RAF question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us
RAF question

Post by Dolz » January 1st, 2014, 1:50 pm

I've never RAF before and I have a question. I gave my friend WoW for Christmas and sent him the invite from in game. It turns out that several years ago he had tried WoW and set up an account with the email address I sent him the invite on. We he went on he was given the choice of using a WoW1 or WoW2 account.

My question is that even those these accounts are tied to the same email address will the WoW2 account count as a new one created after 2013/11/13 or do I have to send an invite to address that hasn't been used with WoW yet.

Thanks for any help and have a great New Year all.

Bastianelle
Top Rater
Pet Score:12332
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: RAF question

Post by Bastianelle » January 1st, 2014, 11:27 pm

The WoW2 account should count as the RAF account, as long as your friend pays for game time on it. Since there was such great prices for the battle chest and MoP after Thanksgiving, I did RAF with my husband to get the Emerald Hippogryph mount. He's a terrible altoholic and will delete a 90 willy-nilly to start a new toon. His main account was even active when I did it. All he did was add the invite to his Battle.net, which gave him the WoW2 account. Once we added a time card to it, a week later I was prompted to pick my prize.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » January 2nd, 2014, 6:17 am

Thanks for the info. I thought this might be the case, but I just wanted a confirmation before committing the resources.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » January 2nd, 2014, 1:28 pm

An easy way to check to make sure he's on the right account (before you upgrade and apply time to it) is to have him make a toon and group with a toon of yours that is under 85.

If he has the summon option, then you're all set.

If you don't have that option, then you're on the wrong account, or something wasn't applied correctly.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » January 2nd, 2014, 1:37 pm

Anyway to check this out if your RAFing yourself? And have no intention of playing the raf accounts. All I have to do is the game time which I am doing tonight. I already did the game itself.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » January 3rd, 2014, 6:15 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Anyway to check this out if your RAFing yourself? And have no intention of playing the raf accounts. All I have to do is the game time which I am doing tonight. I already did the game itself.
You could always just open another instance of WoW on the same computer and do the above that way. If you can summon yourself (from the friends tab), you're good!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 3rd, 2014, 11:57 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:Anyway to check this out if your RAFing yourself? And have no intention of playing the raf accounts. All I have to do is the game time which I am doing tonight. I already did the game itself.
Some additional ways to check that you're applying the game upgrade/game time to the correct account (without having to log into the actual game on each one):
  • If you haven't upgraded the RAF account to the full game yet, RAF accounts will be labeled as "starter editions" in small grey text next to the "WoW1, 2, 3, etc." on your Battle.net Account page. Fully upgraded accounts have "standard editions" in grey text instead.
  • If you've upgraded the game for a RAF account, but want to make sure it's the RAF account before adding game time, check which expansion the account was upgraded to. It should say "Cataclysm" instead of Mists of Pandaria. This is, of course, assuming that only your main account is upgraded to MoP, and that you used a Battlechest to upgrade the RAF account (only includes expansions up to Cataclysm).
Hope this helps a little. The RAF process is in dire need of a more user-friendly management system. It left me biting my nails and on edge for seven days while I waited for the confirmation that I either screwed up the process or did it right. Thankfully on the 7th day I was able to redeem the pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com