How does one get a minfernal?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ylzmir
Pet Score:3723
Realm:Malygos-us
How does one get a minfernal?

Post by Ylzmir » November 1st, 2013, 1:59 pm

I am looking for advice from anyone who can help me in finding a minfernal. I have camped Felwood for up to 6 hours and have had characters logged out in at their supposed spawning points for about two dozen server restarts, but I have yet to even see a minfernal. On at least two of the server restarts, I know for a fact that I was the first person on, but there was no minfernal. I have every other wild pet in the game. Does anyone have any real knowledge about how to catch one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: How does one get a minfernal?

Post by Luciandk » November 1st, 2013, 2:04 pm

It requires patience, patience, patience and patience. Its a highly sought trophy pet on a lenghty respawn timer. And missed by many people wanting to complete zookeeper.

Best bet is to make a dk on a low pop server and hit up felwood.

Brencis
Pet Score:2076
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Brencis » November 1st, 2013, 2:07 pm

Minfernals do not exist and people who claim to have caught them are lying. Seriously, the strats I have seen people post the most are to make a death knight on a Brazilian low pop server (no CRZ) and to head on up. I am simply too lazy to do this as I know I will make one and then there won't be any because Minfernals do not exist.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » November 1st, 2013, 5:26 pm

I think my minfernal ate all the giraffe calfs! I found a minfernal in little time at all (honestly, 15 minutes invested total at most). My giraffe calf probably took... 15 hours total (minimum) of dedicated time. Was infuriating! Good luck on our minfernal, maybe have your giraffe calf out at the same time to use as bait?

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » November 1st, 2013, 5:45 pm

Brencis wrote: I am simply too lazy to do this as I know I will make one and then there won't be any because Minfernals do not exist.
too lazy? you don't deserve the pet.

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » November 1st, 2013, 6:45 pm

Or, just leave a toon on your normal realm logged out where the Minfernals spawn, and log over every now and then to see if one is up. That's what I did and it only took me around three days of checking.

Poxx
Pet Score:5148
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Poxx » November 1st, 2013, 8:33 pm

Was impossible for me to get one on my own home realm. So I made a DK on a Spanish RP PVP server after advice form a guildie. Those servers don't have CRZ enabled and this particular one is all but deserted. Still took me a little while to get one but managed it in the end.

That's about the best advice I can give you, find out which server you have access too is all but deserted and make a DK there.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 1st, 2013, 9:51 pm

Your Brazilian DK will come in handy for other pets too. I used mine when Qiraji first spawned.

Quarters
Top Rater

Post by Quarters » November 1st, 2013, 10:10 pm

Poxx wrote:Was impossible for me to get one on my own home realm. So I made a DK on a Spanish RP PVP server after advice form a guildie. Those servers don't have CRZ enabled and this particular one is all but deserted. Still took me a little while to get one but managed it in the end.

That's about the best advice I can give you, find out which server you have access too is all but deserted and make a DK there.
There's no such thing as impossible. It just takes patience and dedication.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 2nd, 2013, 10:21 am

Ylzmir wrote:I am looking for advice from anyone who can help me in finding a minfernal. I have camped Felwood for up to 6 hours and have had characters logged out in at their supposed spawning points for about two dozen server restarts, but I have yet to even see a minfernal. On at least two of the server restarts, I know for a fact that I was the first person on, but there was no minfernal. I have every other wild pet in the game. Does anyone have any real knowledge about how to catch one of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you're the first server up on a cross realm, you won't see the pets. It's kind of crappy so I wouldn't really go by the restarts, tbh. I did the camping thing too with no luck. And the killing all the mobs/non battle pet critters. That didn't work for me.

What worked for me (I found two this way -- first one I accidentally killed) was to have a character that I didn't mind not moving for a while and just checking a couple times a day (and doing a quick sweep) to see if there is one up. I think it took maybe a week of just logging on and off that character before I got mine.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » November 2nd, 2013, 12:25 pm

Try Ravenholdt (US), a PVP/RP server without CRZ. This realm was my source for rare spawn pets.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » November 2nd, 2013, 1:25 pm

I was too lazy to do the opening quests for the death knight so I just transferred one of my characters to a low-pop no- crz realm and they were spawned when I arrived, didn't even have to wait around.

Ylzmir
Pet Score:3723
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Ylzmir » November 4th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Well, I certainly appreciate the input. I have already tried logging out one of my characters in Felwood and checking periodically and have never had any luck. I think the problem is that since I work during the day that there is no way for me to check then and that is most likely the time for a respawn. Also, EVERY time I have logged in there is ALWAYS someone there camping for them. I am on Malygos which is a heavy population CRZ server.

The idea to make a DK on a low population PVP/role-playing server is a good idea. I already have a horde DK who is level 57, but I can delete him and start a new one. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks so much for the advice!

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579

Post by Kendrah » November 4th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Ylzmir wrote:The idea to make a DK on a low population PVP/role-playing server is a good idea. I already have a horde DK who is level 57, but I can delete him and start a new one. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks so much for the advice!
Why delete him? You're allow more than one DK. It's just that you only get one DK per server.

Lith
Pet Score:1439
BattleTag®:LIth#11509

Post by Lith » November 4th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Yea I got mine after a week of logging on a diff toon constantly. But I have to wait almost a year to get the chieve anyway for the summer pet.
Lith#1334 Please state the trade in the info!

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 4th, 2013, 9:14 pm

One doesn't just "get a minfernal". :roll:

Server start doesn't work, and hasn't worked for quite some time AFAIK since they specifically addressed that in a patch a long time ago.

I guess the best thing is to check the spawn area at random times on random servers, low pop servers if you can, though with the server merging stuff happening that may not be a possibility.

Lith
Pet Score:1439
BattleTag®:LIth#11509

Post by Lith » November 5th, 2013, 12:34 am

@tiggindy That zone is cross zone, due to hardly anyone using it to lvl, regardless of mergers there will be other people there.
Lith#1334 Please state the trade in the info!

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 5th, 2013, 1:31 pm

After reading posts about getting one and many, many frustrating hours of trying to get one I finally made it. Here's how;

1) went on my server at 5:00 AM local time on a weekday.

2) killed and kept killing all the none Minfernal pets both battle and bystanders, not just in the Shatter Scar Vale, but also the surrounding area

3) killed Infernals

After about 20 minutes I saw a Minfernal spawn only to be grabbed by someone else. So I continued and after about another 20 minutes saw a second spawn and almost fainted when I engaged it battle. It was common, but I didn't care since I had been saving a Flawless Magic stone for months. Then I renamed him "I am real".

Two final notes, first in the 70 plus hours I spent camping I only saw two spawn. Second whatever you do have a Terrible Turnip in your group to capture it, because I don't want to hear your screams of pain if you accidentally kill it :D
Last edited by Dolz on November 5th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » November 5th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Hootstwo wrote:I think my minfernal ate all the giraffe calfs! I found a minfernal in little time at all (honestly, 15 minutes invested total at most). My giraffe calf probably took... 15 hours total (minimum) of dedicated time. Was infuriating! Good luck on our minfernal, maybe have your giraffe calf out at the same time to use as bait?
I guess you either get a Minfernal or Giraffe Calf easy, but not both. I just stumbled on my Giraffe Calf shortly after I started Battle Pets and it was rare. I had NO idea how lucky I was at the time.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 5th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Kendrah wrote:
Ylzmir wrote:The idea to make a DK on a low population PVP/role-playing server is a good idea. I already have a horde DK who is level 57, but I can delete him and start a new one. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks so much for the advice!
Why delete him? You're allow more than one DK. It's just that you only get one DK per server.
Not anymore..
The "one DK per realm" limit is gone, since IIRC v5.3....