D Wild Crimsom is harder to find rares than golden but i got one at least so i have an uncommon and a rare.

Wild Jade is near impossible to find a rare. I have been the only one looking for the last 3 days = one of the first exalted in my realm and one of the few with level 24 pets :lol: = Even being the only one searching I have barely some greens, let alone rare jades :(

Renmiri
Pet Score:2726
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Renmiri » October 11th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Linaomine wrote:Yes, once exalted the area pretty much explodes into pet icons on your minimap, at least that was my experience. :lol:
Not exactly...

My experience was like yours but i really wanted two or 3 rares of each so I went around battling every single one of them.. And they stopped spawning :cry: I even put oin a ticket thinking somehow my "exalted" status got bugged .. The GM told me there are only a certain number that spawn for a period of time. After they die or get captures you have to wait hours for them to spawn again

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » October 12th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Renmiri wrote: Not exactly...

My experience was like yours but i really wanted two or 3 rares of each so I went around battling every single one of them.. And they stopped spawning :cry: I even put oin a ticket thinking somehow my "exalted" status got bugged .. The GM told me there are only a certain number that spawn for a period of time. After they die or get captures you have to wait hours for them to spawn again
The ones on my server repop pretty fast, the only one I've managed to get a rare of is the crimson.

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » November 13th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Because I spent the first few weeks exclusively hunting pets, I'm a bit behind. I just got Exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent today. I was expecting the glorious sight of hatchlings on my minimal, but sadly there was nothing at all. I found a few frogs and tanuki, which I dispatched, but even those spawns were very sparse. I tried talking to all the NPCs in the area to see if there was any kind of unlock that I missed, but that didn't help, either. Tried the old log out and log out thing, too. Even left the zone for a few hours and came back. I'm really hoping I'm missing something, because if it's just the respawn, then it seems to be a rather long one.

Eviscerator
Pet Score:6531
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Eviscerator » November 15th, 2012, 12:53 am

use the addon PetTracker <curse.com>
it will ■Displays the locations of all pets on the world map
■Tracks all pets you have still to catch in a given zone
■Shows the rarity of pets in battle and warns you of upgrades
■Displays all your enemies and allies abilities as you fight
■Suggests which is the most appropriate pet for your current enemy

Jagwyr
Pet Score:6313
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Jagwyr » November 15th, 2012, 1:30 am

Adashiel, I'm having the exact same experience as you. :( I really hope they didn't dramatically reduce the respawn, or that something's bugged with my character... I was so excited to hit Exalted, but so far I can't find a single baby dragon to battle. Sadface.

Azmeaiel
MVP
Pet Score:9672
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Azmeaiel » November 15th, 2012, 9:22 am

I managed to catch all 3 rares after about a week, Jade being rarest. I found usually the respawn was about 10 or so pets about every hour in random colours but you get a few popping every 10-15 mins if your really lucky. for catching these the 'come back in an hour' rule seemed to work better and be more productive than straight out camping even on a full server.

good luck with them

Saerian
Pet Score:3155
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saerian » November 15th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Hi All :) After I got exalted, I didn't notice anything different either. I left the zone, came back, logged out, etc, nothing appeared. The next day I saw one spawn, and that was it. What I did was log into the game at 5am (I leave for work at 6am!), and there was always a TON of them. I was easily able to get all 3 rares within a day or two.

Not a perfect solution, but if your having a problem finding them, try an off peak time.

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 15th, 2012, 7:49 pm

I just dinged cloud serpent the other morning and they do seem to pop fairly frequently. I've been half afk hovering over the aboreteum while going through my pet list for dupes. So far, got 2 rare goldens and 1 crimson but no jade and several rare secondaries.

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 15th, 2012, 8:17 pm

i was pretty lucky on jubeithos and got a red and green straight up but the golden is very low on our server only 2/3 at a time and heaps of the others'
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 16th, 2012, 1:21 am

Interesting to read how people are getting different hatchlings... I've been hunting for rare crimson one for days now and it seems on our realm we have abundance of jades and goldens but crimsons aren't that common. Or they are just cherrypicked...
- Taking your candles since 2005

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 18th, 2012, 11:25 am

i thought i would re add to this thread because the whole of today there were no hatch lings up at all bar one, was very strange plus annoying since i still need golden lol
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image