Magical Crawdad

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Magical Crawdad

Post by Kendrah » November 7th, 2013, 2:28 pm

How hard is it to get this pet? I have one fishing toon but she's only at 346 skill level. I don't really like fishing. XD I wouldn't mind leveling up her fishing if there's a reasonable chance that I'll get the pet. Else, I'm considering just buying off the AH. I'm still hoping for that new crab to get on the AH though. XD~

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Magical Crawdad

Post by Morlis » November 7th, 2013, 3:56 pm

It's kind of like any RNG type pet. You could get lucky and get it quick or I have heard the horror stories of people fishing every day for weeks and not getting it.

I used [url=http://www.elsanglin.com/catching_furious_crawdad.html]El's Mr Pinchy info[/url] and found it most helpful. Pretty sure skill is not really a factor since you have to fish the pools. I had mine within a couple hours so I was one of the lucky ones I guess. Good luck ;)
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Harpua
Pet Score:4602
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpua » November 7th, 2013, 7:57 pm

I fish a lot and I love that their of play. As soon as I could I was flying up to those lakes to fish for crawdads. I got 2 Mr. Pinchey's in one night. After that, it's just luck of the draw as to whether you get the pet or not. So it's kind of a double RNG thing.

FWIW, I had better luck in the lake below Skettis than the one above Stonebreaker.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » November 8th, 2013, 8:35 am

I found fishing the pools late at night worked for me.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » November 10th, 2013, 4:40 am

It really is random. I made 36 casts or so, made my 1st wish and there he was! One of my easiest pets (worst was Fox Kit... that never did drop for me in 2 years). Just keep fishing the pools during times when no one's around and visit all 3 lakes--you'll get it!

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » November 10th, 2013, 10:28 am

Yes, it is definitely random from the above named spots from the fishing pools that spawn. This use to be a hard drop to get, but its not so much anymore.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » November 12th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Like any RNG it's highly variable. I remember getting it almost straight away when I farmed it for my collection, back in the day.

Going back there recently to try to farm another one to sell, however, has been completely unproductive. ;)