Farming for Rares question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skettle18
Realm:Illidan-us
Farming for Rares question

Post by Skettle18 » November 13th, 2013, 5:52 pm

I farmed a ton of rares when MoP came out and then took a several month break from the game. Lots has changed since I've last played. For farming rares, do you now need to kill, for example, an amethyst shale hatchling for it to respawn? Before, I believe all you had to do was forfeit and it disappeared...unless I'm remembering things wrong. Any information is appreciated.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Farming for Rares question

Post by Quintessence » November 13th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Wild pets now repsawn if you forfeit the match (and did not kill the primary pet during the battle). Your team will also take some damage upon forfeiting a wild battle.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » November 13th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Yea, you will need to kill the wild pet because as Quin said, they respawn exactly the same. What a lot of people have done is to have a team to just engage and forfeit. It will take damage, but never go below 5% I believe. When you find a rare, switch in the turnip team for the capture!

Good luck!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 14th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Dakaf wrote:... they respawn exactly the same ...
It's a super-minor difference but the team will respawn with the same pets of the same breeds and the same rarities, but their selected moves will be different. This can be extremeley useful when you are trying to catch a pet that can kill itself (like an Unborn Val'kyr or Crimson Shale Hatchling). Sometimes the pet will almost ALWAYS have the move it can kill itself with, so it can be a bit frustrating - you have to decide for yourself if you want to keep resetting and hoping for it not to have the "death" move (and healing your pets between engagements when the damage you've taken has pushed you too low to win).

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 14th, 2013, 2:33 pm

Rendigar wrote:
Dakaf wrote:... they respawn exactly the same ...
It's a super-minor difference but the team will respawn with the same pets of the same breeds and the same rarities, but their selected moves will be different.
Oh, there is ONE other difference... if you are looking for a pet that comes in multiple colors, the colors of the secondary pets will randomize each time you engage combat with the same group. Looking for a specific color? Keep forfeiting until you see the one you want!

Post by Guest » November 15th, 2013, 4:20 am

You can either kill the pet in the pet battle and then forfeit (not fight pet #2 and pet #3).
Also you can forfeit the fight and just kill the "wild pet" instead.
(Please note option 2 does not work for Serpent Hatchlings and Sumprush Rodents)