Needed Opinion

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us
Needed Opinion

Post by Bistromath » November 10th, 2012, 5:26 pm

This is a hypothetical situation, but i'd like an honest answer.

What Pet or Pets would yall want in trade for a Darkmoon Rabbit, take into concideration with the pets being traded as follows.

Darkmoon Rabbit lvl 1

Trade pets lvl 25

The reason i brought this up is someone was wanting to trade a Darkmoon Rabbit on my server and wanted the following pets for it, and the pets had to all be lvl 25.

Landro's Lil XT
Spectral Kitten
Soul-Trader

Iam looking for a Darkmoon Rabbit so any help in the area i would be very greatful.

Not looking for prices just wanted to know what would be good trades for a lvl 1 Darkmoon Rabbit.

Sorry for the mis-communtication.

V/R
Edema
Last edited by Guest on November 10th, 2012, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maliander
Pet Score:3413
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Re: Needed Opinion

Post by Maliander » November 10th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Rough prize estimate on my realm would be, for level 1 pets:

Darkmoon rabbit: 65k
Landro's Lil XT: 45k
Spectral Kitten: haven't seen one yet
Soul trader: 90k

Of course AH prices for pets are pretty oddball, but I'd say that's a seriously lousy deal.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 10th, 2012, 5:47 pm

I always check out this website when I wonder how things should be priced. Here's a link to Darkmoon Rabbit: https://eu.theunderminejournal.com/item.php?item=80008

Some realms price it at 200k or 75k, but a price more often seen is 100k. On my realm it sits without selling @ ah for 48k gold. It's very server dependant.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » November 10th, 2012, 10:13 pm

I don't think the Darkmoon rabbit will be as crazy hard to get as we were afraid it would be. I've seen at least one for sale on all my servers, some for better prices than others, of course. I managed to get one for 35k, not typical, but it happened. I'd say just hang on until they are more common, don't break the bank.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » November 11th, 2012, 10:39 am

I saw one on trade on my server this morning for 35k also, to be honest, I would value the soul trader and spectral kitten individually twice as much at least as the rabbit. I have never seen them for under 200k on my server expect when I was lucky enough to buy my soul trader (40k bargain)

As mentioned, I would hold out for the rabbit until people are fighting each other to sell them, there are very few big pet collectors per server, and we only need 1 for our whole battlenet now, so it shouldnt take long for prices to settle

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 12th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Totally agree, Darkmoon Rabbit is hot right now because it hasn't been out long and is purple colored. There will be a steady supply of these as Darkmoon Faire continues to happen every month, and demand will saturate very quickly at the 100k+ price point.

Soul Trader (and all of the rare* TCG pets) have an actual real-world price, set mostly by eBay commerce. For Soul Trader, it's difficult to find under $100. Spectral Kitten is in that ballpark as well. This translates to sell prices of 100-300k gold, depending on server.

When MoP launched and pets suddenly all became BoE, there was a relative glut of TCG pets, at least on my server. I suspect that a lot of people had gotten these pets either randomly in packs or for cheap, or maybe they had simply stopped caring about pets and decided to cash in. In any case, it was a good environment for picking up TCG pets for gold, but those days are already gone, and they gave a false impression of the actual scarcity of the TCG pets. The supply of TCG pets is legitimately limited by the print run of the loot cards (as opposed to Darkmoon Rabbits, which are spontaneously generated on every server multiple times during DMF). Thus you can expect the TCG pet supply to never be as strong as it is now*, whereas Darkmoon Rabbit and any ingame generated pet will simply continue to increase in supply.

* just to be really clear, there are TCG pets that are not at all rare, such as Eye of the Legion, the Scarab, Landro's Lil XT and KT, Grell, Nightsaber Cub, etc. They sell for $5 on eBay routinely. The rare pets are e.g. Soul Trader, Spectral Kitten, Bananas (duplicated functionally by Baby Ape), Rocket Chicken, Hippogryph Hatchling, Dragon Kite.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » November 12th, 2012, 6:42 pm

I think the TCG pets that are available in game now from the Black Market, are actually affecting $ prices on those pets irl, bringing down their value. I haven't really seen a list of exactly what's available on BMAH. I wonder if there are things that just show up extremely rarely, maybe people haven't even realize it yet.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » November 13th, 2012, 2:57 pm

I'm wondering if prices of these pets will even out across servers as you can learn it on one toon and make a bank alt on any server and cage and sell it there.
I am on a low pop server and there are only a few pets up at a time, but on my old medium pop server there are hundreds of pets on the AH and many more rare mounts that I never see on my server.
We should have a trading server to all meet up and do our trades. Won't work for gold but you could trade pets from any server.

Lysi
MVP

Post by Lysi » November 13th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Mastr wrote:We should have a trading server to all meet up and do our trades. Won't work for gold but you could trade pets from any server.
Well, we already do on US servers, just make an alt in the pet guild on Madoran. I've traded there, although I've also made a quick alt on people's home servers for some trades. Come to think of it, I should link my Madoran character to my profile on the website here, make it simple, since it doesn't matter who your pet collector is anymore.. Done!