Regarding Doobjanka's Contest

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us
Regarding Doobjanka's Contest

Post by Drrum » December 17th, 2013, 4:13 pm

I'm absolutely HOWLING at everyone's entries for Doob's giveaway contest. So much fun! Even if you don't plan to enter, take the time to read through the entries. They'll make your day! I want all these fantasy pets under my tree this year!

Principa
Top Rater
Pet Score:9797
BattleTag®:Principa#1346
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Re: Regarding Doobjanka's Contest

Post by Principa » December 17th, 2013, 4:47 pm

I agree! These need to be sent to Blizz, begging for some kind of Christmas Miracle... :D

Principa
Top Rater
Pet Score:9797
BattleTag®:Principa#1346
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Principa » December 17th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Regardless of who wins, I'd like to shout-out to a few of my favourites. WELL DONE! These are so clever!
Fullelven wrote:Ghost Of Winter's Veil
An Undead-type pet that hovers and has three sides to it to represent Past, Present, and Future. Past is grey and has one large cyclops like eye. Present is red and has two eyes, both open. Future has two eyes with a third eye in the center and is red in color. It's entire appearance is stone, so the colors are more overtones to it. It's three abilities are:
  • Past: Curse the pet with visions of the past, sometimes causing it to miss. When it does it, it takes a 1/4 of its damage dealt in damage to itself.
  • Present: Shoots a beam of frosty Christmas spirit that deals X amount of damage.
  • Future: Places a swirling void beneath the target that will erupt in three turns doing X amount of damage to them and 1/2 that damage to the backrow pets.
Heartfruit wrote:Gnomish String of Lights
A floating string of festive Winter Veil lights. Idle animation: the lights blink on and off.
  • Strangle Hold - Wraps around an enemy, dealing 394 Mechanical damage
  • Burnt out lights - Stun the target for 1 round while they figure out why the string of lights isn't lighting up.
  • Exploding bulb - Light bulbs explode hitting the enemy 1-3 times, dealing 103 Mechanical damage per explosion.
Aureale wrote:The Nutty Nutcracker - An animated nutcracker soldier featuring his very own bayonet.
Abilities:
  • Jab - Jabs the opponent with his bayonet.
  • Forward March - Similar to stampede, but with rows of marching nutcrackers.
  • Nuts Galore - Nuts rain down on the opponent causing dot over 4 rounds.
Valtier wrote:Sugar Plum Queen
A Humanoid pet. Character model: female Sin'dorei (blood elf) with golden wings (e.g., Jina-Kang, Kindness of Chi-Ji), wearing Crown of Empowered Fate (floating golden crown) and Alanna’s Embrace (purple, gold, and white robe) and weilding Lethtendris' Wand (glowing purple and gold scepter).
  • Pirouette: Humanoid spinning attack hits the enemy 1-3 times, dealing 197 Humanoid damage per hit. Rapid Blood Elf spinning jump or Monk Spinning Crane Kick animation.
  • Sugar Rush: Magic attack causes enemies to dance wildly for one round. Inspiring Song animation.
  • Land of Sweets: Magic attack causes Moonlight weather.
Nyan wrote:Tin Soldier
Looks like a classic tin soldier
  • Drums of war: Boost attk for 3 rounds
  • Rifle shot: Does 1-3 shots
  • Call reinforcement: Have 2 more tin soldiers come up and do Rifle shot for 1 round 5 round CD
Meistar wrote:Missile-Toe
Green, Mechanical type pet with Jeweled Red Blinking Lights in the shape of a common Mistletoe plant. Even though he is designed to look like a harmless Mistletoe plant, he still wears tiny black combat boots. Great Father Winter's Right Hand Gnome created Missle-Toe to insure the protection of Great Father Winter from the evils of the The Abominable Greench.
Abilites:
  • Burning Bright- Shoots a beam of light at the enemy pet, blinding them for 2 rounds.
  • Noel Knockout- Missile-Toe rushes the enemy pet to melee for (insert #) Damage.
  • Blasting Kiss- Fires a Red Missile at the enemy pet. If the ability hits, the target becomes charmed (in love), stunning the enemy pet for 1 round.
Herrykoo wrote:Unruly Wrapping paper
A whirling tornado of paper and ribbons
It's abilities are:
  • Reduce: Removes a percentage attack power from the target for 3 rounds
  • Reuse: Reuses the last move made by it's opponent
  • Recycle: You think it's dead, but there's always a bit left, comes back to life with 1/4 hp
Delafant wrote:The Nutcracker (Humanoid) (S/S)
Appearance: A large nutcracker
His abilities would be:
  • Painted - dress the enemy in a nutcracker costume which reduces their crit and hit chance by 50%.
  • Winter Veil - Changes the weather to snowy (with bells playing in the background) which reduces hit chance by 10%.
  • Mighty Crush - uses his teeth to crush you like a nut! Inflicts 150 damage if used in Winter Veil weather. 110 damage in normal conditions.
Sammylou_23 wrote:Bah-Humbug
This would be a tiny beetle with a top hat, monocle, scarf, and little smoking pipe.
Abilities:
  • Chains of Woe - Ghostly chains shoot out, imprisoning the target and squeezing out gold coins every round for 3 rounds. (Damage over time).
  • Coal Shooter - Pipe transforms into weapon and starts shooting coal at target. This would cause 2-3 strikes of damage.
  • Top Hat of Doom - Bah-Humbug's top hat rises up and enlarges, seeking to engulf the target in total darkness, destroying Christmas spirit and joy. Target is frozen in terror for one round. 3 round cool down. (Top hat gets mean eyes and maniacal smile, floats to target and covers them while laughing in an evil way).
Tott_donetta wrote:Marley
An undead human ghost, grey and transparent, covered in long ghostly chains and locks that trail behind him - instead of legs he floats on tattered rags. his face is long and gaunt, a perpetual groan etched on his face. his animations would be a wail and rattling his chains. his three abilities are:
  • Chains: it jabs at an opponent for x damage and has a 25% chance to root them for three turns
  • You will be visited: Changes the weather to 'Haunted' for 6 turns, during haunted all undead abilities do an extra 10% damage
  • change your ways!: sacrifices himself to do X damage to the other team and increases his replacements chance to hit and crit by 5% for three rounds.
Irelånd wrote:Naughty Lil Helper
It would be the warlock Succubus in Winter Garb clothing.
  • Naughty or Nice : An Ability that will randomly choose whether you shall gain a + cheer buff that grants crit increase
    or a humbug buff making your pet more vulnerable for 2 rounds
  • Reindeer Whip : Cracks her whip stunning the opponents pet for 1 round and has 3 round cool down
  • Santa Baby: The Succubus spank and kiss animation that hits for 365hp ( days a year you should be on the nice list)
    I hope everyone enjoys their Holidays! Congrats to the winner in advance! Good luck all! <3
Dirkie wrote:Gotta be a SILK HAT pet, Magic of course.
  • Dance: Dance around avoiding next two attacks. Chills all opponent for three rounds.
  • Thump: Rushes at the target with his sleigh, opponents struck take double damage, continues for three rounds
  • Melt: Does x damage to the target and y damage to themselves
  • Stop: Does x damage and interrupts the opponents round if he goes first.
  • Batter: Smacks the enemy 1-2 times, dealing x damage per smack with his broomstick. Hits an additional time if the user is faster than the enemy.
  • Wave: Wave goodbye to the target and avoid one attack.
Moppet wrote:Last-year's Fruit Cake! (Undead? lol)
A ghostly festive fruit cake, with googly eyes, everything needs googly eyes :p
Abilities:
  • Upset Stomach: Uh oh! Seems like this fruit cake has gone rotten. Reduces enemy team hit chance by 50% for 4 turns.
  • Pound (cake): Slams enemy pet for X damage.
  • Marzipan!: Coats the battlefield with a thick layer of frosting, preventing enemy pet from swapping out.
Icedsugar wrote:My pet will be called "Last-minute Shopping" and all it's abilities are based on real life experiences.
It will just be a crinkly, noisy plastic shopping bag with a "recycled" logo printed on it.
It's 3 abilities are:
  • Soap-on-a-rope: Your opponent is so bummed-out about this lame gift that they sulk for 1 round, thereby dealing no damage
  • Re-gifting: There is no time to get a cool ability of your own, just re-use your opponents last ability against them
  • Christmas music: This ability causes your opponent to lose the will to live, thereby taking 50% increased damage for the next 2 rounds
Murph3tte wrote:Yule Kobold Candle *magic*
It would be a typical WoW style candle that floats.
Abilities
  • "You no take candle!" - candle is blown out for one round, creating a smoke screen which will give the candle immunity for the next attack which would hit.
  • "wax off" candle throws wax at opponent slowing attack speed
  • "Advent call!" Calls 3 more candles to it's side. They all stand beside the other, bend over forwards and throw flames!
Hantan wrote:Jingle-horse
Blizzards first ever horse pet, a showy Clydesdale complete with harness bells and a wreath around his neck.
  • Giddy-up: increases the speed of all pets by 25% for 9 rounds
  • Frost-rimmed kick: lashes out with both hind feet to deliver a frost-rimmed blow dealing X elemental damage. This ability interrupts if it goes first.
  • Jinglebell rock: Jingle-horse prances wildly, flinging bells dealing X beast damage. Opponents struck by the bells take double damage for 2 rounds. Continues for 3 rounds.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » December 17th, 2013, 8:16 pm

These are pretty funny! I hope Blizz checks them out! Also wish I was eligible! :lol:
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Ammeg
Top Rater
Pet Score:6011
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Ammeg » December 18th, 2013, 9:42 am

Oooh! May have to attempt to enter this one :D Some brilliant ones in there from what I have seen above.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 18th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Some of these are awesome! Last minute shopping was very clever and I would LOVE a Bah-Humbug! I didn't want to read them before I entered so as to not influence my entry, but now I wish I'd been more clever with my idea.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » December 19th, 2013, 2:58 pm

I think they're all very clever. :D It would be hard to choose just a couple.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » December 19th, 2013, 3:35 pm

The thread for the pet is my favorite thread. Jeez talk about some creative people. Keep it up all and good luck to the winner.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 19th, 2013, 6:39 pm

I'm loving the entries and I'm really glad the winners will be chosen by random drawing instead of pet merit because they are all amazing! The thread will be locked at the end of the contest and set as a sticky for the rest of eternity as a reminder of how creative our members are!

If anyone remembers our contest back in 2009, a lot of those pets ended up in-game thanks to pet battles. It'd be nice to think WoW devs read through the submissions and picked some because of the entries.

Refresher on our favorites: http://www.warcraftpets.com/contests/suggest-a-pet/favorites/
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 19th, 2013, 7:33 pm

I just did my entry Clarence Odbody AS2 page 22 lol !!! Its my first time doing one of these and I have been laughing myself silly and some are just a scream if not totally grand. I want to shout out to all who have put in an entry because I have greatly loved reading all of these I hope blizzard reviews the entries if not only for the pure enjoyment of it, but they just might learn a thing or two along the way as well. GREAT JOB FOLKS KEEP IT UP !!!

Nyxie
Pet Score:3665
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Nyxie » December 21st, 2013, 1:33 pm

There are some very fun entries there. Unfortunately there are also the same ideas recurring time after time. I only read about three pages and saw half a dozen crop up several times. Worst still is when the recurring one is something that's already available in game. :roll:

I was tempted to do a Time lord entry, but I'm guessing that the Doctor Who xmas special isn't quite such a big deal outside the UK.

Oh. I just thought of another one. Which also no one outside the UK will get, but I might submit it anyway.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » December 23rd, 2013, 12:27 am

Nyxie wrote:There are some very fun entries there. Unfortunately there are also the same ideas recurring time after time. I only read about three pages and saw half a dozen crop up several times. Worst still is when the recurring one is something that's already available in game. :roll:

I was tempted to do a Time lord entry, but I'm guessing that the Doctor Who xmas special isn't quite such a big deal outside the UK.

Oh. I just thought of another one. Which also no one outside the UK will get, but I might submit it anyway.
Submit it! We all know Christmas is outside of NA continent as well!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » December 23rd, 2013, 7:29 am

I've decided to submit as well... Now all that can be done is /fingers crossed...

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Drrum » December 26th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Just wanted to take a minute to thank Doobjanka for holding this contest. It was so much fun to follow and participate. Reading all the posts was so entertaining and really put me in a holiday mood. Best of luck to everyone and thanks again to Doob for hosting such a successful event!

Goldenarms
Pet Score:3251
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Goldenarms » December 26th, 2013, 10:34 pm

Yes thank you for running the contest, even though I didnt win, I had fun.