Share pet collecting news and advice.
Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us
Holding S/S Crow - FCFS (US)

Post by Wakamaru » January 7th, 2014, 11:39 pm

Happened upon a S/S Crow on Darkmoon Island. Already have mine, thought I would hold it for a bit in case anyone needs it. It's poor quality - but hey, that's what stones are for!

Will hold it for a little while as I am also working on midterms. Wakamaru#1375

First come, first serve!
@TamerWakamaru

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Holding S/S Crow - FCFS (US)

Post by FuxieDK » January 8th, 2014, 12:57 am

....and how would you trade the crow, given the fact that you can't cage wild pets?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 8th, 2014, 2:14 am

You can "trade" or hold wild pets by engaging the spawn in combat, and then when the other person gets there forfeit the battle. As long as nothing was killed or captured they will respawn in a few seconds with the same stats. I've done that for guildmates if I happen to stumble across a rare spawn that they might not have.

Wakamaru
MVP

Post by Wakamaru » January 8th, 2014, 2:23 am

@ Peanutty
That's exactly what I did.

@FuxieDK
Like Peanutty said, just start the battle and do nothing until the person shows up to claim it. Sometimes it's tricky if you are dealing w/ a higher level zone (i.e. northrend when holding a Unborn for someone), but it's pretty simple for Darkmoon Faire. If you don't kill or capture anything you can leave the fight and the pet spawns a few moments later for the other person to grab. They just need to make a character on your server / faction to get it.

I've done it w/ a Val'kyr before as well, sort of handy / friendly when dealing with pets like that which people may want.
@TamerWakamaru

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 8th, 2014, 5:34 am

Well.. That makes kinda sense, for friend/guildies, and I have done it myself a few times..

But it didn't occur to me, that it was the same, when doing it on a forum.. :roll:

Wakamaru
MVP

Post by Wakamaru » January 8th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Just trying to be thoughtful and helpful is all :) It never hurts. WCPets has been a great community to me and kind members have helped me in the past with lending me something for an achievement (coilfang stalker stile eludes me x_x, but someone here let me borrow theirs for the achiev), so I thought I'd try to help someone else out.

I noticed before a couple of people had posted similar threads with regards to the Unborn Val'kyr, seemed like the right forum to do it in.

I think I'm about the only person in my guild ATM who bothers with pets (I know, crazy right?) and since there was literally no one on Darkmoon Island interested and no one in guild bothers, I figured WCPets was the next best place to try just in case someone was still seeking their s/s crow.

Cheers :)
@TamerWakamaru