Son of Animus

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nagflar
Pet Score:1284
Realm:憤怒使者-tw
Son of Animus

Post by Nagflar » January 7th, 2014, 5:01 am

Are this pet good for pvp ? AH price going form30-40k. are this pet worth that amount of gold ?Please advise Thanks

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: Son of Animus

Post by Vek » January 7th, 2014, 5:29 am

Yes it is good and easy to use(and with that easy to predict). I think the price tag is because it only drops from throne of thunder raid, that is being played less and less. Saying that, they go for around 10k on my server. Perhaps 40k is more valid after next expansion comes out...

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 7th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Very powerful pet, useful for both pve and pvp. But 40k is quite unrealistic. Normal price is 6-10k tops.
I love the anima-golem look.

ToT is still being run at lot, in particular by achievement teams.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » January 7th, 2014, 2:14 pm

You can get it for around 10k. I'd try trading for the pet, easier and cheaper. Both people get something they want or need. Win/Win

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » January 8th, 2014, 12:50 am

To reiterate what these guys already said, in a very clear manner... It is not worth that amount to buy it. It can indeed be a useful pet, but it is not so overwhelmingly powerful that you should spend a fortune to get it.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » January 8th, 2014, 10:46 am

Nagflar wrote:Are this pet good for pvp ? AH price going form30-40k. are this pet worth that amount of gold ?Please advise Thanks
One of the best mechanical pets. It should only range from around 10k. I'd say 15k at the most. If it's more, make a toon on another realm and sell some stuff because I've never seen it near 30k. Not even level 25 ones.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » January 9th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Right now there are 3 in the AH on my server. The lowest is 7500g buyout, with the same bidding price.

I'm determined to save 10k to sit on as a backup. I've bought so many pets that I never have any gold. As soon as I save my 10k though I'll pick one up right away with the gold saved on my other main alt. And I know I've told this story before, but a couple months ago I saw one going for 4k. I hesitated in buying it and it sold FAST! I've been kicking myself ever since. If I see another for 5k or less I'll jump on it IMMEDIATELY! Although, on the positive side of that story, if I had bought Animus then, I wouldn't have had the 5k to get the crawling claw a few days later! :D I'm pretty sure the seller missed a zero in his buyout price, hehehe.

But right now a lot of people are still running ToT for secrets for the legendary. So until the legendary is obsolete, people will still be running it and getting the pet. And wowhead says nothing about it dropping only in normal mode. I've never seen it drop (or just didn't pay attn. to what loot other people got), so I don't know for sure.

Living Fluid seems to be rarer, and is always above 10k.

Like my comment? "Drops the battle-pet Son of Animus. ;^) "
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47777#add-your-comment

MUAHAHAHAHAaaaa :twisted:

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » January 21st, 2014, 11:03 am

A solid PvP Mech pet. Also part of my wild pet team, which includes Terrible Turnip and Feline Familiar.

Try and get it as a trade, 40k is a bit steep.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » January 21st, 2014, 1:34 pm

Abashera wrote:Right now there are 3 in the AH on my server. The lowest is 7500g buyout, with the same bidding price.

I'm determined to save 10k to sit on as a backup. I've bought so many pets that I never have any gold. As soon as I save my 10k though I'll pick one up right away with the gold saved on my other main alt. And I know I've told this story before, but a couple months ago I saw one going for 4k. I hesitated in buying it and it sold FAST! I've been kicking myself ever since. If I see another for 5k or less I'll jump on it IMMEDIATELY! Although, on the positive side of that story, if I had bought Animus then, I wouldn't have had the 5k to get the crawling claw a few days later! :D I'm pretty sure the seller missed a zero in his buyout price, hehehe.

But right now a lot of people are still running ToT for secrets for the legendary. So until the legendary is obsolete, people will still be running it and getting the pet. And wowhead says nothing about it dropping only in normal mode. I've never seen it drop (or just didn't pay attn. to what loot other people got), so I don't know for sure.

Living Fluid seems to be rarer, and is always above 10k.

Like my comment? "Drops the battle-pet Son of Animus. ;^) "
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=47777#add-your-comment

MUAHAHAHAHAaaaa :twisted:
All tot pets drops in lfr, normal and heroic. Except Living Fluid which is lfr only. And Viscous Horror which is normal and heroic only.