Feisty Wild Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us
Feisty Wild Pets

Post by Drrum » December 28th, 2013, 1:28 pm

This is going to sound a little crazy, but here goes. When I'm fighting pets in the field and I come across a particularly scrappy wild pet who puts up a real fight during battle, I almost always want to capture him even if he's terrible quality or breed. I know it's really only rng, but sometimes I just say to myself "This guy loves to fight. He deserves to live!" Anyone else ever think this way or am I just loons? :?

Be cool if there was a hidden stat in pets that made some more keen to fight than others. Maybe a slight chance to proc some bonus stat just randomly. I know everyone already hates rng, but sometimes that's what makes pet battles more interesting and the pets themselves a bit more realistic.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Re: Feisty Wild Pets

Post by Abashera » December 28th, 2013, 2:09 pm

I can't say I've ever taken a pet home with me just because it put up a good fight and deserves to live. :P

But there are a few I ended up hunting down in best breed for that reason. Like the Bucktooth Flapper. Maybe it was just RNG and a string of perfect crits, but that thing killed my Emerald Proto-Whelp! And I can count on one hand the number to times my emerald has died in a wild battle. I just had to hunt rare in either breed.

Although now looking at it I'm thinking of going back out and getting an H/B. I think that extra health may benefit it more than 3 power.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13370
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » December 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm

I have noticed is the "recommended" breed isn't always the best. I guess it depends what you're using them for? Lets take my crows for example. I have a Gilnean Raven and just a normal Crow from DM Island. GR is SS and crow is PB....They have the same spells, and when using either of them to fight. I just find P/B better even though everyone screams SS. My point is maybe there is something to this "fiesty" fighter thing Drrum :)

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » December 28th, 2013, 3:12 pm

I totally agree [profile]Beana[/profile]! I love my PB [pet]Crow[/pet]. :D

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842