Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Quick tip re: pet leveling

Post by Skyquake » December 25th, 2013, 8:40 pm

As you probably know, Stone Cold Trixxie in Winterspring and Lydia Acoste under Karazhan both award pet bags despite having level 19 Uncommon teams easily beaten by two level 25 pets and a carry pet. But what you may not know is that if that carry pet is EXACTLY level 18 (not level 19, not level 17, level 20 is right out) the carry pet receives 1337 experience points.

How 1337 is that?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Christopher337
Pet Score:10048
Realm:Thunderlord-us

Re: Quick tip re: pet leveling

Post by Christopher337 » December 26th, 2013, 12:33 am

Very 1337 indeed! For those teams I actually use a 25 Emerald Protowhelp and 2 carry pets. I bring the level 1 carry pets up to speed by doing a few of the non-bag trainers along the way from stormwind to kharazan.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 26th, 2013, 7:09 am

Yep I go there everyday to get my bag and level a lowbie pet :)

Aalea
Top Rater

Post by Aalea » December 30th, 2013, 9:50 pm

While I also do this I have found if you bring an Infinite Whelping (level 25) to Timeless Isle with 2 levelling pets you can level them really fast. The Infinite Whelp with kill the moths quickly and can heal for any other pets you might encounter.

Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Dirkie » January 17th, 2014, 9:54 am

I have gotten a low level character (lvl 10) ported to Pandaria central base. Grabbed the flight point there. Then I got someone to fly me to fly me to the Blackmarket AH and I grabbed that flight point. Next I was able to run to halfhill (died once) and grab that flight point. This gave me a Lvl 10 character with flight points to Halfhill, Blackmarket AH and Main central zone. You can battle pets at Halfhill and you get a level 1 pet to level 5 or 6 each time plus get 1000+ xp for you character. You can also do the Farmer battle and get the quest xp for your character then do the BOF battle in the area too. Plus with Mining you can mine nodes to get mining xp with the new format, and get character xp for that also. I use the [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] or any pet with [ability]Decoy [/ability]or similar move. Put up the block swap in the level 1 which will not take damage (except in rare cases with multi attacks) swap out to an [pet]Emerald Proto-Welp[/pet] and level you pet and character all at once! My character is already at level 25. Finally when you finish your daily BOF quests with other characters you can fly back to the main base and turn in the quests for additional character xp! The final bonus is you can use that character to monitor the Blackmarket AH!

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » January 19th, 2014, 5:52 pm

That's effectively how I've leveled my last three alts Dirkie! I get a port to shrine, just like I used to in Dalaran. Then I hop on the sands drake with them and they bring me to Halfhill. I pick up both of the FP's and I'm golden! I track the BMAH using undermine journal, so I don't worry about that really.

For toons under level 80, you get roughly 2 levels for every pet you level from 1-25. Needless to say, I'm up to almost 500 level 25's. Less than 100 to go (for now...).

There is a big swath of land in the heartlands where no aggro mobs are. I can get all the way to the part of the zone near the blighted klaxxi and grab that FP as well. Mining will work for ghost iron nuggets from skill level 1 on! I just wish herbs were the same way. However, once you're level 75, you can pick herbs there too. I love the weird tells I get from people when I'm level 5 running around panda land. :)

Cheers!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Post by Guest » January 20th, 2014, 6:34 am

Use a Zandalari Anklebiter with Bite, Primal Scream, Devour -vs- critters.
The primal scream does 270 ish damage to all pets.
Devour keeps it fully healed
bite when the others are on c/d.

Faster than the proto whelp due to the strong aoe attack

Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Dirkie » January 21st, 2014, 1:02 pm

Haevlyn:
Thanks I'll try that tonight. I have tried various beasts but never found one I stuck with. I do use my [pet]worg pup[/pet] now and then as he is my favourite but eventually he runs out of health.

p.s. Tried the Anklebiter and you're right a much better choice with the devour! Basically never have to use bandages.

Dak:
I am still trying to level all mine so I have no level 1's! The only aggro problems are from the birds overhead which you don't see.
Last edited by Dirkie on January 27th, 2014, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » January 22nd, 2014, 2:11 am

I have been using a different location to level; Temple of the Jade Serpent. I was able to get there after a lift from a friend (similar to what is described above), and the temple is really great. Walled in, NO aggro mobs, tons of pet spawns, ore (if you are a miner). I have been using the Blue Rocket bot with minefield. Sometimes the mines 1-shot the next pet on the other team. I also use an S/S raven for the occasional aqua heavy team. Really, the bot can solo the teams for the most part.

The only draw back would be no pet healer, so you are somewhat reliant on bandages. Personally, I have too many so this is not a concern.

Anyways, just wanted to share the spot. It's pretty nice.

Scrump
Pet Score:2085
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Scrump » January 23rd, 2014, 11:21 am

Badpathing wrote:I have been using a different location to level; Temple of the Jade Serpent. I was able to get there after a lift from a friend (similar to what is described above), and the temple is really great. Walled in, NO aggro mobs, tons of pet spawns, ore (if you are a miner). I have been using the Blue Rocket bot with minefield. Sometimes the mines 1-shot the next pet on the other team. I also use an S/S raven for the occasional aqua heavy team. Really, the bot can solo the teams for the most part.

The only draw back would be no pet healer, so you are somewhat reliant on bandages. Personally, I have too many so this is not a concern.

Anyways, just wanted to share the spot. It's pretty nice.

I have never been there on a lvl 1 toon BUT there is a stable master just down the path into the small town connected to the temple (I dont think there are any mobs to worry about) you can heal pets there.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » January 23rd, 2014, 5:51 pm

Scrump wrote:I have never been there on a lvl 1 toon BUT there is a stable master just down the path into the small town connected to the temple (I dont think there are any mobs to worry about) you can heal pets there.
Yeah, I never even bothered to look for one since I seem to gain more than I lose doing the trainers every day. I am sitting on well over 300 bandages, to the point of feeling like they are a burden on my bag space..so I do not mind just using them :)