Gilnean Raven or Crow?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Teejaye
Pet Score:4829
Realm:Duskwood-us
Gilnean Raven or Crow?

Post by Teejaye » December 19th, 2013, 3:53 am

Hey all,

I just got a flying stone to upgrade with and I am having trouble deciding what I should use it on. I have an uncommon [pet]Gilnean Raven[/pet] and an uncommon [pet]Crow[/pet] and was wondering which one was better. My Raven is S/S, and my Crow is P/S. Which one should I stone? If not the Crow, should I try to get a different breed the next time the Faire is in?
Thanks!

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Gilnean Raven or Crow?

Post by Jabart » December 19th, 2013, 4:09 am

The breed you want for both is s/s. With that in mind, I'd stone the s/s Gilnean Raven first.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Teejaye
Pet Score:4829
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Teejaye » December 19th, 2013, 4:12 am

And done! Thank you!
Now to level it to 25...

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 19th, 2013, 9:02 am

I would add, you can get a rare crow S/S or P/S relatively easy , a rare raven S/S is definitively not easy and cheap to get these days.

PS: A Crow P/S is still nice for some combo.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » December 19th, 2013, 11:02 am

Gilnean Raven is only obtainable in B/B now. So that S/S is rare, and definitely the best breed of any of them. Going first for them is a very good thing.

I learned this the hard way, I wanted an S/S for my daughters account, we tried 7 worgans before we wised up and investigated and found out that it is only available in B/B now.

I use my S/S raven a lot vs just about anything aquatic, and wanted to get one for her account as well. Ah well, we grabbed her a S/S Crow from Darkmoon island so she now has a viable alternative.

P.S. I would be careful paying a lot for any Ravens because there was rumors of retroactively changing all ravens to B/B. This never happened, but who knows if it is still being considered(if it ever was).
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 19th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Ya I bought a raven and didn't know it came in b/b only I was sooo disappointed :cry: so I worked on getting a couple of decent crows at DM. If you have a p/s or s/s crow you are soo lucky better hang on to it.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » December 19th, 2013, 8:57 pm

I have an S/S Gilean Raven and a P/S Darkmoon Crow. I like theP/S crow much more in both PVP and PVE. I feel the increase in power outweighs the slight loss in speed. However, everyone has their own preferences.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » December 19th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Denverrunner wrote:I have an S/S Gilean Raven and a P/S Darkmoon Crow. I like theP/S crow much more in both PVP and PVE. I feel the increase in power outweighs the slight loss in speed. However, everyone has their own preferences.
Now I don't feel so bad leveling my crow :))

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » December 20th, 2013, 6:03 am

Had my one flying stone sat in my bags for about 5 months waiting for tomorrow and SNOWY OWL OMG YES ZOOKEEPER FINALLY. :lol:

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11592
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » December 20th, 2013, 8:16 am

Denverrunner wrote:I have an S/S Gilean Raven and a P/S Darkmoon Crow. I like theP/S crow much more in both PVP and PVE. I feel the increase in power outweighs the slight loss in speed. However, everyone has their own preferences.
Ill second this. I'm someone who uses a crow and/or raven in PVP the majority of my fights. I almost always take the P/S over my S/S. If I need something faster Ill grab a moth or my dragon kite.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » December 20th, 2013, 8:17 am

Rioriel wrote:Had my one flying stone sat in my bags for about 5 months waiting for tomorrow and SNOWY OWL OMG YES ZOOKEEPER FINALLY. :lol:
GRATS !!!

Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Aur » December 24th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Morlis wrote:P.S. I would be careful paying a lot for any Ravens because there was rumors of retroactively changing all ravens to B/B. This never happened, but who knows if it is still being considered(if it ever was).
This is not going to happen. Blizz has set a policy that all existing pets will stay whatever breeds they were before the hotfix. In fact, I petitioned to have my [pet]Brilliant Kaliri[/pet] changed to P/S since I unfortunately have a P/B one and the GM's would not do it.

Malignus
Pet Score:2691
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Malignus » December 24th, 2013, 1:44 pm

I think you're overestimating the value of the breeds. My raven and crow both are B/B and are still extremely effective. Sometimes it would be great to have more speed, sometimes it would be great do do a little more damage. But sometimes a little HP less would mean one attack less for me. It really boils down to who you're facing. And that's of course if we're speaking about PVP. In PVE the B/B breed is really OK (all of the breeds are). The S/S breed would be much better against Dos-Ryga and No-No though.

That said, I have to catch myself an S/S or P/S Crow just to test the differences. Sadly the Gilnean Raven is not available in other breeds than B/B anymore and I refuse to use two of the same pets in one team.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 24th, 2013, 10:18 pm

Stone the SS raven first as you need to stone it anyway. You could hunt for a crow or hope to find one as you farm glowfly PB rare.

I'm leaning towards what Denver said aswell, having my Crow PS, why would I need 2 325S birds? Spread the variation so I can optimize depending what I'm up against. You dont have two exactly the same cars in your garage aswell? well some do.. but!

289/289 is 10% more dmg and still at decent normal mediocre speed benchmark. Worst case scenario, toss the PS crow and get a 2nd SS crow.

If one wanted to have one of each, I would suggest that the Raven should be SS>PS and the Crow PS>SS simply because of the Murder/Nevermore unique difference abilties that sets them apart. Nevermore options for initiatiave while Murder would benefit from that extra power.

Getting a SS raven wasnt that hard as I expected, I do admit its half a year since I prolly got mine but check AHs of highpop realms. Gilnean Ravens usually swings from 1-2k both SS and BB, then you just snag the SS from the clueless seller :)

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » December 25th, 2013, 2:45 am

You're very lucky to have an S/S raven :)

I have my B/B raven and P/S crow together in a team against No-No, and they're awesome, no matter the breed.
I am happy with the both of them!

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 25th, 2013, 11:42 am

I have never seen an S/S Gilnean on the AH on my server.

DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!

/weeps bitterly