Share pet collecting news and advice.
Huntingforfun
Top Rater
Pet Score:3126
BattleTag®:DrApocalypse#1132
Realm:Hyjal-us
Anodized Robo Cub Alludes Me Still

Post by Huntingforfun » December 14th, 2013, 1:22 am

This pet and Unborn Valk are my White Whales. I hear tales of their sightings but alas never been lucky to find one myself. I camp and farm them daily but I can only sit till for so long til I loose my mind.Anyone on a low pop server or can fly by everlook real quick to see if Robo Cub around. Will tip for help.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Re: Anodized Robo Cub Alludes Me Still

Post by JEC » December 14th, 2013, 11:31 am

On Arthas, there are almost always Robo Cubs hanging around Everlook. I was surprised to read that they were eluding you.

The best way to get the Valkyr is to use TomTom and set the waypoints for their spawns. After a lot of flailing around, I did that and got two within an hour of flying around the waypoints.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » December 14th, 2013, 12:26 pm

If you need an invite I can invite you to Steamwheedle Cartel they are almost always those and the Robo-chick. Just add me to btag and I'll help you with that one. Same for Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling.

Memnochlv
Pet Score:3533
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Memnochlv » December 22nd, 2013, 6:42 am

If you're still looking for an Anodized Robo Cub, check like... any other server, I still need one breed in blue and am stubborn, so I check somewhat regularly... I usually see 10-20ish around Everlook at any given point in the day, unless someone else is farming them. It must just be bad luck on your server =/

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 22nd, 2013, 7:01 am

Not to steal the thread total away but the best breed for this little cutie? Im leaning towards HP just for the 29 more attack at the cost of little less health (still high healthpool), attack also scales up the healing abilities. Thoughts?

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Ruststorm » December 22nd, 2013, 7:22 am

Huntingforfun wrote:This pet and Unborn Valk are my White Whales. I hear tales of their sightings but alas never been lucky to find one myself. I camp and farm them daily but I can only sit till for so long til I loose my mind.Anyone on a low pop server or can fly by everlook real quick to see if Robo Cub around. Will tip for help.
Keep on with your quest to obtain those hard to catch pets! Persistance will pay off in the end! :)

Abashera
Pet Score:3114

Post by Abashera » December 22nd, 2013, 12:15 pm

I know it's been said here many times before...

Make a DK on a "mostly dead" server.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tAKLTktY0

I have two DKs on mostly dead servers, that I made just to get hard to get pets. I was on both servers last night looking for the Snowy Owl (of which I saw several), and every time I went through Everlook...

Well you know how when you're on the flight path you see all those paws on your mini-map that disappear when you land? Well on those servers that's how the mini-map looks when you're on the ground.

One day I logged on one of the mostly dead servers and there were THREE rare H/P breed Robo Cubs.

It only takes about three hours to level your DK out of the starter zone. ;^)

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » December 22nd, 2013, 12:40 pm

JEC wrote:On Arthas, there are almost always Robo Cubs hanging around Everlook. I was surprised to read that they were eluding you.

The best way to get the Valkyr is to use TomTom and set the waypoints for their spawns. After a lot of flailing around, I did that and got two within an hour of flying around the waypoints.
You can also use PetTracker. No entering coordinates. Just type in Unborn in the search box on your map and it marks all the spots on any zone map you open. Its a must have for chasing down wild pets.

Abizzmyl
Pet Score:9730
BattleTag®:Rellish#1195

Post by Abizzmyl » December 22nd, 2013, 5:29 pm

If you're still having trouble with rare wild pet hunting I am happy to invite you to a crz free realm (either faction). I did this a while back to help out ppl looking for the unborn val'kyr and the offer still stands. My battletag is Rellish#1195.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » December 23rd, 2013, 12:50 am

I got my first one outside the gates of everlook. I wanted a rare so I went back the next day and simply killed every critter in and around the encampment and then another spawned. Got breed I wanted, then I simply stoned it and moved on. :D
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » December 23rd, 2013, 8:33 am

Update us on your progress finding a cub when you get a chance - you've gotten a lot of offers of help here, and it'd be great to hear that you finally succeeded!

The cub, in my experience, was nothing like the challenge of getting the Unborn Valk. So it does make me wonder if you're looking in the right spots and/or if you would have more success on a different server. They are always around Everlook -- I have gone up there several times this week while doing trainer runs for upgrade stones and each time there have been multiple cubs near the Everlook entrances. So be sure to check there and/or take folks up on their offer to invite you to their server, and you should have your cub in no time.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 23rd, 2013, 12:20 pm

When I was hunting for my rare robo cub I found that my home server seemed to never have cubs up. I'm not sure if it was bad luck or someone else going through and just killing the cubs and leaving everything else up until there were none spawned but it was bad. No matter when I checked there were maybe 1 or 2 cubs at best. If you are hunting it I second the idea of killing every critt/battle pet in the area. You don't even need to fight the battle pet just kill it with a quick hit.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » December 25th, 2013, 7:26 am

I have found it bordering on impossible to get a rare Robo Cub. I settled for an Uncommon in the breed that I was after and accepted that, unless something miraculously changes, I'll need to stone him to get him to Rare.

Sometimes I think you have to make a choice between the time you spend chasing one rare versus the time you could be spending doing other things which could get you a stone anyway.