Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sarpants
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
BattleTag®:evenmonkeys#1306
Realm:Tichondrius-us
Farming Rare Wild Serpent Hatchlings

Post by Sarpants » January 14th, 2014, 1:46 pm

I was curious if anyone can confirm if this works because I've been trying it for a couple days and I haven't seen a single rare.

Since you can't kill these because they're green, can anyone confirm if killing the first pet in the battle.. then forfeiting.. making it despawn.. will spawn a new party of pets? Can anyone confirm if that works?

After I kill the first pet.. it does despawn. However, I haven't seen a single rare. Just wondering if it's respawning again.. but somewhere else.

Eddieo
Pet Score:4644
Realm:Sargeras-us

Re: Farming Rare Wild Serpent Hatchlings

Post by Eddieo » January 14th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Yes killing the first pet will make it go away.

However, two things. You must kill all the other wild pets in the area...just nuke em or hit with a weapon.

Second, they stop spawning around 8pm or so....so start in the morning or afternoon to farm. I got my first rare quickly, second followed fairly soon but the Jade one took forever. I ended up getting 3 more of the others before a jade one.

Later EddieO

Sarpants
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
BattleTag®:evenmonkeys#1306
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Sarpants » January 14th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Oh, I didn't know about the time part of it. Thank you!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 14th, 2014, 4:37 pm

The other option would be to use a stone on them. If you start doing the tamers to level pets up you should end up with plenty of dragonkin stones to use on these guys.

Scrump
Pet Score:2085
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Scrump » January 15th, 2014, 10:45 am

I have found that waiting for DAYS to hopefully get a rare is a waste of time. Just make sure you get the breed you want and get a stone for it. Stones are running 2 - 4k in the AH or u may get a lucky dragon stone drop in pet battle.

I farmed my golden rare then just stoned the other two... Much easier.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 15th, 2014, 4:19 pm

Yea same here. I intended to farm them all, but when I realised how long it had taken just to find one as rare, I stoned the other two. It's nice that they only have one possible breed each, so at least you don't have to worry about that.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » January 18th, 2014, 12:20 pm

I wouldn't spend a stone on these. You can get a rare one with enough time put in. Just kill the other spawns around and battle kill any non rare one. The extra dragonkin stones are more useful traded in for critter or beast stones.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » January 19th, 2014, 6:06 pm

I have personally had such pet OCD that I do have a ton of unused stones. I think that spending time doing better things than worrying about dragon upgrades is a fair thing to do. There aren't that many dragons compared to other families to use stones on. On top of that, there are is only like 1 pet that is worth stoning and selling. I think that by far, most of the dragon pets come from special circumstances and as such are rare to begin with. CE's, achieves, raiding with leaches, etc.

Plus, if you happen to get a beast or flying stone, there's a very good chance that you would be able to trade that for possibly two dragon stones for the vender pets, etc.

Just my 2 cents.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD