Rarest Wild Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Denarian
Pet Score:2743
Realm:Kul Tiras-us
Rarest Wild Pets

Post by Denarian » January 15th, 2014, 5:59 pm

I'm a new member to the site, although I have been using it for a while.

I was just wondering, is there somewhere on here, that lists wild pets by their rarity? Like a ranking system somehow? Not the quality of them, but by the amount of them owned by people. I know you can go to each pet and see the amount of people that have it, but is there a way to search by that?

Take for example the Baby Ape pet or the Unborn Val'Kyr. Those two pets have very limited spawns, so they are rarer than lets say a "rat."

If not, it would be neat to be able to have such a thing.

Denarian
Pet Score:2743
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Re: Rarest Wild Pets

Post by Denarian » January 15th, 2014, 11:16 pm

Yes. That's what I'm searching for. Thank you.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 16th, 2014, 2:09 pm

Suprises me greatly to see Viscous Horror among the uber ultra rare pets. Slightly rarer than even Mini-Tyrael! O_O

But im also suprised to see Stunted Direhorn that low on the list. Is 250 pet battle wins really that challenging?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 16th, 2014, 6:47 pm

I'm not too surprised the Viscous Horror is still rare. It drops on the 8th boss in the raid only on Normal or better and has a relatively low drop rate. Wowhead has it at about 1% drop rate and has it dropping 74 times in their statistics. Had there been a flex raiding difficulty for that raid and it dropped there then I'm sure it would be much more common. The other difference is that it will continue to drop so the number of them will keep going up. Eventually, people will be able to solo the raid for the pet so it will keep going up.

I'm also not surprised to see the Stunted Direhorn low either. It's not necessarily hard to get and if you like pet pvp you'll get it eventually but overall I think you are looking at a subset of a subset of people who actually end up getting it. First you need to be interested in pet battles in general and then you either need to enjoy pet battle PVP or more commonly it seems a dedicated enough collector to grind through all the battles. Again this is one that will slowly go up over time and get more common.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 17th, 2014, 4:29 am

Luciandk wrote:Suprises me greatly to see Viscous Horror among the uber ultra rare pets. Slightly rarer than even Mini-Tyrael! O_O

But im also suprised to see Stunted Direhorn that low on the list. Is 250 pet battle wins really that challenging?
VH goes for 100K or more on my server.. That's 20x what I'm prepared to pay for a pet, and I think a lot of people feel the same way..
250 PvP battles seem an unsurmountable amount for anyone (including myself) who have never enjoyed PvP content.. Currently, I have 2 wins (says my win 10 PvP battles quest) and probably 10 losses.
If that statistics carry on, I will have to do ~1250 PvP battles to get the SD, which seems unrealistic to me..

Post by Guest » January 17th, 2014, 4:47 am

Luciandk wrote:Suprises me greatly to see Viscous Horror among the uber ultra rare pets. Slightly rarer than even Mini-Tyrael! O_O

It's not challenging. I just don't enjoy pet battles vs players. I think I've done 3 pvp pet battles ever?