Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Re: How to collect RAF pet's solo and *fairly* cheap

Post by Jaladar » November 14th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Azaelia wrote:I finally managed to send my invite but was a bit sad to see i didnt have the window that had the game for cheaper :( I'll give it another go otherwiswe ill wait till back friday

*EDIT* I got the window you have to click super fast!

Bought my 2 game cards, but where do you see the option to claim the reward?
I believe that the 7 day thing is now the norm so may have to wait a few days to see it pop up, but I think it will be on the friends page. I haven't managed to get mine to pop up either so not entirely sure.

Anarchitect
Pet Score:6201

Post by Anarchitect » November 14th, 2013, 1:28 pm

As to the pet/mount reward, there was a small change under RAF 3.0. Now, once an account is qualified for a reward (i.e., you paid or were billed for the two months), there is about 7 days until that can be claimed. Same for the veteran month after the initial first month is purchased.
From the GM. It seems that it's actually something they put in on purpose and not them covering for slow turn around times.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 14th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Azaelia wrote:I finally managed to send my invite but was a bit sad to see i didnt have the window that had the game for cheaper :( I'll give it another go otherwiswe ill wait till back friday

What is this that you are talking about?

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 14th, 2013, 4:40 pm

GilroyKilroy wrote:

What is this that you are talking about?
There was an offer that some were seeing when they were logging in (I think from the RAF'd account) that was offering a discount for the digital starter edition. I had an extra box laying around so I didn't use/see it but that is what they are referring to. Someone else can probably explain a little better than i have I am sure.

Anarchitect

Post by Anarchitect » November 14th, 2013, 4:44 pm

If you log in on a starter account, you get a popup that says save 50% off a digital upgrade or continue trial. You can pick one or the other, it wouldn't let me play until I picked one option.

Mewness
Pet Score:5196
BattleTag®:Mewness#1785
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Mewness » November 14th, 2013, 10:57 pm

So how do you pay for 2 months if im using the digital game subscription but not a game time card? Buy two "1month" subscribe works? Or do i have to wait the 1st free month to over to activate the subs and get the mount?

Mewness

Post by Mewness » November 14th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Anarchitect wrote:If you log in on a starter account, you get a popup that says save 50% off a digital upgrade or continue trial. You can pick one or the other, it wouldn't let me play until I picked one option.
The last time i tried that discounted option it would lead me to the discount website, but when i clicked check out (pay) it still shows 19.99$. I've contacted customer's service and they say we need to call them to verify credit card. But I'm from malaysia so calling US might end up costing more than the discount.

Anyone can confirm if they fix the website?

Anarchitect

Post by Anarchitect » November 14th, 2013, 11:13 pm

http://battle.net/account/management/up ... ssicFS5dol

That *should* let you upgrade for $5.

Mewness

Post by Mewness » November 14th, 2013, 11:35 pm

Anarchitect wrote:

Wow it works wonders! Great discount for people like me collecting all RAF pets and mount!

Mewness

Post by Mewness » November 15th, 2013, 3:11 am

Now I have made several RAF accounts and upgraded them to Standard Vers. (paid 5$ each), do i have to pay for the 2 months within this 90 days for the mounts or pet to arrive? or it could be done even pass 90 days?

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » November 15th, 2013, 7:52 am

Mewness wrote:Now I have made several RAF accounts and upgraded them to Standard Vers. (paid 5$ each), do i have to pay for the 2 months within this 90 days for the mounts or pet to arrive? or it could be done even pass 90 days?
I actually have a post on the Customer Support forum asking pretty much that exact same question. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10497540257. The consenus seems to be it has to be done in the 90 day window.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Beyonder
MVP
Pet Score:12531
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Beyonder » November 15th, 2013, 8:34 am

Just an FYI, the maximum wow accounts you can have on one battle net is 8. I had already reached this on my battlenet. So i had to use my daughters battle net, now she is also maxed out.

Also, after you have met the requirements, it takes 7 days after that before you can choose a reward.

All the pets are common. :(

Peace.

Mirres
Pet Score:1815
BattleTag®:Mirres#1719
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Mirres » November 15th, 2013, 10:12 am

my cousin just tried the popup, she says it DOES NOT connect to a battle.net account. (I haven't tried, at work.)

can anyone confirm or deny her results?

EDIT: She says blizzard is having issues, we will check again later, as it was also showing up to WOTLK, not cata.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 15th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Anarchitect wrote:http://battle.net/account/management/upgrade-wow.html?promo=classicFS5dol

Worked great! 4 times :)

BTW, I found discounted game cards at http://www.gametimezone.com/ and an extra 5% off for using "Twizz" as the promo code (I have no affiliation with them at all except as a satisfied customer.)

Bosncsw
MVP
Pet Score:5435
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Bosncsw » November 16th, 2013, 9:33 pm

I realize sometimes i'm about as sharp as a bowling ball but I'm still a bit confused about how/if this is working right. I only care about the 4 new pets atm. I created 4 new email accounts and sent raf requests to all 4 seems like only one of them got the email. I accepted and purchased the dd version of the starter kit and 3 months of game time and have this character tied to it's own battlenet account, not a single thing has happened to indicate that i have a new pet yet. The second time I'm trying this is completely different, I went out and bought 4 starter sets and 4 60 day gamecards and used one of each to create a new character. I have only created one character so far and i did it by tying this character directly to my existing battlenet account still not a sign that either way has worked. Sorry for being so lengthy but what am I doing wrong here. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 16th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Bosncsw wrote:I realize sometimes i'm about as sharp as a bowling ball but I'm still a bit confused about how/if this is working right. I only care about the 4 new pets atm. I created 4 new email accounts and sent raf requests to all 4 seems like only one of them got the email. I accepted and purchased the dd version of the starter kit and 3 months of game time and have this character tied to it's own battlenet account, not a single thing has happened to indicate that i have a new pet yet. The second time I'm trying this is completely different, I went out and bought 4 starter sets and 4 60 day gamecards and used one of each to create a new character. I have only created one character so far and i did it by tying this character directly to my existing battlenet account still not a sign that either way has worked. Sorry for being so lengthy but what am I doing wrong here. Any suggestions would be appreciated
I don't think your doing anything wrong necessarily. The issue is that now you have to wait 7 days before you will be awarded the pet and or mount of your choice once the 2nd month of game time is paid for on the new account. There won't be any indication that anything worked unless as you say, you create a character on the new account and can use the summon ability granted as part of the RAF program or see the xp bonuses being awarded.

There is no need to create multiple email addresses, as you can send the RAF request to the same address several times. The only restriction that I have read is that you can only have 1 free version per battle.net account at a time, so you may have to go through and add the DD/retail code to each one as you go. It does make things a little trickier with the 7 day waiting period so you don't know if everything worked or not, but it should as long as you used the emails generated by the RAF program.

If you didn't get the email with the code for each of the new accounts your creating, try again. There was a blue post that said you could retroactively add the RAF code to a new account as long as the new account is 30 days old or less (within free month).

Jal
Last edited by Jaladar on November 16th, 2013, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bosncsw
MVP
Pet Score:5435
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Bosncsw » November 16th, 2013, 9:57 pm

So the 7 day waiting period will apply to the account i applied a cd key and 60 day game time card to as well? If so that's cool i just kinda thought that if on the second account i created i used those things it would make things go quicker. I can always use the first account i created as the stand alone account to claim a mount later. Thank you for the information already provided.

Jaladar
Top Rater

Post by Jaladar » November 16th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Bosncsw wrote:So the 7 day waiting period will apply to the account i applied a cd key and 60 day game time card to as well? If so that's cool i just kinda thought that if on the second account i created i used those things it would make things go quicker. I can always use the first account i created as the stand alone account to claim a mount later. Thank you for the information already provided.
Yep 7 day wait is going to be 7 days no matter what you do. Previously, there was no wait other than maybe a few minutes or so and you would get the mount reward almost right away once that 2nd month was paid for but as of this new RAF version it was changed to a 7 day waiting period. Not sure of the exact reason, but as long as you used the email to start the account, added the DD/retail code, and paid for 2 months, you should have your pets in about a week. Good Luck and enjoy. Waiting for mine as well :D

Jal

Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Palatank » November 17th, 2013, 4:21 am

I think the main reason is fake/stolen CC, alot peeps sell the raf-mount in game.
this way its alot easier to detect those CC before they give away the reward

Dagris
Top Rater
Pet Score:9380
BattleTag®:Dugoth#1259
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Dagris » November 18th, 2013, 7:28 am

For those who may have missed it, WoWInsider posted a leaked Black Friday (Nov. 29th) ad indicating that Gamestop -may- be having a dual sale for $5 for the Battlechest up to Cata -and- $5 for a 60-day gametime card. This would mean you could get the RAF reward for $10, including 1 month time on your main account. Given 1 month time is $15, it would actually be -cheaper- to do RAF through this route than to not do anything, assuming Gamestop does sell things as advertised. Looking at the ad it may also be you get the 60-day timecard free with a purchase of MoP for $10, which, if you got thr $5 Battlechest as well still has RAF breaking even with 1-month subscription time at $15 total for WoW up to MoP, 60-days on the new account, and 1 month on your main account. Worth keeping an eye on anyways :)

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/16/gamestop-offering-60-day-game-cards-for-5-on-black-friday/