Just started battling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Redmicrowave
Pet Score:974
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
Just started battling

Post by Redmicrowave » January 1st, 2014, 3:50 am

Hey guys,

So I've just started to get into pet battling. And wanted a little advice on where to go.

I have a few 25's But i wanted advice on what to do next. Should i level more pets? (Like 1 of each type.) I Thought id be able to get the safari hate fairly easily. But i got the grand master of Northrend, and he ate my face.

Are there any pets for specific types i should try and get earlier? I tried getting an unborn val'kyr, But he killed himself when i was trying to trap him.

Thanks.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: Just started battling

Post by Liopleurodon » January 1st, 2014, 9:42 am

The good and bad thing about pet battles is that it's fairly open ended. I do think getting your Safari Hat is a good goal to set though. Read up on the boss giving you trouble (Okrut? Payne?) and then level the pet(s) you need in order to pass him. It gets tougher from Northrend on up, but don't get discouraged! Tamer battles are more like a puzzle than anything.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » January 1st, 2014, 11:45 am

I agree that isn't a bad idea. The Safari Hat is handy and if you want to continue leveling pets up it make sense to do that and then start doing carry teams with the pandara trainers as it is a good way to get exp and battle stones you'll need to upgrade pets. If you are having problems with the same ones I did the answer is a frog but Liopleurodon is right. Do a little research on the boss and figure out what would work well or just look at their pets and try to figure out a strategy to counter them. Review the strong vs, weak vs charts at http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/ and look at pets to figure out who would be a good counter pet for the fights.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » January 1st, 2014, 12:47 pm

I use a [pet]Clockwork gnome[/pet], [pet]water waveling[/pet] and level 23 ish pet on Payne. Both of those pets are also useful for the Outlands pet master.