conceding battles spawns same battle pet setup?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu
conceding battles spawns same battle pet setup?

Post by Essmene » November 1st, 2012, 7:03 am

Hi,

since Wednesday I have a strange feeling, that conceding pet battles with undesirable pet setups no longer works. (EU).

E.g. I am looking for a certain rare and battle in a fixed area. Before Wednesday I would concede any battle without a rare. Since yesterday I have the impression if I initiate combat with the same battle pet type I get the same "team" setup until defeated.

Am I just making this up?

Idoru
Pet Score:3298
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Re: conceding battles spawns same battle pet setup?

Post by Idoru » November 1st, 2012, 7:22 am

I had the same experience last night, while hunting rares in Kun Lai.
15 (forefitted?) battles in a row had the same poor fox and rare chicken as second and third pet.

But a few hours before that I was getting the usual random teams in Dread Wastes.

Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Essmene » November 1st, 2012, 9:45 am

yes it was in Khun Lai as well. Maybe just the zone is broken.

Could some1 else check this out?

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » November 1st, 2012, 1:02 pm

I think this has more to do with pets that spawn at the same time having the same makeup. Clearing out a bunch of battle pets in a short amount of time in a small area will force a mass respawn.

I did a little bit of testing on this in Tanaris recently (two hours during a sandstorm, no Silithid Hatchlings, but that's a different story). I flew around the entire zone much of the time battling any pet I came across. If it wasn't something I was interested in capturing, I would concede and move on. The only time I came across any teams that were identical to something I had already conceded to was when they were very close together and I encountered them one after another. Tanaris seems to be pretty loosely populated with battle pets. You have to travel a fair distance from one battle to the next, which I believe keeps more than a few from spawning at the same time. Also to consider, is that any spawn can be one of several different primary pets, which probably further helps keep the spawns different from each other.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » November 7th, 2012, 3:25 pm

I know someone here is gonna slap me for this, but I ran away from so many rare Lava Beetles (think I got 5 in a row with the same setup, then he showed up sporratically later) and Alpine Chipmunks (didn't realize that I was missing one in my journal when I ran from them - luckily I ran into another one after that) while I was searching for the last rare I needed in Mt. Hyjal (Grotto Vole, if you must know :P ). Also ran into a ton of the same setup when fighting Tol'vir Scarabs in Uldum (Always common or uncommon scarab, common or poor Mac Frog, and common or poor Desert Spider).

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 7th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Same thing happened to me in Kun Lai last night. I got a rare snake in one of my battles, but I captured him, but all the rest I battled were the exact same uncommon, poor, rare. I only collect one rare of each type so I just kept letting them go.