Am I losing my mind ?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Am I losing my mind ?

Post by Shikon01 » November 22nd, 2013, 8:24 am

Ok a couple of days ago I was flying around the 4 winds and came across what appeared to be a pet w/ an " orange foot " above its head ( legion? ) sitting on a rock by a babbling brook. First has anyone seen this powerhouse and if so can you cage it? I tried for a long time varous combos trying to beat this pet and never could...came close then the damn thing would heal itself to full health...REALLY? Has anyone been able to beat it and if so how did you do it and what pets can kill this thing?
Last edited by Shikon01 on November 22nd, 2013, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hadrimmdar
Pet Score:3695

Re: Am I losing my mind ?

Post by Hadrimmdar » November 22nd, 2013, 8:32 am

It sounds like you found one of the Beasts of Fable. There are 10 scattered around Pandaria and there are daily quests to kill them all (given at your faction's shrine). Just look for the guides posted in the Community Guide section on how to kill them.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 22nd, 2013, 8:35 am

The only orange Paw i know in 4 winds is the cricket legendary for Beasts of Fable

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » November 22nd, 2013, 8:37 am

That's the one OMG and there's 10 of these to fight Geez now I'm depressed. I didn't have a quest for it just tripped across it.. I'm on the other quest where you have like 5 pets in different zones to kill I guess before the dailies open up. I HATE THAT CRICKET ROF !!! :twisted:

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 22nd, 2013, 8:40 am

That's Lucky Yi the Beast of Fable (as previosuly replied). Here is the link to the section of the current guide that deals with all of the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7556#p57983]Beasts of Fable[/url]. It is not the only way to beat them, but it is a tried and tested group of teams you can use.

And to be clear since it hasn't been said yet: They cannot be caged.

Good luck!

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » November 22nd, 2013, 8:43 am

Shikon01 wrote:That's the one OMG and there's 10 of these to fight Geez now I'm depressed. I didn't have a quest for it just tripped across it.. I'm on the other quest where you have like 5 pets in different zones to kill I guess before the dailies open up. I HATE THAT CRICKET ROF !!! :twisted:
All of the Beasts of Fable are nasty, but all of them have a weakness (or 6). In the case of Lucky Yi you just need to do so much damage so quickly that he cannot heal from it. Unborn Val'kyr / Pandaren Water Spirit / Chrominius or just a Zandalari Anklerender or Kneebiter (often solo) can do the trick for you.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » November 22nd, 2013, 8:50 am

Thank you sweetie :)) I have quite a few level 25 pets...good variety so I'm gonna read and find what works..just frustrating right before killing blow that the damn thing heals up lol !! I have a feeling I will be experiencing alot of frusration now that I finally made it to panda land.I have a unborn val'k and chrominus level 25, but the water spirt and my zanalari pets I haven't levelled yet.Based on the guide I have alot of pets to level still so will be working on that as well.

Rendigar
MVP

Post by Rendigar » November 22nd, 2013, 9:09 am

Shikon01 wrote:Thank you sweetie :)) I have quite a few level 25 pets...good variety so I'm gonna read and find what works..just frustrating right before killing blow that the damn thing heals up lol !! I have a feeling I will be experiencing alot of frusration now that I finally made it to panda land.I have a unborn val'k and chrominus level 25, but the water spirt and my zanalari pets I haven't levelled yet.Based on the guide I have alot of pets to level still so will be working on that as well.
It is higher risk but instead of the water spirit you can also use a pet that has a same-timed attack with a stun (like [ability]Ice Tomb[/ability], [ability]Elementium Bolt[/ability], or [ability]Stun Seed[/ability]). You just need to use a random "filler" ability for the Whirlpool turn, which may do irrelevant damage that will just get healed. The big thing is timing the stun hit along with Chrominius' Howl being active, giving you the big bang you need, followed by a doubled Surge of Power to finish the BoF off.

The rest of the guide can certainly keep you busy - but since it ALSO makes levelling pets to 25 easier it is not a bad way to go. You may also want to check out [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3871]Tiggindy's pet levelling suggestions[/url] or [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4580]the old 5.3 beginner's guide[/url], which use far fewer pets to beat the Master tamers. It'll help you get a bigger stable of 25's even faster since they use only a couple of core pets as opposed to the 30+ in the main 5.4 guide.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » November 22nd, 2013, 9:17 am

I was just looking at those guides..great stuff and have quite a few of those levelled. Apparently I will need to really hit it hard on levelling...making a list now :))

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 22nd, 2013, 2:18 pm

Shikon01 wrote:That's the one OMG and there's 10 of these to fight Geez now I'm depressed. I didn't have a quest for it just tripped across it.. I'm on the other quest where you have like 5 pets in different zones to kill I guess before the dailies open up. I HATE THAT CRICKET ROF !!! :twisted:
I've found my Lil' Bad Wolf 25 rare S/S can usually solo Yi. Use Mangle, Howl, Claw, Claw, Claw and if needed Howl again then Claw. I very seldom need my second level pet.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » November 22nd, 2013, 2:53 pm

I'm jealous! Like many people here I've reduced pet battling down to 'whats the quickest and easiest way I can do this', rather than having that sense of discovery you've had here.

Sometimes I think there's value in shutting out all the 'spoilers' so there's some new content for us all the go 'what the hell?!?!' when we first encounter it.

Hope the guide helps you out, but if you want my advice, don't lean to heavily on it - there's a lot more enjoyment to be had when you struggle through and get that sense of accomplishment.

Don't be afraid to ask for help though, that's why we all came here at some point!

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 22nd, 2013, 5:24 pm

Shikon01 wrote:Ok a couple of days ago I was flying around the 4 winds and came across what appeared to be a pet w/ an " orange foot " above its head ( legion? ) sitting on a rock by a babbling brook. First has anyone seen this powerhouse and if so can you cage it?
Ah, you can't cage them. There are ten of them. After you do the initial fabled beastie quest, you'll be able to do the three dailies. They're not hard. Most can be downed in 8 ~ 11 rounds. Well, except No-No. I hate that one with a passion. And turtle. Freakin' turtle. He one shots most of my pets and that tidal wave? Gah! His only saving grace is that he doesn't heal himself.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » November 22nd, 2013, 5:26 pm

GrosBonda wrote:The only orange Paw i know in 4 winds is the cricket legendary for Beasts of Fable

There's also a beastie. The rhino looking one.

Post by Guest » November 22nd, 2013, 7:14 pm

Greyhoof I think you mean, sone of Darkhide

I mostly use pets that I leveled for the Celestial Tournament to beat them

Kafi, Gorespine and Greyhoof can all be beaten with the same combo: Darkmoon Zepplin, Darkmoon Tonk, Menagerie Custodian.

It's also the same combo I use to beat Xufu in the tournament (3 pets to beat 4!)

Xandr
Pet Score:5358
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Xandr » November 23rd, 2013, 4:37 am

Kendrah wrote:[...] They're not hard. Most can be downed in 8 ~ 11 rounds. Well, except No-No. I hate that one with a passion. And turtle. Freakin' turtle. He one shots most of my pets and that tidal wave? Gah! His only saving grace is that he doesn't heal himself.
They both can easily be killed with a crow/gilnean raven + howl combo.

I usually open with Call Darkness on No-No. If he does not use Beaver Dam, I flee and start over. If he does Beaver Dam, I switch to the howl pet (which hopefully is slower than No-No). No-No will use Tail Slap against his dam in the swap round. Next round you pass since he will use Dive. Next round use Howl since No-No will break his dam with the Dive and you can hit him with howl without taking damage. After that swap back to the crow/raven. Darkness should still be up and you can slap him with a 200% Nocturnal Strike. After that he's as good as dead. :)

Same with the turtle: Call Darkness > Swap > Howl > Swap > Nocturnal Strike

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » November 23rd, 2013, 8:56 am

Thank you for all the great advice will be on it...kinda feel stupid, but hey gotta learn some way. !!! :oops:

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » November 23rd, 2013, 11:06 am

Xandr wrote:I usually open with Call Darkness on No-No. If he does not use Beaver Dam, I flee and start over.
For No-No, I do the flee thing too. The thing with No-No, though, is that it isn't certain like the other. :lol: So usually he'll beaver dam and that'll be okay. I generally only use Chi-Chi, with another flyer just in case. It's just sometimes it gets so annoying. Same with Turtle. He'll pump then use that wave thing and when I give up and swap out, he'll use that attack and one shot. :roll: :lol: The two of them can make me almost cry when I'm having a super bad RNG day. :oops:
Shikon01 wrote:Thank you for all the great advice will be on it...kinda feel stupid, but hey gotta learn some way. !!! :oops:
If they were super easy, there wouldn't be all of us swapping war stories that this or detailed attack plans. We've all been stumped by those stupid things. For what it's worth, I killed my first fabled beastie and thought I'd be able to capture it took. I was really bummed when I couldn't. I was just too much of a chicken to ask why. :lol: I know a lot of newer pet battle folks think the same thing too. Blizz didn't do a good job with that, I think. Especially when considering how they treat rares in this game. It's natural to think it would extend to an orange paw.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » November 24th, 2013, 10:35 am

Thanks Kendrah for the great advice :))) :D I'm learning just how hard hitting or damage these trainers in panda land can do...boy its a whole different world compared to the other trainers I was used to. Even DM trainer is a cake walk ROF !! :lol: Let the games begin !! Everyone has been so helpful. Thank you everyone !!