Mr. Chilly - Can you still get him

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us
Mr. Chilly - Can you still get him

Post by Iamwhatis » November 20th, 2013, 1:52 pm

If the thread about merging accounts is correct (see below), does that mean you can not get Mr. Chilly anymore? If you can get Mr. Chilly does anyone know how?

Re: question about merging acounts for pets
by Quintessence » November 17th, 2013, 7:29 pm
Merging B.net accounts only occurred when they made the switch over to Battle.net. Currently there's no way to merge two separate B.net accounts.

You can, however, add a WoW license into your B.net account, but only if you are related to the other account holder IIRC. A married couple can link accounts, as can a parent and child. I think you'd need to prove that you are related somehow, though.

I've never tried to add someone else's WoW license to my B.net before, so perhaps someone with more experience in this area will stop by and give you more details

Mirres
Pet Score:1815
BattleTag®:Mirres#1719
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Mr. Chilly - Can you still get him

Post by Mirres » November 20th, 2013, 2:47 pm

I think you technically can, IF you have an old WoW account that was never merged.

But they are pretty strict about proving it is your WoW account, I understand.

Xandr
Pet Score:5358
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Xandr » November 23rd, 2013, 6:37 am

No, it's not possible anymore to get Mr. Chilly. This pet was only given to accounts that had been merged into a Battlenet account before it became mandatory on Nov 11th 2009.

[edit]

Well, in theory if you had 2 bnet accounts, one old with mr. chilly and one new where your main account is, you could have the new one merged into the old to get the pet but you'd be losing the rest of your collection in the process as it would stay on the newer bnet account.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » November 23rd, 2013, 9:18 am

I could be done if you could find a way to move a toon from one B.net account to another since I'm sure there are some folks who have them still in the unhatched form (Like me). I assume it would make the transfer in ones inventory just fine but I'm not sure.