Share pet collecting news and advice.
Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us
Re: Pet trading card codes not working

Post by Melmo » November 10th, 2013, 4:27 am

This happened to me! What worked was disabling all addons, restarting WoW, and giving Landro the code again. It sounds stupid but it worked for me when my brand new Hippo card code wouldn't work.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » November 11th, 2013, 3:35 am

Have you tried redeeming the codes via your battle.net account?
I have it in my mind that this is now the preferred method - just a thought.

Post by Guest » November 11th, 2013, 4:41 am

I've redeemed a code on Saturday 9th November, so it's not all codes.

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » November 11th, 2013, 5:40 pm

I had a bug a few months ago where I copied the 14 characters (number made up) of the code from the webpage, but it would only paste 10 of the characters in Landro's dialogue box. It wouldn't let me enter the rest of the code, and then informed me my code wasn't valid. Which I knew, because it clearly wouldn't let me input the entire code.

I opened a ticket, changed characters and went about my day. The GM that answered my ticket later said this occasionally happens and relogging the character usually solved it. Since I had already logged out of my toon in Booty Bay, I logged back in and now Landro let me input all 14 characters of the code (again, number completely made up).

So, as simple as it sounds, have you tried logging out and then back in and trying the code again?

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 12th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Ziih10 wrote:I got the cards and after scratching them got the codes from the loot website.
Then you're good.

There was an issue a while ago where "hackers" were somehow generating codes and even newly scratched tickets coulnd't be used at the redemption site it gave them an error that the code had been used already (I want to say with the sand scarab?).
I put in a ticket and blizz said they don't have anything to do with tcg pet redemption
Step 2 is to ask for that person's manager because the code you're trying to put in with Landro came from
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/misc/en/promotion.html

If www.worldofwarcraft.com isn't Blizzard's responsibility, then they've got some serious 'splainin to do.
I tried the addon disable and the codes still didn't work. thanks for trying though. I am out of ideas.
Contact Blizzard again, start ladder climbing (supervisor, manager, manager's manager, &ct.). it's absolutely their responsibility.

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » November 12th, 2013, 7:47 pm

I had this issue this past weekend. Just save the code in Notepad... close wow... all the way to desktop... relog into wow straight into the character at Booty Bay and the codes went in flawlessly.

Best of luck,
Kalium

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am

Wow, I didn't realize the Nesingwary merger problems had gotten so bad. So if it's the realm that's causing problems you could try rolling a toon on another server, running them down to Booty Bay and redeeming it that way perhaps, as pets are account wide?

Thaysula
Pet Score:6596
BattleTag®:Thaysula#1842
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Thaysula » November 23rd, 2013, 2:38 pm

Peanutty wrote:Wow, I didn't realize the Nesingwary merger problems had gotten so bad. So if it's the realm that's causing problems you could try rolling a toon on another server, running them down to Booty Bay and redeeming it that way perhaps, as pets are account wide?
That would only have worked if it was done before the in game code was generated.
It will now be locked to that specific realm. This may be prob part of the problem, the realm merge may have changed the realm seed code for code redemption.

Tiggindy
MVP

Post by Tiggindy » November 25th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Thaysula wrote:That would only have worked if it was done before the in game code was generated.
It will now be locked to that specific realm. This may be prob part of the problem, the realm merge may have changed the realm seed code for code redemption.
Wow, that totally sucks.

Although I'm glad they finally admitted that it was their problem rather than trying to foist things off.

Drrum
MVP
Pet Score:4507
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Drrum » November 28th, 2013, 12:23 pm

That's sad. I hope Blizz is able to help you.

This has nothing to do with realm merging, but an issue I've have on at least HALF of my in-game codes is using copy/paste when you get your card code. Somehow the loot redemption site copies the format the font the code is displayed in instead of just the number, so when it's pasted at Landro, he doesn't understand the number with font formatting. Retyping the redeemed code number in Landro's dialog box works.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » November 29th, 2013, 9:01 am

I haven't had this problem, luckily. I only use Google chrome though when I've done my redemptions. Maybe that helps it copy better?
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Tiggindy
MVP

Post by Tiggindy » November 29th, 2013, 10:20 am

Font shouldn't matter, but if you're really concerned (or if that is the case), paste the number from the Blizzard site into notepad first to make sure it's plain text, then copy/paste it from notepad into the game.