Some help please :)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tyrick
Pet Score:1096
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu
Some help please :)

Post by Tyrick » November 5th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Hello, this is my first post here, but I always checked this site if I wanted to know some pet stuff :P

So, I'm doing some pet battles usually but only to capture pets. I don't have an actual 25ish pet. I would really like a team with level 25 pets. My question is, can I choose 3 pets and level up them to 25 without changing? I just don't like the fact that you have to change pets because this one does +50% damage and stuff...

If this is possible, what families should I choose?

I've read the guides here but couldn't decide =(

Thank you!
Last edited by Tyrick on January 21st, 2014, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Some help please :)

Post by Kpb321 » November 5th, 2013, 1:21 pm

It really depends on what you are looking to do.

For just leveling up your first few pets to 25 you most definitely can pick a team of three pets and just level them up. As far as which pets to use I'd recommend a Beast, a Mechanical and one other all rare quality if possible. Beasts are strong against critters and mechanicals are strong against beasts which are the two most common wild pet types as far as I can tell. Handy abilities to have include heals (beasts with devour for example) so you can go more fights with out having to use your pet heal ability and damage reducing buffs like sandstorm. They are extremely effective against multi-hit abilities and wild pets aren't smart enough to avoid using them in those situations. Taking a quick look at your pets I'd probably do Shore Crab, Tiny Harvester and Panther Club as your first team if you don't want to work on collecting other pets. Gives you heal options on all your pets and good coverage for most wild pets you are going to fight.

Once you get a few pets leveled up and you start to think about doing more pet battle related things like the trainers then you do need to start thinking about having different counter pets for different fights and the right breeds etc but don't think of the guides as must have as most cases you can substitute a similar pet and still be fairly successful. For example the one Aki strategy recommends he spirit crab as he ends up being a counter for both the first two pets. His shield completely negates the first pets swarm attack and being undead the second pets only spammable attack is weak against him so he really is a very good option but I was able to use a random crab I had in the spirit crabs place until I got around to getting a spirit crab.

Tyrick

Post by Tyrick » November 5th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Cool, I've got my favorite rare beast some days ago which is [pet]Panther Cub[/pet], could you suggest some mechanical pet with some healing or defensive ability? Preferably something which is not too expensive or hard to obtain. I'm okay with farming pets till I get a rare :)

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » November 5th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Wild Mechanicals I'd get a Anodized Robo Cub you can get him in winterspring around the flight point also a Robo-Chick there as well as a rabib nut varmit 5000. You can also a cogblade raptor in Blades Edge. If you look up the pets here on Warcraft Pets you can find exact locations.

You can also find on the AH some good ones pretty cheap.
Sun Reaver Micro - Drop from Haywire on the Isle of thunder
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Mechanical Squirrel
Tranquil mechanical Yeti

Several others you might already have in your spell book.

Good Luck.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 5th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Tyrick wrote:Cool, I've got my favorite rare beast some days ago which is [pet]Panther Cub[/pet], could you suggest some mechanical pet with some healing or defensive ability? Preferably something which is not too expensive or hard to obtain. I'm okay with farming pets till I get a rare :)
The tiny harvester does have a heal and armor plating so already meets those requirements. There aren't a huge amount of wild mechanical pets or mechanical pets in general but ravnhawk posted a pretty good list of the options available.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272

Post by Ravnhawk » November 5th, 2013, 2:33 pm

I totally forgot the Tiny Harvester. He's pretty cool as well. The Sunreaver Micro can be gotten for as little as $500.00 gold.

I also forgot Clock'em for the Brawler's Guild

Clockwork Gnome is a staple and can be gotten thru archeology or off the ah usually for about $2,500.00 to 5k gold.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 5th, 2013, 3:30 pm

I would also recommend going Beast, Mechanical, and for the third spot I'd say Flying. Moths are easy to use and there's so many it shouldn't be hard to find a rare to suit you.

Tyrick

Post by Tyrick » November 5th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'm trying to capture that robot bear from Everlook. :)

Yes, I have some rare moths I think. I just have to level them up.

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Mwebly » November 5th, 2013, 4:59 pm

I agree that a moth for the 3rd spot is nice to counter all the aquatics you will run into while leveling and collecting, also look hard at the [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet]. The p/p breed was a staple of mine when I captured my wild collection and you will run into a lot of flyers.

Another one I would add to the list is a [pet]Terrible Turnip[/pet]. He is the flat out best pet for capturing low level pets due to his unique ability [ability]Weakening Blow[/ability] which allows you to damage, but not kill, low level pets while collecting.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » November 6th, 2013, 12:03 am

The cog blade raptor, your panther, and a moth of rare quality would be a great way to get started. The raptor is a little higher level, so the harvester would be a good one to level till you get there.

Good luck and welcome to the family!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Tyrick

Post by Tyrick » November 6th, 2013, 7:39 am

Thank you for all the answers!

My pet team is currently looks like this:
  • A rare [pet]Tiny Harvester[/pet] level 10
    A rare [pet]Panther Cub[/pet] level 10
    and a rare [pet]Tainted Moth[/pet] level 15
This setup is pretty cool so far :)

Will get the Cogblade Raptor later, but my team is still too low level to capture

Mirres
Pet Score:1815
BattleTag®:Mirres#1719

Post by Mirres » November 6th, 2013, 8:38 am

another option available is using pet weaknesses to get higher levels quickly. if you have three mechanicals about level 5, you can capture level 16+ arcane eyes by the entrance to Kara.

catch three of those (uncommon or better) and you can use them to capture level 20+ flyers (I got dragonbone hatchlings in dragon wastes), which in turn can capture Max level aquatic pets. once you have one level 25, you can learn others by purchasing from ah or level services.

once you have level 25 team(s), it's much faster and easier to level others.

Post by Guest » November 7th, 2013, 6:38 am

Two pets I would go for as soon as you can:

[pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] - These things are beasts!
[pet]Emperor Crab[/pet] (Rare - P/P breed)

Between these two pets, you will be able to beat an awful lot of others. Emerald is good vs flying and Emperor Crab is good vs critters (but can survive indefinitely against anything)

Droodics
Top Rater
Pet Score:3692
BattleTag®:Frozenlore#2917
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Droodics » November 11th, 2013, 8:58 am

I was in your same sittuation, looking for a good level 25 all purpose team.
The hardest part is to get first 2-3 pets to level 25, then it's a lot easier. Took me 1-2 weeks to get my pets to level 25, and in the next week I had 20+ level 25.
I found my all purpose team on this forum I think.
[pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] + [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet]
You can find a uncommon P/P, or if you dont want to waste time and you have 1000 justice points, just buy the stone to turn any P/P into uncommon.
I am still doing dailies for pet leveling with these two + leveling pet and are a killing squad. With any of them I can solo certain pet tamers, found my own strategies to do so.
You can't go wrong with these two.
That's my advice.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 11th, 2013, 10:31 am

Droodics wrote:I found my all purpose team on this forum I think.
[pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] + [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet]
Emeralda (my P/P [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet]) is my goto pet for killing things. With the hat and food you can level 2+ pets using just the Pandaren trainers and spirits. I would also do the celestials to keep a supply of food (as well as the 10 PvP fights for the 50% food which stacks with the 25% food.)

Tyrick

Post by Tyrick » December 24th, 2013, 4:23 pm

Mirres wrote: catch three of those (uncommon or better) and you can use them to capture level 20+ flyers (I got dragonbone hatchlings in dragon wastes), which in turn can capture Max level aquatic pets
Well, it's definitely not working for me since there are 2 other pets with those birds... But yea the idea was cool ;p