pvp pet battles character cover up

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Skulwolf
Top Rater
Pet Score:4831
Realm:Gilneas-us
pvp pet battles character cover up

Post by Skulwolf » November 14th, 2012, 12:27 am

both me n friend on alliance recently had a match through the pvp pet battle system. we can tell due to names we name our top 3 pets. im draenei n she a night elf but in battle she was an undead to me n to her i was an orc:P thought this may give a lil giggle to you all. you really dont have a clue who your fighting unless u actually know them :)

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: pvp pet battles character cover up

Post by Zaelo » November 14th, 2012, 3:05 pm

That is true.
I tried PVP'in some the other night, but ended up having to fight three times the same guy in 4 battles... Given he had won the first fight, I just /quit each other one before giving up on PVP'in for that night.. lol
But yeah, all 3 times, he was showing as a different race/gender/etc.. even though it was clearly the same guy with the same 3 pets named the exact same way.. not sure why they do that cover thing though..?

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: pvp pet battles character cover up

Post by Lysi » November 14th, 2012, 5:06 pm

I think the reasoning was the wanted it to be a "fun thing" and not have the same animosity you can get with regular ol' pvp. This is the same reason they gave for not keeping track of losses, because they wanted to keep it lighthearted.

I don't even do pet battles but that still sounds silly to me. OK, so they decided at the last minute not to show you who you were fighting, but why even show you a fake person? I also find it odd that players can't find new people to battle. Are there really that few people using it? Or is it one of the things they decided not to do cross realm?
Some of my best friends are imaginary…