Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
New Pets between now and WOD launch?

Post by Morlis » November 11th, 2013, 6:36 pm

I'll first admit I did not catch every moment of Virtual Ticket Blizzcon. I definitely would try to tune in for anything WOW related between live and archived info. Best of what I gathered is that with Warlords Of Dranor (WOD) being worked on there will be little time for any more on the current expansion. Each time they mentioned it, they would say something like "Each hour spent on old content will delay WOD launch by an hour". So I am seeing a sizable gap between now and WOD launch.

I had hoped they would give a "rough" idea when we could expect WOD and nothing was specifically stated. At one point commentator Cat (all I can remember of her name) said that if the expansion followed past history it would be released about a year from the official announcement that it was being worked on. As I have not timed each expansion, I can only guess she is close to correct, I remember Mists being announced and not seeing it for about that amount of time.

All this being said, this is about what happened to me last time. When I ran out of content that I was interested in doing I strayed away from wow, in fact I played another game for almost 3 months into MOP before I got back into it. I have regrets now and then about where I could be with my collection, I could be giving Doob a run for his money! Haha not even close. Without some tidbits of new content be it Pet or otherwise related I can easily stray away again.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: New Pets between now and WOD launch?

Post by Worgenbait » November 11th, 2013, 10:42 pm

For me, when the current content gets too stale, I started pvp... which honestly I don't care for, but I'm an achievement hunter, and there are a lot of achieves there I have yet to get. I just honestly hope it doesn't take TOO long for the next expansion, I'm about 1 month from running out of things to do with current content.

Hadrimmdar
Pet Score:3695
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Hadrimmdar » November 12th, 2013, 10:16 am

I sure hope it doesn't take a year. I have no interest any longer in LFR at this stage in the expansion and quite frankly pet battles is the only thing holding my interest. But I don't think I could go a year on just pet battles.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 12th, 2013, 11:59 am

Im really hoping we see WoD in Q2, as they hinted they might be done earlier. But Siege of orgrimmar is definitely not going to last a whole year. I consider timeless isle to have fizzled already.

And to the OP, there is one new pet left. [pet]Rotten Little Helper[/pet] at the upcomming Winter Veil in december.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » November 12th, 2013, 12:02 pm

There are also the new RAF pets, as well as the Alterac Brew-Pup both should be out by the end of the month (hopefully). And as for nothing to do, you could always pet level. When breeding goes live, the baby's level will be determined by the average level of the parents... so two 25s means a lvl 25 baby.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 12th, 2013, 12:05 pm

I'm sure it's not a year... I bet it's within 6 months. They did a great job not having any major stuff leak this time. I bet it's further along than we think. They won't give a date, because then people get impatient and start to whine about a "delay". I want them to take all the time they need. They always produce a quality product.

Hope they don't release too many new pets before then. I need time to catch all these and lvl up. :mrgreen: