Need advice

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mewness
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Mewness#1785
Realm:Barthilas-us
Need advice

Post by Mewness » November 14th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Recently I came across this website Toon bay... they're selling vanilla wow pets, tyrael and murky for cheaper price. Would it be a scam? I'm so worried and this offer seems too good to be true.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Need advice

Post by Doobjanka » November 14th, 2013, 10:28 pm

If it seems too good to be true, chances are it is. Don't risk it.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Mewness

Post by Mewness » November 14th, 2013, 11:10 pm

They're currently selling
~ vanilla wow 500$
~ tyrael 600$
~ murky 700$

What do you think?
From my knowledge they transfer a level 10 holding the pets to your account.

Ah so tempted!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 14th, 2013, 11:44 pm

I wouldn't do it. Those pets go for well over the prices you mentioned, so to hear someone selling them for that low... it seems sketchy.

Plus if it requires any sort of character transfer, that means they need access to your account. Divulging personal/private account information is NOT a good idea under any circumstances.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Labyrinthe
MVP

Post by Labyrinthe » November 14th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Not to mention Blizzard will only allow the transfer of characters between accounts if the names match exactly. I tried to transfer my husband's characters (same address and last name) to my account when he quit and they refused to do it.

Definitely red flags.

Mewness

Post by Mewness » November 15th, 2013, 12:30 am

Tht's what they mean, it's from an old account (that have not turn into bnet account yet) and they'll fill in my First and Last name for it to work.

But meh, my account is far more valuable compare to that 3 pets... better not risk it.
Sigh just another dream never come true!
I wouldn't pay 3k USD (RM 9540) for murky, 3k USD (RM 9540) for tyrael and 2k (RM 6360) for vanilla (ebay price), rather buy an apartment...

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » November 15th, 2013, 7:46 am

If you don't care about the money (and it being a scam) you could always just make a new Bnet with just a Battlechest and when they get you those pets you then merge the new Bnet with your real WoW account.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 15th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Um. No. It's obviously a scam. They're selling three pets yet you say it's because they have a very old account? So, what? They have three accounts that they will transfer to you then? For those prices, I can't imagine they'd think to get an all for one price (at least, if they mentioned the different prices, then it seems they haven't.)

So what are the chances of them having three vanilla wow accounts with two of the most rare pets in the game and are then selling them for way under half the going price? Hm... Last time I checked, Murky went for 2k. For $700, I'm sure they'll think people will think it's high enough to be 'legit'. I mean, if they tried to sell it for $30, it would be obvious.