Reflective Shield

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
Reflective Shield

Post by Aerozia » November 7th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Murkalot's ability, anyone else not having it work right? says it reflect 50% of the damage to the attacking pet, but it doesn't do it, doesn't even defend 50% of incoming damage either, it does nothing.

Anyone else notice this?

Brisela

Re: Reflective Shield

Post by Brisela » November 7th, 2013, 7:11 pm

I would love to see how that works even if its op. I really miss the s/s flayer with reflection ability and x 3 :D

Brisela

Alien
MVP
Pet Score:5498
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Alien » November 8th, 2013, 5:12 pm

I had a fight end in a draw when my opponent's last pet(something) hit my last pet(Murkalot with shield up) for enough that the damage killed my pet and half the damage killed his pet.

But it doesn't always work. For example, I thought I was going to be quite clever and intentionally stand there with my reflective shield up while someone's water elemental bombs went off. It didn't seem to reflect any damage from that. So only direct damage, I think.

When it did work, you took X damage and the enemy took X/2. It did not reduce your damage taken at all, just put some hurt on your opponent.

Slick
Pet Score:1771
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Slick » November 12th, 2013, 6:53 am

Reflective Shield
3 Round Cooldown
The user imbues their shield, dealing 50% of the damage they take to their attacker for 2 rounds.

The tool tip is misleading and could be misinterpreted. But how I read it is you take 100% damage and 50% of that damage is dealt back to the attacker. So basically you get hit for 1000 so it'd hit your attacker for 500.

Bretonas
Top Rater
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Bretonas » November 12th, 2013, 8:05 am

The only thing that's misleading is probably the name of that ability (Reflective Shield). It doesn't reflect anything, it only does what the tool tip says, whenever your pet takes dmg (none of that dmg is negated or "reflected"), the attacker takes half of that dmg as well.

It's a bit like the [ability]Toxic Skin[/ability] ability from [pet]Gulp Froglet[/pet]. Only instead of 50% of the dmg done it deals 5% of the attackers hp.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » November 13th, 2013, 2:33 pm

what I was saying was when I used it, the other pet took NO damage, not just half. but none at all, so it was doing nothing.