Pet Gender - In game determination

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Berenzen
Pet Score:9312
Realm:Kul Tiras-us
Pet Gender - In game determination

Post by Berenzen » December 9th, 2013, 1:13 am

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I am looking for a way to determine, in game, the gender of my battle pets. Many addons give breed, but not gender. Other than logging onto this website and looking at your own collection, is there a way, now, to see the GENDER ingame? Any info helpful. Thanks.

Pyy
Top Rater
Pet Score:11087
Realm:Barthilas-us

Re: Pet Gender - In game determination

Post by Pyy » December 9th, 2013, 1:35 am

With the current system, not really. http://petsear.ch/Breeds has quite a few pets listed that they've determined to be either Male of Female exclusively - don't ask me how, I genuinely don't know how it's determined.

Berenzen
Pet Score:9312
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Berenzen » December 9th, 2013, 1:55 am

I have resourced that site many times and it is very useful. And thank you. But what I really want is to, on the cuff, look at any of one of my own pets in particular and see its gender. This is proving to be difficult under the current 5.4.1 build.

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11204
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » December 9th, 2013, 9:41 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I must be missing something as I could only tell coming here and checking.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 9th, 2013, 2:15 pm

I'm not sure if one exists but if there is an addon that shows the breed number instead of letters you could tell with that. Personally I find the letters easier and the sex isn't yet relevant so I haven't looked.

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » December 11th, 2013, 8:07 am

Hah. I came here looking for this same thing.

Unfortunately, at the moment, AddOns *do* show the numbers... but they show them as pairs (3/13) rather than specifics (3 *or* 13). The only place I've been able to find the gender is right here on Warcraftpets. Annoying, considering I've been little by little trying to gather 'extra pets' *just in case*.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13311
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » December 11th, 2013, 8:43 pm

I'm seriously going by just this site for gender and hoping it'll prove out later in wow....because my pets will need seriously renaming if this site is wrong.