Share pet collecting news and advice.
Huntingforfun
Top Rater
Pet Score:3126
BattleTag®:DrApocalypse#1132
Realm:Hyjal-us
LF Unborn Valkyr Help

Post by Huntingforfun » December 4th, 2013, 8:56 pm

This pet has eluded me for months now and am losing my mind. I know their are tricks and what not to get em so can someone help me out?

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Re: LF Unborn Valkyr Help

Post by Maizing » December 4th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Do you have the add on called TomTom? I got my [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet]s by using TomTom and making macros to set waypoints to each place where it can spawn and then just making the rounds of each spot. You can get TomTom from the Curse web site and there is a post in the comments section for the pet on Wowhead that lists the different spawn spots in sets to make macros. I know that there is also a post here somewhere that does that too, but am not sure where to find it.

FYI: if you engage her, and she has [ability]Unholy Ascension[/ability] in the 3rd slot, you can forfeit and she will respawn. Heal your team and reengage. Each time you do this, her abilities will be randomly chosen. You want to fight her when she has [ability]Haunt[/ability] instead. It is a royal pain to finally find one of these only to have it use [ability]Unholy Ascension[/ability] and just die!

Jrallen01
Pet Score:7930
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Jrallen01 » December 4th, 2013, 10:22 pm

It's a matter of just doing the route especially during low pop times. If you have a miner or herb use that toon and make money while you are looking. Also, pass over locations for the rare spawns and pick up some loot while flying around.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » December 5th, 2013, 6:50 am

Huntingforfun wrote:This pet has eluded me for months now and am losing my mind. I know their are tricks and what not to get em so can someone help me out?
I don't really think there are any tricks to the Unborn pet. They spawn at three different points in each area (and they don't move around.) They just sit there, floating about the ground. I know some addons have map marks to tell with pets are where. That's about the best you can do. =X

Gruumsh
Pet Score:2710
BattleTag®:Gruumsh#1655
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Gruumsh » December 5th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Just my 2 cents,

I transfered a toon over a RP-PVP server, which at that time has no cross realm zone unless invited by a player from the realm, and I am not sure if this realm has been added to the new shared realm nonsense (this is before blizzard's shared realm patch and after the cross realm zones patch),to camp time lost proto drake. I used this toon to track down unborn valkyr, killed several to get 3 H/H version of it, got them to prepare for celestial tournament .

By my experience, killing off an existing unborn valkyr does help to respawn it. I killed and found another in a matter of minutes as I as flying to the next spot.(I am not bragging, but I am just proving the fact that it does help to spawn the next one as I have seen many trolls on other forums saying it does not respawn after killing an existing or it takes very long to respawn, but it is probably all RNG)

I have used tom tom addon and marked all the possible spawn location, flying from one location to the other in a clockwise manner and I advise that you do the same to avoid missing out on a possible spawn location, I have seen it spawn exactly on the spot marked. You can visit wowhead and search for unborn valkyr, there are several high rated post which provide you the location.

Droodics
Top Rater
Pet Score:3692
BattleTag®:Frozenlore#2917
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Droodics » December 6th, 2013, 9:54 am

If you guys are on EU, i can hook you up with an invite to Venture CO i belive, low pop realm, so low that I allmost got my 12 trinkets from darkmoon arena.
You can go ahead and while in group get all pets you want, I got my Minfernal in the 2nd day I was on that server, the rest of Minfernals were up for 1 day until someone eventualy come and got them.
Just add my battle tag and i'll invite you.

Nicholi
Top Rater
Pet Score:4951
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Nicholi » December 6th, 2013, 11:33 am

I think this is a pure "luck" find. I was looking for over a week, then while doing the dailys to level more pets, I was about to hit Jacob under Dalaran and figured ah wth I'll check the 3 spots in Crystalsong and there she was just W of the Forlorn Woods ruins. It was a common but I'll take it! Got her to 25 now just waiting on a flawless undead stone ;). Also I was camping the Court of Bones quite a bit and in over a week I never saw her.

Askania
Pet Score:10104
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Askania » December 7th, 2013, 11:35 pm

I found mine just across from the alliance landing point at the top of grizzly hills in amongst the purple flowers after flying to all other spawn areas, and I think I remember reading somewhere on wow head that this was the area that spawned her the most? I was lucky enough to get an Uncommon and then I stoned her.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » December 8th, 2013, 10:54 am

I second the suggest to get TomTom. I flew around the Valkyr way points doing random pat battles and got two in less than an hour on a fairly high population realm.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 11th, 2013, 7:45 am

I have one of these pets, but have yet to be able to get another in months so gonna spend Friday trying to get this baby. :twisted: I'm on us server ( PVP ) bonchewer any recommendations of cross realm for farming some of the hard to get pets ?

Telsek
MVP
Pet Score:10560
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Telsek » December 12th, 2013, 5:19 pm

I started running the route posted on a map in wowhead and had two within three days. The first after two days and the second the next. My first was a rare B/B, the 2nd is poor but H/H. I will stone the second, in all likelihood.