Share pet collecting news and advice.
Droodics
Top Rater
Pet Score:3692
BattleTag®:Frozenlore#2917
Realm:Ravencrest-eu
Pet worth buying from Blizzard Store

Post by Droodics » November 4th, 2013, 8:19 am

I was planning to buy a [pet]Pandaren Monk[/pet] from Blizzard Store. I mainly wanted to buy him because I love Humanoids, more specific, the passive heal.
Now, I read a lot about pets from Blizzard Store and I don't know which one to get.
I saw that some pets can be bought from E-Bay asswel, such as the [pet]Pandaren Monk [/pet]for 5$, but idk how safe it is.
Some pets can be bought from Auction House, as I've seen. I am on EU Sylvanas, and I got [pet]Guardian Cub[/pet] for 5k gold, not that much for that pet, but affordable for me, and I say, a good deal as I've seen it for 10 euros on Blizzard Store.
I am not that wealthy in game to afford Lil XT or smth else that costs 20k or more.
Which pets you reccomend from Blizzard Store and why?

Venun
Pet Score:2735
BattleTag®:Venun#2613
Realm:Twisting Nether-eu

Re: Pet worth buying from Blizzard Store

Post by Venun » November 4th, 2013, 11:09 am

Your main reason should be: this pet is so freaking cool, I want it!

We could give you reasons why this battlepet is stronger, or this one swings his weapon or does a little dance, but in the end, it needs to appeal to you :)

That being said:

- Pandaren monk is offered along with some NVidia video cards, and thus can be obtained through ebay or other ways.
If you're going after him, you can save yourself a fiver and get him this way, win-win.

- Guardian Cub is the only pet from the store that's tradable ingame. People use it to turn cash into gold, thus it's affordable quite cheap on most servers.

The blossoming ancient is quite a cool, tough, tanky / healy pet that can take on many foes. His fights take long, but he usually wins against all 3 opponents if they don't pull fancy tricks.

Lil' Ragnaros has some cool unique skills aswell

Take your pick, any pick is right =)

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » November 4th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Droodics wrote:Which pets you reccomend from Blizzard Store and why?
I personally can't wait to buy Lil' Ragnaros - not only does he look incredibly cool but he's one of the more powerful battle pets in the game.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 4th, 2013, 4:09 pm

Lil' Rag is one of the cooler ones.

But the Cinder Kitten is so cute, it should be illegal.

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » November 4th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Gilneas wrote:Lil' Rag is one of the cooler ones.

But the Cinder Kitten is so cute, it should be illegal.
Plus Cinder Kitten counts towards the Crazy for Cats achievement! :)

Droodics
Top Rater

Post by Droodics » November 4th, 2013, 9:58 pm

Ok, I made a plan to buy one pet a month from blizzard store.
I will buy a Pandaren Monk first, I just love him.
Then I shall buy them in order: Lil Ragnaros>Blossoming Ancient>Moonkin Hatchling >Cinder Kitten>others.
I dont really like Cinder Kitten, but for the Crazy Lady achievement is very good. I dont have many kittens, until I get it maybe I will get more.
Thanks for input, more is allways welcome.

Post by Guest » November 5th, 2013, 6:46 am

The Guardian Cub is cageable so you can find that particular Store pet on the AH.

I don't have Cinder Kitten and I have the crazy cat lady achievement. There are 24-25 possible cats in-game, most of which are tradeable.

[edit]: Buying Pet Store pet codes for code is against the Terms of Service as I have just found out.
Last edited by Guest on November 5th, 2013, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » November 5th, 2013, 8:26 am

Also so you know the Moonkin Hatchling gets you 2 pets for one. A horde and ally pet. All you have to do is login to the game one a toon from each faction and check a mailbox.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Droodics
Top Rater

Post by Droodics » November 5th, 2013, 8:40 am

Dragonwizard wrote:Also so you know the Moonkin Hatchling gets you 2 pets for one. A horde and ally pet. All you have to do is login to the game one a toon from each faction and check a mailbox.
That is good to know. Is there some limitation on the ally or horde pet, such as: You can only play/summon your Alliance moonkin on ally chars?
Just to point out that it is technically possible to purchase Pet Store pets with gold instead.
You should only do this if you trust the seller or are willing to lose gold.
The Guardian Cub is cageable so you can find that particular Store pet on the AH too.

I don't have Cinder Kitten and I have the crazy cat lady achievement. There are 24-25 possible cats in-game, most of which are tradeable.
I got the Guardian Cub for about 2.5k on my server. It's addorable.
I've seen that for achievement you need to have 20 cats from 25. 4 of those 25 are out of reach for me.
I've checked my achievements and for Crazy Cat Lady achievement all I need now are free-to-get pets in game.
I will get later on Cinder Kitten just for his/her cuteness.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » November 5th, 2013, 8:50 am

Yeah, only ally can summon the ally one and only horde can summon the horde one.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Droodics
Top Rater

Post by Droodics » November 5th, 2013, 10:18 am

Dragonwizard wrote:Yeah, only ally can summon the ally one and only horde can summon the horde one.
Ok, so you can only summon one into the world, but can you battle them?
And another thing: What about [pet]Alterac Brew-Pup[/pet] ? It is worth buying it as soon as it appears on store?
Or should I wait for a promotion. I've seen Blizzard giving certain pets for reduced price sometimes.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 5th, 2013, 11:33 am

Droodics wrote:Ok, so you can only summon one into the world, but can you battle them?
You can only use the Moonkin Hatchlings in a battle on the appropriate faction. So to level your horde hatchling, you'd need to play on your horde toon. Alliance hatchling has to be leveled by an alliance toon.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 5th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Haevlyn wrote:Just to point out that it is technically possible to purchase Pet Store pets with gold instead.
This is against the ToS (except for the guardian cub which is fine), and should not be encouraged. The other pet store pets are obtained from out of game codes, which cannot be purchased with gold.

Its just not safe, not worth it, and Blizzard will not help if something goes wrong.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 5th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Haevlyn wrote:Just to point out that it is technically possible to purchase Pet Store pets with gold instead.
This is against the ToS (except for the guardian cub which is fine), and should not be encouraged. The other pet store pets are obtained from out of game codes, which cannot be purchased with gold.

Its just not safe, not worth it, and Blizzard will not help if something goes wrong.
You can however set up trades via WCP trade forum. There's a number of folks who will gift store pets, especially for newer or harder to get pets, i.e. raid pets, TCG pets. It's not a Blizzard supported transaction so you should always do your research before trading to make sure that both you and your trade partner get what's agreed upon out of the deal!

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » November 5th, 2013, 4:10 pm

You should only do this if you trust the seller or are willing to lose gold.
The Guardian Cub is cageable so you can find that particular Store pet on the AH too.

Sure, but it's not possible to get Crazy for Cats without at least one store, promotion, or TCG cat - or Xu'fu, Cub of Xuen, which requires a very strong team to beat the Celestial Tournament.