TCG PETS

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
TCG PETS

Post by Shikon01 » December 3rd, 2013, 10:21 am

Got a dumb question about TCG pets...just purchase some and noticed some have ally marked on card so here it is, I'm a hardcore horde ( no offense alliance ) do I have to have an alliance toon to redeem those and if so where do I go on ally side and how do I get pets to my horde toon ? I haven't gotten any TCG cards before like this before, but wanted to add to my collection. I have a couple of ally toons, but it just aint me if you know what I mean :)) Gonna be adding eye of legion, vicous grell, flaoting spellbook, banana charm, sand scrab, nightsaber cub and landro's liching in case that info makes a difference :)) :lol:

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Re: TCG PETS

Post by Yazhi » December 3rd, 2013, 10:27 am

Hey there, I have never heard of faction specific loot codes (unless it's something new from a certain event?) I highly doubt this will be the case, just drop by to STV and give it a go redeeming them, best case scenario it works, worst case you /camp /reroll gnome deathknight (yes, if you are going to go alliance you may as well play both things we horde tend to hate. I'm partial to a female dwarf myself..) you can get summoned out of the zone/do a few quest and you got it ^^

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 3rd, 2013, 10:29 am

Any character can redeem TCG codes from Landro in Booty Bay, hence a neutral town has been chosen aswell for the location of Landro ;)

All pets are accountbound, so both your alliance+horde toons can view/summon/cage your pets from the journal.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 3rd, 2013, 10:30 am

I believe I have all of those TCG pets and I redeemed them all in Booty Bay with my horde main. I've never tried to redeem them elsewhere (I've fortunately been done with the Insane grind long ago) but I don't believe you'll have any issues based on my own experience. Check my armory for all of the pets if you want to be sure, though.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » December 3rd, 2013, 10:43 am

Thanks for quick response and all the love...wish I could afford all the pets and mounts eventually I will get there just takes patience and cash ROF !!

Xandr
Pet Score:5358
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Xandr » December 5th, 2013, 8:36 am

The "Ally" on the card refers to its actual function in the TCG - you know, some people actually use those cards to play the card game :)

Think of it like a minion in Hearthstone. That's what the "Ally" on the card says. It's got nothing to do with the WoW in-game factions.

Post by Guest » December 6th, 2013, 6:12 am

The only faction specific pet I know of is the Pet Store [pet]Moonkin Hatchling[/pet] which comes in two versions: An Alliance version and a Horde version.
When you buy the pet, you get both versions, but a horde character can only summon the horde version.

As for TCG - I have most of them and none of them are faction specific.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 10th, 2013, 11:33 am

Haevlyn wrote:The only faction specific pet I know of is the Pet Store [pet]Moonkin Hatchling[/pet] which comes in two versions: An Alliance version and a Horde version.
When you buy the pet, you get both versions, but a horde character can only summon the horde version.

As for TCG - I have most of them and none of them are faction specific.
There is one other faction specific pet- the Alliance and Horde Balloons. But I'm fairly sure none of the TCG pets are faction specific, or atleast I've never heard of them being as such (I've been pet collecting since Wrath)

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » December 11th, 2013, 7:33 am

I had one issue redeeming a card all from same seller..he's honest think I had a glitch so will address again when I'm off this weekend...hate these long 12-14 hour days at work, but gotta pay for my toys :)) Right now just purchasing some of the cheaper TCG pets to add to collection, but come income tax time will treat myself to a more expensive pet.