I have a tamer experience question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
PWOKristy
Pet Score:1863
Realm:Azuremyst-us
I have a tamer experience question

Post by PWOKristy » November 7th, 2013, 5:07 pm

I'm curious. Which daily pet Trainers give the most experience for leveling Battle Pets? Thank you!

Soulerous
Pet Score:2260
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Re: I have a tamer experience question

Post by Soulerous » November 7th, 2013, 9:20 pm

I've fought every one, and the Pandaren Spirit Tamers always give the most experience that I remember. Also, Aki.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » November 8th, 2013, 1:48 am

The 11 Pandaria tamers/spirits.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » November 8th, 2013, 5:14 am

correct me but it seems that feasel now gives a lot of xp too, possibly as much as a panda tamer.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 8th, 2013, 5:16 pm

PWOKristy wrote:I'm curious. Which daily pet Trainers give the most experience for leveling Battle Pets? Thank you!
The trainers and spirits. The fabled beasts and lil' oon only give around 1k ~ 1.5k, while the trainers and/or spirits give 4k ~ 6.5k a round. And the fabled/oon hit like mac trucks. I do use a carry pet with lil' oon, but that's only because I use the two pet strategy with him and half the time that carry pet dies anyway.

The wild pet battles give higher EXP for your toon if you're wanting to level up that way (but, well, you can't get to the spirits until you have flying so it's kind of mute.)

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 11th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Kendrah wrote:The wild pet battles give higher EXP for your toon if you're wanting to level up that way (but, well, you can't get to the spirits until you have flying so it's kind of mute.)
This isn't what I've found, in terms of player XP. Battle XP for characters is really strange... nearly every 3-pet fight above level 16 or so gives identical XP, provided that your pets have the same level as the pets you're fighting. If you fight lvl 23s with a full team of 25s you take a small hit (170K-ish per fight, vs 190Kish per fight, 25s vs 25s {EDITING to note that this was on a monk with an XP buff, which does apply to pet battles.}) but you'll take the same hit if you're fighting 20s with 22s or whatever. You get the same XP for battles fighting 19s vs 19s in Hellfire Peninsula as you do in the Vale. The XP scales with your level.

Single-pet fights (BoF, namely) don't give nearly as much, solely because there are fewer pets in the fight. There are huge XP jumps in fighting 5s vs 4s and 15s vs 14s for this exact reason.

Why yes, I've been researching this at length, why do you ask? lol.
Last edited by Liopleurodon on November 11th, 2013, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

PWOKristy
Pet Score:1863
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by PWOKristy » November 11th, 2013, 1:42 pm

Lol That is funny Liopleurodon.

Mirres
Pet Score:1815
BattleTag®:Mirres#1719
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Mirres » November 11th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Liopleurodon - how does that compare to tamer battles? specifically, the thundering spirit tamer. Once I get access, I plan to have a friend fly an alt to the thundering spirit tamer, and fight him repeatedly to level up pets and an alt at the same time.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 11th, 2013, 2:48 pm

Mirres wrote:I plan to have a friend fly an alt to the thundering spirit tamer, and fight him repeatedly to level up pets and an alt at the same time.
You can only defeat him once per day. Once he dies, you aren't allowed to abandon the quest either.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Liopleurodon
Site Admin

Post by Liopleurodon » November 11th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Mirres wrote:Liopleurodon - how does that compare to tamer battles? specifically, the thundering spirit tamer. Once I get access, I plan to have a friend fly an alt to the thundering spirit tamer, and fight him repeatedly to level up pets and an alt at the same time.
Not sure. I ought to make somebody fly me up there, heh. I'd assume though, that if nearly every 3-pet fight awards equivalent XP they probably wouldn't change the mechanic for spirit fights. I did go to Vale with a 70 and compare that against Crystalsong and Hellfire, and there's no extra XP for going to Vale early either. And the kicker is, the 25 vs 25 wild XP is the same as 25 vs 25 PVP, but only if you win. If you lose, you get nothing, Willy Wonka style.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » November 11th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Liopleurodon wrote:This isn't what I've found, in terms of player XP. Battle XP for characters is really strange... nearly every 3-pet fight above level 16 or so gives identical XP, provided that your pets have the same level as the pets you're fighting.
Oh, I know but the difference is that you can fight many more battles with wild pets in one small area where your questing rather when running or using the fly points to get to the trainers. Whereas those trainers are available for that quest once daily. It's just a matter of convenience.

edit: I'm strictly speaking about the EXP players under level 90 get from pet battles as a way of leveling their toons up and not the pets themselves.
Last edited by Kendrah on November 11th, 2013, 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 11th, 2013, 5:41 pm

The Tamers and Spirits give out the most xp since they award xp both for the pet battle itself and for doing their quest... but they can each only be done once per day.

Personally, I have an alt parked at each of the Tamers and Spirits that awards a bag for the quest (with a couple of alts dealing with 2 each). I used them to level up my alts on my primary realm (Feathermoon), but now that all my alts there are 90, I just doing the quests for pet xp and the bags.

I will sometimes make a run of the Outland Tamers with an alt on a different realm, and will sometimes do the Northrend and/or Cataclysm Tamers, but only do the lower level dailies if I have a new pet to level.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 11th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Jerebear wrote:
Mirres wrote:I plan to have a friend fly an alt to the thundering spirit tamer, and fight him repeatedly to level up pets and an alt at the same time.
You can only defeat him once per day. Once he dies, you aren't allowed to abandon the quest either.
Unless they fixed it if you haven't completed the initial one time only question you can battle them as many times as you want. It's only once you are working on the dailies that you can only do it once.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin

Post by Liopleurodon » November 11th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Kendrah wrote:Oh, I know but the difference is that you can fight many more battles with wild pets in one small area where your questing rather when running or using the fly points to get to the trainers. Whereas those trainers are available for that quest once daily. It's just a matter of convenience.
Yeah, travel time starts to torpedo player XP through tamer battles real quick. I'm just qualifying that, on a 1:1 basis, wilds vs tamers player XP is all but identical. There's a strange little run in the very lowbie levels where it's absolutely worth seeking out the tamers, especially in a Pet Battle Leveling Challenge-thinger. A bunch of the lowbie tamers have disproportionately high player XP vs wilds because the they pack 3 pets. Other than that it's not really worth it (and I really don't recommend engaging in that challenge anyway because it's seriously awful).

Slick
Pet Score:1771
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Slick » November 12th, 2013, 6:42 am

Kpb321 wrote:
Jerebear wrote:
Unless they fixed it if you haven't completed the initial one time only question you can battle them as many times as you want. It's only once you are working on the dailies that you can only do it once.
This. Had I known you could drop the quest and redo the fight over and over I would have leveled a ton of pets before finally turning them in for credit.With 50 and 25% biscuits the spirit tamers give around 8500xp to a carry pet and probably around 7500-8000 if you carry 2 pets.

Kendrah
MVP

Post by Kendrah » November 12th, 2013, 9:24 am

Liopleurodon wrote:I'm just qualifying that, on a 1:1 basis, wilds vs tamers player XP is all but identical.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I was just clarifying from my initial response that leveling characters via wild pets is faster than going to the trainers. I was probably remiss in not just stating that while the xp is the same, you have more battles around you while your questing and leveling yourself. Sorry. XD
Slick wrote:This. Had I known you could drop the quest and redo the fight over and over I would have leveled a ton of pets before finally turning them in for credit.With 50 and 25% biscuits the spirit tamers give around 8500xp to a carry pet and probably around 7500-8000 if you carry 2 pets.
I don't think you can. The 25% biscuits come from the fabled dailies and you don't get them until you finish the initial spirit trainer quest, right?

Regardless, it doesn't matter. By doing that you lose out on a ton of gold and possible pets that you could sale for gold. I don't think it's all that good a trade, to be honest.