Pet Battle breeding!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
PWOKristy
Pet Score:1863
Realm:Azuremyst-us
Pet Battle breeding!!

Post by PWOKristy » November 10th, 2013, 1:53 pm

https://twitter.com/mumper/status/399368141366513664 and http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com/201 ... -news.html

Got that from Petopia today. You'll be able to merge 2 Pets of the same family and pick the breed. Doing this gives you a chance at an Epic Pet in the Garrison! No increase to Pokemon level.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Re: Pet Battle breeding!!

Post by Opallena » November 10th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Here's some questions I have:

Will gender finally have a purpose? In pokemon breeding, the baby is always the same species as the female. Will this be the same case?

What is the chance of an epic pet? will it be fairly easy or nigh impossible?

Can we breed promotion pets such as Murkalot or a blizzard store pet?

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » November 11th, 2013, 1:19 am

Opallena wrote:Here's some questions I have:

Can we breed promotion pets such as Murkalot or a blizzard store pet?
I'm thinking yes and no.

The term "breeding" is putting the wrong idea out there of what's going on. We're not creating offspring of pets we have. We're sacrificing one pet to change the breed of a second. Like some kind of horror film version of Freaky Friday.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 11th, 2013, 1:44 am

I wonder how its going to play along with limited, uniqe pets with only 1 breed that might be flawed by B/B or like other poor breeds I could easilly foresee 'fixing' Zao to become H/H if pairing him with a H/H beast.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » November 11th, 2013, 3:29 am

There's several pets that are male only and (to a much lesser extent) pets that are female only... like Azure Whelpling won't be able to breed with Spirit of Competition or Wild Golden Hatchling because they're all male only.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » November 11th, 2013, 8:36 am

spotted an interesting thread with some fascinating highlights:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10496439777

New Updates - November 10, 2013

(1. ) The baby will be an average level of both pets. For example two level 25 pets = level 25 baby.

(2.) Rare stones / upgrade stones might be useful in increasing chance at Epic pet baby.

(3.) You can get an Epic baby pet from any quality parent pets, but rare parent pets will have the HIGHEST % chance at making an epic baby.

(4.) We'll be able to pick what the baby will come out as in terms of species (maybe) so breed a rabbit with arctic hare and you can pick rabbit or arctic hare. Or Mumper might just mean we can pick between the stat breed parents have such as P/P or H/H.

Source Twitter:
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/399711140495626240
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/399710861368901632
https://twitter.com/mumper/status/399710738698076160

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » November 11th, 2013, 10:05 am

My understanding this is going to be limited to to same species breeding... i.e. [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet] + [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet] = New [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet]

Therefore, no "one only" pets can breed... which means no Epic [pet]Frosty[/pet]... or [pet]Netherwhelp[/pet]... etc.

Opallena
Top Rater

Post by Opallena » November 11th, 2013, 11:49 am

Well the pet level thing is going to be my motivation for leveling all of my pets to 25.. .I was wondering if that had anything to do with how the baby turned out or if it always was lvl 1

PWOKristy
Pet Score:1863
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by PWOKristy » November 11th, 2013, 1:57 pm

I can't wait to make most of the top Pokemon that I use into Epic Pokemon!

Opallena
Top Rater

Post by Opallena » November 11th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Kalium wrote:My understanding this is going to be limited to to same species breeding... i.e. [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet] + [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet] = New [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet]

Therefore, no "one only" pets can breed... which means no Epic [pet]Frosty[/pet]... or [pet]Netherwhelp[/pet]... etc.
You're probably right on the unique pets not being able to breed, but from what I gathered on the others its within family, not species. So you could have an Unborn Val'kyr and a Sen'Jin Fettish and be able to breed them fine.

EDIT: Here's a question: Will there be a pet like Ditto that can be bred with anything, regardless of family?

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » November 13th, 2013, 12:27 am

Opallena wrote:
Kalium wrote:My understanding this is going to be limited to to same species breeding... i.e. [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet] + [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet] = New [pet]Arctic Hare[/pet]

You're probably right on the unique pets not being able to breed, but from what I gathered on the others its within family, not species. So you could have an Unborn Val'kyr and a Sen'Jin Fettish and be able to breed them fine.

EDIT: Here's a question: Will there be a pet like Ditto that can be bred with anything, regardless of family?

ah ditto brings back memories my favorite pet in pokemon that I never battled with.
I called mine stud and all he did was make me really strong pokemon.
he had the best job in the game.

Eekmeister
Pet Score:2873
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Eekmeister » November 15th, 2013, 3:33 am

Man, I'm SOOOO happy about breeding. I can't wait for epic pets but I wish move-sets could also be bred. Here's hoping that is taken into consideration. And I would be disappointed if you could cage epics that were not already cageable to begin with. I think it would diminish the Safari achieves if you could buy wild pets.

Opallena
Top Rater

Post by Opallena » November 16th, 2013, 3:03 pm

I think the chance for an epic will be fairly small, so rares won't loose value for a while. My guess is after about 6.1 when epics are more and more common we'll see rare pets dropping in value.

Anarchitect
Pet Score:6201
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Anarchitect » November 16th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Maybe I'm not understanding, but this entire pet breeding thing seems rather disappointing. You can only breed within the family (so you can't make fun new pets), you lose one in the process, and rares that you spent months farming could eventually be useless because they aren't epic? What's the appeal?

Kyozu
Top Rater
Pet Score:11184
BattleTag®:Yozora#2217
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyozu » November 17th, 2013, 12:36 am

I hate the idea of epic pets too, especially if it means we could breed an epic version of every single pet. Because that's exactly what I'd have to do, and it doesn't sound fun at all :(

Dekafox
Pet Score:5020
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Dekafox » November 17th, 2013, 12:21 pm

Anarchitect wrote:Maybe I'm not understanding, but this entire pet breeding thing seems rather disappointing. You can only breed within the family (so you can't make fun new pets), you lose one in the process, and rares that you spent months farming could eventually be useless because they aren't epic? What's the appeal?
The last part sounds just like gearing for PvE/PvP to me. You spend months farming gear from the latest raid/arena season, which is made eventually useless by the next raid/arena season coming out, or a new expansion makes all the gearing up to that point essentially null and void.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 19th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Perhaps I've missed it, but there's a question I haven't seen asked yet. Will pet breeding have a CD? Personally I hope it does just to slow the flood of epics.