The essence of a staller team here?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
The essence of a staller team here?

Post by Luciandk » January 12th, 2014, 3:29 pm

I caught a rather intriguing idea on the EU wow forums.

Cockroach using Apocalypse
2x Death Adder Hatchlings doing theirs to stall as long they can to ensure Apocalypse lands and blows up the enemy pets. Using Cower and Blinding Poison.

Basically youd want to keep the cockroach out of battle as long you can, while stalling and whittling down targets with the Death Adders.

A nonspeed variant could possibly be two powerhealing pets. Blossoming Ancient and Singing Sunflower, while apocalypse ticks in the background.

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Re: The essence of a staller team here?

Post by Genome » January 12th, 2014, 4:27 pm

The problem is that when Apocalypse finally hits, it only kills the frontline pets (your opponent's and yours unless you move your roach back to the front ), so unless your Hatchlings brought down his other two pets, the match will still go on. On the plus side, with two Hatchlings there is the distinct possibility that you will have killed off his other two pets.

As for it being a stall team, I would call just about any comp running with a Sunflower and Ancient on the same team a staller :). I guess that the argument could be made that you are going for a kill every 15 rounds, so it wouldn't be made simply to frustrate and cause flees. Still, most of the comps that I run could kill one or both of the healers before the countdown if they are left out to soak rounds till apocalypse ends, which would leave you with one healer and a fairly sub-standard pet at best after the spell hits. Still, can be fun to try. I did something similar with two SS rabbits and a roach, but didn't have very good results tbh.

Scrump
Pet Score:2085
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Scrump » January 15th, 2014, 11:51 am

I have never actually seen an Apocalypse go off so I just assumed it killed "ALL PETS" save for roaches and beetles...

It only kills the frontline pets? Thats a really weak spell although it could maybe be useful on some of the beasts of fable?

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » January 15th, 2014, 1:47 pm

Scrump wrote:It only kills the frontline pets? Thats a really weak spell although it could maybe be useful on some of the beasts of fable?
Yep, it works pretty well on a lot of them though not the Celestials, because of that Boss buff. They just take the 35% or whatever it is and absorb the rest (see pic: http://tamerliopleurodon.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/bosspet.jpg ). That was a pretty rude awakening when I started writing those strats, lol.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » January 17th, 2014, 12:03 pm

Seems like it would be vulnerable to getting back rowed by things like bone storm.

Would be annoying to face though. I don't like long matches. >.<