Cheater in pet battles?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us
Re: Cheater in pet battles?

Post by Jabart » December 13th, 2013, 11:07 pm

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure how three dodge pets can effectively stall infinitely; regardless of how fast they are, they'll still get hit at least once when they get swapped in. Is there something I'm missing here?

edit: Hmm, let's see. Shieldstorm has an eight round cooldown. I suppose If you used two dodge pets in-between to stall, it could work against some teams, although there's still many ways to break the lock.
Last edited by Jabart on December 13th, 2013, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Hypah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2214
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Hypah » December 13th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Jabart wrote:Sorry, but I'm not quite sure how three dodge pets can effectively stall infinitely; regardless of how fast they are, they'll still get hit at least once when they get swapped in. Is there something I'm missing here?
This. How exactly does their team work?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 14th, 2013, 2:39 am

OP, I think you are confused about terms. Creating lenghty stalling teams is simply trying to troll the opponents into giving up. Its not exactly cheating.

Cheating is exploiting bugs or unintended mechanics, such the jadefire spirit for a while having a permanent feign death.

But I agree that pet battles seriously needs a sudden death mechanic to discourage such teams with no offense at all. Healing or evasion.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » December 14th, 2013, 10:27 am

If I were you, I'd start using a Blighthawk (Claw/Bite/Cyclone)...and better yet, combo him with a Jademist Dancer (Vent/Dance/Rain). Follow those two with a Death Adder Hatchling (Poison/Puncture/Blinding) and/or P/S Moth (Alpha/Coccoon/Dust) of some kind and I guarantee you that you'll run that troll out of town on a rail.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » December 14th, 2013, 9:54 pm

I'm not sure how you interpreted what Blizzard said, but they never assure anyone that they will do anything about anything.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 15th, 2013, 4:09 pm

Luciandk wrote:Cheating is exploiting bugs or unintended mechanics, such the jadefire spirit for a while having a permanent feign death.
I disagree. How is putting a team together then getting into a battle for the express purpose of not battling not a use of unintended mechanics? Plus it's probably a bot. No sane person would do that for twenty minutes just to get the win like that.

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Asphodael » December 15th, 2013, 4:36 pm

The only thing you can do against a team like that is forfeit, and if you keep getting them, just put together a team that counters them to ruin their day.

An AoE Cyclone + Call Lightning + Jademist Dancer Rain Dance team would demolish that one, for instance.