Which Celestial pet is best all around?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shadowdeals
Pet Score:1807
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Which Celestial pet is best all around?

Post by Shadowdeals » September 27th, 2013, 5:51 pm

Out of the 4 new pets which do you guys think is the best all around pet for its type?

Atr3dhead
Pet Score:4866
Realm:Muradin-us

Re: Which Celestial pet is best all around?

Post by Atr3dhead » December 21st, 2013, 10:03 am

I was really hoping to see some responses for that question. I finally beat the tournament, and I am having a really hard time choosing my first pet. I was wondering if any of them are more help than others in doing the actual tournament, or maybe especially good for PvP. Any thoughts?

Goldenarms
Pet Score:3251
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Goldenarms » December 21st, 2013, 10:36 am

Xu Fu, Zao, and Chi-Chi are my favorites. I think youd be happy with any of them.

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Asphodael » December 21st, 2013, 10:43 am

Chi-Chi is pretty amazing in PvP with Feign Death and synergizes well with a couple of teams because of Wild Magic. I haven't found any uses for them against any PvE Trainers yet.

Hypah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2214
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Hypah » December 21st, 2013, 11:21 am

My favorite would be Xu-Fu.

Memnochlv
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Memnochlv » December 21st, 2013, 12:12 pm

[pet]Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji[/pet] is the first one I purchased. Leveling her was even fun, she's quite powerful and was able to take down 3 pets at around lvl 17 (with lots of healing afterwords of course, but still...). [pet]Xu-Fu, Cub of Xuen[/pet] is the second one I've purchased. I haven't had a chance to get my hands dirty with him yet, but I've read he also has some killer combos.

Like you however, I'd be really interested to see how people rank them in order and why.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 21st, 2013, 1:07 pm

I love Chi-Chi the best. She simplifies the No-No battle greatly. Xu-Fu's skills aren't in the same order as they are in the pet battle so that kind of sucks about him. The dragon has basically all the attacks that the green proto drake has so that was kind of eh. I do like Zao but I kind of wish he was a different color.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » December 21st, 2013, 1:36 pm

Xufu is my favorite celestial. I rarely use him in pvp, but he's on my capture team with the turnip. With the 100% hit of bite and the healing ability of feed, he's just a solid pet that can take down the opponents, and with vengeance, if my turnip fails against whatever I'm trying to capture, I can hit for just the amount I was hit for last.

I do have him on a pvp moonfire team, along with a nether faerie dragon and a fungal abomination, but that team suffers vs other weather changers and hasn't been a top performer for me. Plus, mechanicals are still popular because of the direhorn, kovok, and death adder lashback. He doesn't do all that well vs mechanicals :(

I'd put chi-chi as the number two celestial pet, but I haven't used the others at all.

Iskarjareck
Pet Score:7963
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Post by Iskarjareck » December 21st, 2013, 1:52 pm

My Favourite is XuFu just because...

But in terms of utility I've found Chi-Chi to be really, really good. He's flying type with a dodge and a heal. Against a bunch of the aquatic types on trainers he's very useful to have imo.

Atr3dhead

Post by Atr3dhead » December 21st, 2013, 2:59 pm

Thanks for the opinions! I ended up going with Xu-fu - possibly "just because" as well :) I didn't pay attention to the location of the talents until after I bought him. But he is awesome looking enough to be worth it, and hopefully once I get him to 25 he'll be useful :) I haven't started PvP'ing but I've been trying to get a decent amount of pets to work with before I start. I think I'm about there, have a few more pets I need to finish getting to 25 that I'd like to use. Can't wait!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 21st, 2013, 4:00 pm

Xu-Fu is a powerhouse and the best statted of the celestial pets. Comming with 333 power as a p/p breed, whereas the 3 others are P/S. Really hurts zao, whom really should have been H/H, so far he feels like an inferior and quite fragile version of xu-fu. Chi-chi is sorta ok with ps, having a quite good moveset that really lifts up the pet. But Yu'la is junk, poor breed and abilities.

Prowl+spirit claws or feed is murder with xu-fu

Ratings
1: Xu-Fu
2: Chi-Chi
3: Zao
4: Yu-la

Edit: Zao is also a quite noisy pet, I ended having to find his sound file to mute him. Really irritating.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » December 23rd, 2013, 12:30 am

I agree with Luciandk's list. I use xu'fu all the time, but the others a lot less or not at all. Here's looking at you, Yu-la.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Atr3dhead

Post by Atr3dhead » December 27th, 2013, 6:33 pm

I am glad to hear that! He's pretty awesome already and I have only gotten him to 17 so far. I can see using him for a lot of the Fable pets. It also makes me feel better about having to wait so long for the rest of them - since I have the best already :) Thanks!

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 27th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Well I know which one is best for me—or at least it's going to be the first I buy. The one that is going to get me my "...The Crazy Cat Lady" title. :D