Best place to level pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jerika
Pet Score:6443
BattleTag®:Thalia#11737
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Best place to level pets?

Post by Jerika » November 3rd, 2013, 5:33 pm

I need to do some quick leveling of some pets or quickish anyway best area with high level pets? or best area in general.

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Re: Best place to level pets?

Post by Amargodreams » November 3rd, 2013, 6:12 pm

My two favorite spots are the shrine flys in jade forest. Not sure of their exact location but they are always clustered and respawn fast. (I found them while walking along the road on a lvl 70 alt, so it's safe from aggro too) . And then of course the turtles along the river of valley of four winds *right in front of galleon*. Not sure if these are the fastest spots, but I like them.

Jenkr77
Pet Score:2078
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Jenkr77 » November 3rd, 2013, 6:17 pm

I level all my pets in Vale of Eternal Blossom. The striders there usually start off with pump. I put in my lowbie first for one round then i swap him out and let my two level 25s finish them off.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 3rd, 2013, 6:35 pm

Are you able to do the tamer dailies? You can jump two pets to 25 (if you have the hat) each day with just the Pandaria dailies.

If you want to battle out in the world, if you don't have a full set of rares, I'd suggest starting in lowbie areas and get all your low levels higher as you catch rares of all the battle pets. Get everything to 5, and you can battle anywhere. Get them all to 10, and life is easy. :lol:

After that, it just matters what kind of stones you want to hunt for. For beast, there's krasarang at the incursion (or the horde equivalent I'm sure) so you can just kill the half dozen or so spawns while circling a healer. For Critter, there's the valley around the farm area. For aquatic, there's the vale.

If you've got a lot of bandages, that opens up more areas.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 4th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Tiggindy wrote:If you want to battle out in the world, if you don't have a full set of rares, I'd suggest starting in lowbie areas and get all your low levels higher as you catch rares of all the battle pets. Get everything to 5, and you can battle anywhere. Get them all to 10, and life is easy. :lol:
I've been going the other direction. Starting in the higher level zones and working my way down. I figure there is no reason to spend time capturing a blue quality pet at some low level when I could capture it at a higher level someplace else and I have no shortage of pets already high enough to survive a hit or two to level up in these cases.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 4th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Seems like wild battles in Timeless Isle were giving more xp than elsewhere. Also got a couple flying stones.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 4th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I've been going the other direction. Starting in the higher level zones and working my way down. I figure there is no reason to spend time capturing a blue quality pet at some low level when I could capture it at a higher level someplace else and I have no shortage of pets already high enough to survive a hit or two to level up in these cases.
That only really applies to a relatively small number of common type pets.

But you do have a good point, I loved when I got "free" levels by catching a high level blue rabbit (or whatever) to replace my lower level as I was hunting other stuff while I was working my way through the zones.

The main reason I suggest going bottom up, and leveling everything is because while there's no shortage of stuff you can use in fights, it's more heartening (to me at least) to look at the journal and see nothing below a certain level.