Probably a really stupid stone related question.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Bludchylde
Pet Score:6318
Realm:Misha-us
Probably a really stupid stone related question.

Post by Bludchylde » December 14th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Please bear with me and I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I just got a flawless beast battle stone and my wife severely wants to upgrade her Arctic Fox Kit. I assumed because you see people offering to buy the use of other people's battle stones on trade that I could upgrade her Fox if she had it out. Everytime I try I get "You do not have a pet". Does she need to farm her own Beast stone or is there something I am not doing right here?

Eekmeister
Pet Score:2873
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Re: Probably a really stupid stone related question.

Post by Eekmeister » December 14th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Since family pet battle stones are account bound, you can only use the stone on a pet that is in your possession. If it was cageable, she would trade it to you and you would stone it and trade it back to her, but since that's a wild pet, she'll either have to farm for a rare or a stone.

Icedsugar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3881
BattleTag®:Icedsugar#6634
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Icedsugar » December 14th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Yep, that is exactly right - the only way ppl have been stoning other ppl's pets with family stones has been for them to trade the pets back and forth and not the stones.

Roisen
Top Rater
Pet Score:8772
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Roisen » December 14th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Or you could purchase a Flawless Battle Stone and give it to her (since those ones are boe and non pet family specific)

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » December 15th, 2013, 1:02 am

artic foxes are wild caught pets, which means she can´t even cage it and trade it to you to use the stone on. Her only option to get a rare of that pet is to catch it in the wild herself, or use her own stone.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 15th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Bludchylde wrote:Everytime I try I get "You do not have a pet". Does she need to farm her own Beast stone or is there something I am not doing right here?
You can't upgrade other peoples pets unless you 'learn' them. When you see people in trade shouting to sell any of the named stones, that's really only for the pets that can be traded. I've heard (a pun ;)) there's an ubber rare unmarked stone that isn't bound to your account but those are expensive. I wouldn't buy one.

Is she doing the dailies? You get a whole lot of stones in those bags and you can trade in 3 of the same kind of stone for an unmarked (though still soulbound) stone. Or she could try to farm the rare. The addon cancelpetfight is really good when you want to hunt blues but are lazy (like me.) It'll grey out the screen and says 'left click if you want to fight and any other key/click if you don't' when there's no rare in the wild party. It also puts an orange marker on the mobs you've escaped from so you know which you've tried. If there's a blue, it'll come up like a normal fight.