How does pet score work?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us
How does pet score work?

Post by Misstic » December 27th, 2013, 2:21 am

I am sure this has been address but does anyone know the break down for points?

I think you get 2 points for a new pet?
I think you get 1 point when you turn a green quality to a blue quality?

I am not sure what you get for leveling pets, maybe 1/2 point for 1-25?

If anyone can provide a break down how how you get points for your total pet score on this site, I would appreciate it, thank you so much and so sorry if this was already posted somewhere, :-)

Renjah
Top Rater
Pet Score:7345
BattleTag®:Renja#1581
Realm:Thunderlord-us

Re: How does pet score work?

Post by Renjah » December 27th, 2013, 2:34 am

When your on the manage collection page you can see your pet score and a little bubble with a '?' you can click for more information but here is the info they list for it,
Q: What is pet score?
A: Pet score is a numerical assessment of your pet collecting efforts. Your score is primarily determined by the total number of unique pets you've collected and the quality of those pets. To a lesser extent, your pets' levels play a role. Here is the formula we use to calculate pet score:
2*(total unique pets)
+ 4*(avg. pet level)
+ 1*(total common pets)
+ 2*(total uncommon pets)
+ 3*(total rare pets)
+ 5*(total epic pets)
+ 10*(total legendary pets)
Pet Score
Only unique pets are factored into pet score. Also notice that even though we use a multiplier of 4 to determine the level portion of your score, it's your average pet level that's being assessed. So you'd have to level a lot of pets by several levels to see a real difference in your score.

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Pyy » December 27th, 2013, 7:29 am

Woo maths.

Every new pet you get adds +2 to your score if it's grey (poor), +3 if it's white (common), +4 if it's green (uncommon), +5 if it's blue (rare).

Catching/learning new pets, and upgrading all of your collection to rare is the fastest way to increase your pet score.

Levelling up pets is the slowest way to increase your pet score, there's only 100 points you can gain from it, and when your collection is huge (500+!) it takes a LOT of levels to increase your average pet level by even 0.1.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 28th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Thank you so much! I have been focusing on leveling instead of turning my 100 green pets to blue since that takes such a ling time I am hoping to get stones from pet battles while leveling and doing tamer daily's. Thank you for the breakdown! :-)