a good pvp team?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us
a good pvp team?

Post by Se5s » November 29th, 2013, 12:23 am

xufu - spirit claws, feed, prowl
pandaren monk - takedown, staggered steps, blackout kick
val'kyr - shadow shock, CoD, haunt

it almost always loses to death adder/val'kyr/crawdad. so baring that team, i'm just looking for feedback on how well others do with this team. i hope to see some results :)

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Re: a good pvp team?

Post by Shagina » November 29th, 2013, 4:25 am

Your team has very limited control and the big burst combos are predictable and easy to counter for a lot of teams. The val'kyr being what it is can probably carry the team reasonably well, but there's not really a lot of synergy to the team and the two other pets don't really enhance the val'kyr in any way. Most popular teams these days have things that will make your life very hard. It's either force-swap, crawdads, sandstorm, heavy control or heavy burst. You could probably deal with healer teams pretty well due to the high burst potential in xu-fu and the monk, but if beating healers is the goal then it would simply be better to make a darkness team.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102

Post by Se5s » November 29th, 2013, 4:14 pm

i suppose i didn't word this right. i already understand the theory crafting and the min/maxing of synergy. but while this team seems obviously bad, because i chose to use it a few times despite thinking it would suck, i found out that it's really strong. i'm asking you all to look beyond the obvious theory crafting and synergy min/maxing and actually use this team for a few matches. i know we all like to use what works for us, but i'm not really a good strategist, in fact when i use almost any other team i lose almost every match, even using teams that are tried and tested and known to be OP. so why am i getting my 10 wins a week in less than 15 matches with this team? :? i'm just asking for some of the community to actually test battle this team and post results. please ;)

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Post by Shagina » November 29th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Fair enough, but what are you looking for in the results? A teams performance can depend on a lot of things, but mainly it's actually the battlegroup you play against (or if it's server only, I can't remember). However, my point is that you should provide a bit more info about what you are looking for. 'Results' can be a lot of things, and for a forum where theorycrafting is a big thing (because it's the only kind of productive discussion you can really have on this topic) it would be wise to be specific when requesting information. I'm not trying to put you down here, but if I were to take a few hours out of my day to test a team that I don't really see the strength of, I would be more likely to do so if I knew why. You haven't mentioned how you chose to play the team either, and this could cause other players to take a different approach to it and thus yield different results from yours as well.

Hypah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2214

Post by Hypah » November 29th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Going to try it now, will post results of 15 pet battles.

EDIT: Ran out of time and was only able to do 10 with this team. Managed to make it to 8 WINS and 2 LOSSES. An 80% chance to win, not bad.