Westfall chicken and other glitchy pains

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Westfall chicken and other glitchy pains

Post by Tekulve2012 » December 22nd, 2013, 12:38 pm

So ... I love collecting pets and I now have 551 pets after 15 months work and play but a couple of quest related pets give me fits and the forums and comments research has not solved these issues:
(1)
Westfall chicken
I have spammed /flap at chicken critters and battler chickens at the Saldean farm...I have also done /chicken ...my character is horde and I have the special feed from the guy in Brill...can'tpick up this quest
(2)
Mini jouster
I looked for this special ledge the forums mention....can'tmake any progress on this quest
(3)
Lashtail hatchling
Do I have to complete the final part of this quest line with other players or can it be done solo..if solo where do Igo for the last battle?

These types of threads are tedious to reply to comprehensively so feel free to answer only one of the 3 questions...I appreciate any and all tips for things that worked for you folks

Happy holidays to one and all

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: Westfall chicken and other glitchy pains

Post by Maizing » December 22nd, 2013, 12:43 pm

1) Try spamming /chicken at a chicken. Spamming /flap does nothing. The chicken has to just be a normal chicken. You can do it with any chicken. I have done it with the chickens that are actually IN Brill, with chickens in Westfall (even on a hordie) and with chickens in Shattrath.

2) Have you done all the quests in Mt Hyjal? The quest that you get the Mini-jouster from is inside a portal. You get the first mini-jouster from completing the quest and get the other from completing the follow-up daily 10 times. It goes much faster with a group since each member can get the quest objectives for the entire group.

3) Once you have completed all of the quests in Northern Stranglethorn that are part of the chain (I just went ahead and did every quest in the zone), you have to go inside Zul'Gurub to get the pet. I suppose if you are capable of doing that (level 85 heroic only) instance solo, that you would not need a group... especially since you do not have to complete the entire instance.

If you like, I could group with you and help you with any of these in game. I have both horde and alliance alts.
Last edited by Maizing on December 22nd, 2013, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » December 22nd, 2013, 12:55 pm

Thanks for the help Maizing...I have triedthe /chicken idea ... I think I will just make an Alliance toon and have someone fly me there... I think the quest will pop for me on an Ally toon ..just a hunch

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » December 22nd, 2013, 12:58 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:Thanks for the help Maizing...I have triedthe /chicken idea ... I think I will just make an Alliance toon and have someone fly me there... I think the quest will pop for me on an Ally toon ..just a hunch
If you want to do it that way, I can do this for you.

Back when the chicken quest was faction specific, I had actually gotten the Westfall Chicken for a hordie. Once the quest is complete, anyone can pick up the egg.

I can send you a B-tag invite as soon as I get in game today if you like.

The frustrating thing about this quest is that there is not a set number of times that you have to do the emote before the quest pops. I have had it pop after doing /chicken 5 times, and other times, it has taken so long that I just killed the chicken out of frustration and moved on to another chicken. Note: This was, of course, back before pets and mounts were account wide.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » December 22nd, 2013, 4:23 pm

Make a macro for the /chicken and just spam it. Eventually the quest will pop up, sometimes it takes quite a while

Tekulve2012

Post by Tekulve2012 » December 23rd, 2013, 5:47 pm

Yay! No more clucking ...
Taurens do look cool doing it though ...kind of like a Klingon doing the YMCA...just get out of the way!

Big thanks to Maizing for helping me out!!!

Will tackle the other two soon : )

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554

Post by Kpb321 » December 23rd, 2013, 5:57 pm

For #2 the other options for the second jouster is to just do it on another char. With the pets now account bound you don't need to do the daily 10 times to get the second pet.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » December 23rd, 2013, 7:03 pm

I actually go into Arathi basin and do /chicken at the chickens on the farm, anyone can take the egg, its pretty funny