Share pet collecting news and advice.
GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us
Battle stone and WoD

Post by GrosBonda » November 21st, 2013, 11:10 am

Should we start stacking them ?
or they will b other way to get them easier ?

Brisela

Re: Battle stone and WoD

Post by Brisela » November 21st, 2013, 11:33 am

You should always stick the stones and save them and not use them cuz they are difficult to obtain :D

Brisela

Post by Guest » November 22nd, 2013, 5:48 am

My biggest concern with WoD is that the battle stones will become useful for trying to obtain epic pets.

However "serious" pet collectors will spend 1h30 a day doing all the Pandaria Pet Dailies (to get stones). It's crazy that an expansion will encourage people not to be in that expansion.

They'd be better off doing a garrison daily quest that has a chance to reward an epic stone, rather than use the current ones.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=92740/ (stone already exists too)

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11331
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » November 22nd, 2013, 5:59 pm

It's definitely a personal choice, but I use some, save some (pets that aren't collected yet) for now. I don't see Blizz making getting these easier (hope not) as you can get a pretty good drop rate doing the Panderia trainers as mentioned.

As I only started collecting about a month or so ago (other than pre MoP ones), there are a number of pets that I've collected (just hit 400 unique yesterday), that I want at 25 rare quality. So I've been using those on the harder to get ones - Unborn Val'kyr as an example.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » November 22nd, 2013, 9:42 pm

I expect there will be more tamers in Draenor, as well as another alternative way to collect stones rather than the Celestial Tournament. Perhaps a vendor in the Garrison?

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 23rd, 2013, 4:14 pm

Opallena wrote:I expect there will be more tamers in Draenor, as well as another alternative way to collect stones rather than the Celestial Tournament. Perhaps a vendor in the Garrison?
I've thought for some time that the Flawless stones should be purchasable with the Lesser Charms of Good Fortune since pet battles drop them, Flawless stones, or nada. Say at of a rate of 500 or 1,000 per stone wouldn't hurt the market too much.

Another possibility would be to trade a single family Flawless stone and some Lesser Charms for a general Flawless stone. This would be better than the current system of 3 same family stones for a single general stone.

Blizz please give me something to spend these Lesser Charms on, I have over 16,000 already.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 24th, 2013, 5:06 am

Yea, seriously with the lesser charms, what were they thinking. You earn them for doing almost anything, but can only spend 50 a week?

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » November 24th, 2013, 9:41 am

I was doubtful they would even work in the next expansion.. then they go and say that not only will the work, they will be part of the system to acquire epic pets.

I just can´t see them keeping it that way. Honestly, I am a bit bummed if there is motivation for us to do Mop dailies while we are in WoD.... that seems very unblizzard to me. At best, our current stones should be able to upgrade WoD wild pets to rare, but I hope that only the new dailes are part of the garrison and epic pet system. I don´t want alts parked all over pandaria for another expansion.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » November 24th, 2013, 10:24 am

I'm assuming that their will be roughly 10 new trainers in the new land and the current trainers will be nerfed in the at least the Exp pets get (to roughtly equal to the WotLK and Cata Trainers). You can come back and do the old trainers, but it won't be nearly as rewarding.