Done with the CT?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us
Done with the CT?

Post by Astraldr0p » December 17th, 2013, 3:25 am

So, after you get all your pets, are you still doing the tournament?

I took a break but I'm thinking of going back to get either the stones or the pet food.

If youre still doing them, which rewards are you getting?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Done with the CT?

Post by Luciandk » December 17th, 2013, 5:09 am

Been keeping it doing the CT and the weekly pvp quest, as I want to have a stack of 50% treats for WoD. Up to 15 now.

Hermy
Top Rater
Pet Score:10379
BattleTag®:Hermy#1783
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Hermy » December 17th, 2013, 5:14 am

I'm getting my last coin for my last pet today, but I'm still planning on doing the CT each week. I've got solid teams for all of the trainers, so it's just a bit of time out of my week - think I'll collect stones after this!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » December 17th, 2013, 7:08 am

I personally have been continuing doing it.
I have been keeping my coins I have gotten though.
With new pet breeding coming and with possibility of one pet being lost in the process might use one of the celestial as the one consumed in the breeding process.
Since we can't have more than one of each at a time saving coins to get new ones if they are used up in the breeding process.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 17th, 2013, 8:44 am

Digem wrote:I personally have been continuing doing it.
With new pet breeding coming and with possibility of one pet being lost in the process might use one of the celestial as the one consumed in the breeding process.
Since we can't have more than one of each at a time saving coins to get new ones if they are used up in the breeding process.
As the blues have said, we will always know what pet we will be keeping in the breeding process. So just never use rare or nearly irereplaceable pets as the source. As I understood you will just need a pet of same family with the desired traits you wish to use as the 'fuel'

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » December 17th, 2013, 9:36 am

I did it once for the achievement, haven't been back. The pets aren't that great and I'd rather just do a heroic scenario if I need extra valor for the week.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 17th, 2013, 10:38 am

I've continued doing it as it is pretty easy at this point IMO and it is decent Valor and the stones or food is handy.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » December 17th, 2013, 11:14 am

Luciandk wrote:
Digem wrote:I personally have been continuing doing it.
As the blues have said, we will always know what pet we will be keeping in the breeding process. So just never use rare or nearly irereplaceable pets as the source. As I understood you will just need a pet of same family with the desired traits you wish to use as the 'fuel'

Yes true but if I want to pass on the stats of celestial or if it is found out using one up has a better shot at a purple/elite pet I will use one up.
And with coin can quickly get one back and leveling one pet easy.
Also I have all 550 plus pets I have leveled already so pet treat useless to me.
The blues also say a lot and go back on their word so I will wait to expansion out to truly know how this breeding thing will work.
Expansion not even at beta stage yet and they have always made a lot of changes from beta to release in past.
I will always choose to cover my butt because come expansion don't want to have to go back to this with all to do in expansion, and might let use have multiples of them come expansion you never know .

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » December 17th, 2013, 11:49 am

Maleric wrote:I did it once for the achievement, haven't been back. The pets aren't that great and I'd rather just do a heroic scenario if I need extra valor for the week.
Really? I think they're all very cute. That's enough reason to get them!

On topic, I haven't been back since I got my last pet. I don't need stones, bandages, or faster pet leveling. :lol:

Zythehealer
Pet Score:2908
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Zythehealer » December 17th, 2013, 12:09 pm

I've kept doing it because it only takes 20 minutes, it's pretty fun for me and personally I can't have to many Flawless Stones. If I don't use them on my pets I use them to stone pets to sell and make a bit of gold.

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » December 17th, 2013, 7:05 pm

Tiggindy wrote:
Maleric wrote:I did it once for the achievement, haven't been back. The pets aren't that great and I'd rather just do a heroic scenario if I need extra valor for the week.
Really? I think they're all very cute. That's enough reason to get them!
As you can tell, I'm an avid collector ;)

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Asphodael » December 18th, 2013, 4:21 pm

It only takes about 10-15 minutes and I'll get some use out of the coins so I'll probably keep doing it.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 19th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Astraldr0p wrote:If youre still doing them, which rewards are you getting?
I'm still doing them. I didn't honestly believe the pet treat would be worth the effort but I'm glad I listened to some of the folks here and tried it! Wow! It takes three battles to get a pet from 1 to 24 via the trainers with the lesser and greater treats. I'm hooked. :lol: I don't think I would've done it if there were just those stones (and three weeks for one stone? Pft!) but the treats are worth it to me for the time being.
XD! Heathen! jkjk

Post by Guest » December 20th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Kendrah wrote:
Astraldr0p wrote:If youre still doing them, which rewards are you getting?
I'm still doing them. I didn't honestly believe the pet treat would be worth the effort but I'm glad I listened to some of the folks here and tried it! Wow! It takes three battles to get a pet from 1 to 24 via the trainers with the lesser and greater treats. I'm hooked. :lol: I don't think I would've done it if there were just those stones (and three weeks for one stone? Pft!) but the treats are worth it to me for the time being.
XD! Heathen! jkjk
There's a youtube video of doing 1-25 in 4 fights. Without the 50% food buff.

I'd rather spend the 25 mins it takes to do the celestial tournament, to just do pet battles with regular 25% pet treats.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 23rd, 2013, 1:17 am

Haevlyn wrote:There's a youtube video of doing 1-25 in 4 fights. Without the 50% food buff.
Er, yeah. I know. It's still faster with the 3 fights. I level my pets via the trainers so to each there own. /shrug

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » December 25th, 2013, 8:45 am

At 19 big pet treats today after doing both weeklies. So next week I just need 1 more and I wont bother with either daily more, once having my goal of a full stack of them for WoD.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 25th, 2013, 10:51 am

Might going abit offtopic but ye I just looked up that 1-25 powerlvling utube clip. Its with 50%+25% and its terrible. Just even his strategy against Aki is bbad :roll:

I just beat CT first time yday dunno why I have delayed it, but theres some weird strategies out there, had to level a few pets to get the rest of arsenal required up to 25 and even then 1 tactic at Chi-Chi failed and 2-3 at Xu-Fu failed. Cba to start over to heal up so scraped smt together that worked and got my first pet.

Continue to do CT when done? I guess it depends on how many stones people have in their bank, in theory on average you gain 3 random stones from satchel dailies each day 1½ hour thus can be translated into 1 marked stone with the trading vendor (or keep individual stones for triple benefit). This is however per DAY whereas the CT gives you 1 marked stone for 20min work per WEEK. I wouldnt say its a bad trade for the time spent, but do you need it? A fresh petcollector thats into breeds might need every goddamn stone he can find because hunting for right breed+rare in wilderness can take hours.

I would probably continue till all my pets are rare.