I play my server's Santa.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sabriela
Pet Score:875
Realm:Aggramar-us
I play my server's Santa.

Post by Sabriela » December 1st, 2013, 3:52 pm

Hi everyone!

Each year, around Christmas time, I play the role of sever (Aggramar and now, Fizzcrank) Santa.

What I mean by this is, I dress up in a Santa outfit and pass out gifts all day on Christmas Eve and Christmas, since I don't really have people to spend Christmas with, so it's my way of celebrating the holiday. With the help of some awesome people on my server, I ended up giving out over 1500 pets (mostly kites) to people in Stormwind.

I really don't want to do kites again this year, so I was wondering if anyone had any hints on easy to farm pets. I'd prefer not to do raid pets, as running an entire raid on my warlock generally takes a bit of time. And I certainly need a massive amount of pets, now that my server is a merged one.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

(And if anyone has any ideas on what to do for my guildies this year, I'll take them. Last year it was the offhand that turns you into a wolf, year before that it was pets. I'm at a loss for what to do for a guild that provides all consumables/gems/enchants for their raiders!)

Thank you!

-Sabriela

Mizix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7887
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: I play my server's Santa.

Post by Mizix » December 1st, 2013, 5:06 pm

Wow, that's really nice from you! Respect =)

As for what you could give away, sticking to profession-crafted pets, Mechanical Squirrel seems a good choice to me. It requires copper bars and malachite, which are both pretty easy to find, although crafting hundreds of it is going to be a lot of work. Perhaps, it can be a good idea for your guildmates?

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Amargodreams » December 1st, 2013, 5:42 pm

Do you only give pets? If not, farm up some runecloth/wool/silk and get a tailor to make the holiday outfits and shirts.
For pets, if your playing alliance why not make a horde toon or two and get some gold through quests and buy some of the vendor pets :) then cage them alliance side for part of the gift stock.
You could also try fishing up some sea ponys during the darkmoon faire this week, but that prolly wont be easy.
Park toons where the raptors nests are and check them periodically+.

Wixey
Top Rater
Pet Score:3266
BattleTag®:Wim#2835
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Wixey » December 1st, 2013, 5:57 pm

Pengu vendor pet seems nice for christmas, and requiring kalu'ak exalted many people won't have it yet I hope. Though it costs 12g per 1 (on wowhead, probably less at exalted).

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 1st, 2013, 7:54 pm

If you have enough Emperor Shahao rep you can get quite a number of Harmonious Porcupettes easily. Or maybe you could consider handing out bags, especially to lower level toons? It's not nearly as fun but pretty practical especially if you find some people who are newer to the game.

Not sure what I'd suggest for guild members, hmm... That's a lot tougher IMO.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » December 1st, 2013, 10:00 pm

I'd vote for the harmonious porcupette myself. I'm still at over 100k coins despite getting the mount already.

Bags are just as good too and the mats arent too bad to farm out

As for the guildies, we usually have a tournament and the winner gets a crafted mount. We don't do that often - start of the expac and they decided to do a pet tournament last year for a panther of our choosing

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » December 2nd, 2013, 3:18 am

Some good ideas already. Bags is a good one. If you were to solo older raids for pets, you will get a lot of cloth, which you can use to make 16 and 20 slot bags, or clothing items.

Nice thing you do, btw - kudos.

ps: the typo is a good one - when I read that you "play the role of sever santa", I had this picture of you wielding a big knife and using on poor old santa :-)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 2nd, 2013, 9:22 am

I think that is soo awesome !!! I wonder if you could gift wrap them where they didnt know what they are getting. You go Santa !!! :D

Seqenenre
Pet Score:2682
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by Seqenenre » December 2nd, 2013, 10:42 am

I've been thinking of doing something similar for my guildies. I'm building up quite a stock of spare, cageable and profession pets and have various mounts, transmog rares and so forth, cluttering up my banks that could make decent gifts. I wonder if I still have some Christmassy clothing lying around to make the walking corpse that is my main look a little more festive...

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » December 2nd, 2013, 5:00 pm

Shikon01 wrote:I think that is soo awesome !!! I wonder if you could gift wrap them where they didnt know what they are getting. You go Santa !!! :D
You absolutely can, my guild has run several fun nights where we give away wrapped pets. But, unfortunately, you cannot wrap bags. So what we did there was write up letters and wrapped those up. The letter stating what the prize was (and if you want to be crafty you can # and name them uniquely so nobody can fake them on you).

People would /roll 1-20 or whatever and they'd get the wrapped present of that number out of my bank toon. If they get a note they had to hand it back to me and I give them the bag or mount or whatever I didn't have wrapped. It worked pretty well and we gave away a dozen or so Leashes pets as well as 2 of each of the largest 2 bags, a crafted epic weapon, and a panther mount.

Sabriela
Pet Score:875
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Sabriela » December 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm

Thanks for some good ideas!

For some reason, it didn't cross my mind to do the crafted pets that are more old school, which could definitely help in my gifting to Stormwind.

I also give out little xmog pieces. Basically I give out fun things that can be wrapped. If it can be wrapped, I'll hand it out.

To everyone saying how nice I am, I don't necessarily agree. I thought it would be something fun to do and I get more joy out of doing it than the others get for receiving, I think!

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » December 3rd, 2013, 1:32 am

If you are exalted with Sporeggar, you can buy [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/flying/miscellaneous/tiny-sporebat/]Tiny Sporebat[/url], but perhaps gathering loads of mushrooms is anything but fun :)

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » December 3rd, 2013, 2:17 am

tell me your toon name/faction and server of your preference and I'll mail you a bunch of cheap pets I have.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » December 3rd, 2013, 3:04 am

Myself, I play Santa Worgenbait as well for Echo Isles Alliance and now Draenor. I started November 29th and give away 50 gifts a day. Mostly green gear, but first day I gave a set of 553 Pally plate legs, and I gave a Skunky pet yesterday. I do this every day until the new year, it's made me fairly well-known on my server. I try to intersperse pets and more valuable items in with the greens, but it all depends really on what I can grab from the raids and dungeons daily. Gave a mount yesterday that someone donated, and giving a Spectral Porcupette, also donated, tomorrow.

Just sucks you can't wrap stackable items, or I'd have a lot more to give. I gave away about 200K worth of stuff last year, and I'm hoping to top that this year. Sitting at about 25K already in just a few days.

If anyone wants to drop by, there are always plenty of gifts if you can get there when I give them out.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » December 3rd, 2013, 10:55 am

Remember to take a moment to check the daily Shattrath fishing quest. If it's "Crocolisks in the City" day, you can usually end up with one of the little guys, and they are a nice gift for collectors and for pet battles.