Same Pets Different dude?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Temperama
Pet Score:921
Realm:Icecrown-us
Same Pets Different dude?

Post by Temperama » October 29th, 2012, 10:51 am

I keep getting whupped by the same pet combo but different people. They even wear the same gear. Coincidence? or is EA trying to prevent me from hunting the guy down and challenging him one on one til I finally win? (joking guys, really)

I find it interesting that either certain pet combos and gear are very common or WOW is randomizing the characters but not their gear.

Any one know more than me or notice the same thing?

Hydramith
Top Rater
Pet Score:3037
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Re: Same Pets Different dude?

Post by Hydramith » October 29th, 2012, 11:07 am

To me in random pet battles the class, race and gear of the other player is all randomized. I tested this with a guildie.
Normaly it's a female gnome mage, but I've seen appearances of a male orc DK, a pandaren female monk, a night elf druid, etc. etc.
We know we were matched up to eachother because we told eachother when we queued, which pets we used, and which abilities we used to be sure it was indeed the other person. (Hint: Easy to test this at 5am in the morning)

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Same Pets Different dude?

Post by Sesamee » October 29th, 2012, 8:53 pm

The "person" you see in a pet battle is not the person's actual avatar. It's some randomized character. Why Blizz does this I have no idea. You can come across the same team but have a different looking "person" and vice versa. This has happened to me and I only knew it was the same team because of pet names. Or the same person just mixing up the pets on their team. Do pvp battles for a few hours in a row and you'll see what I mean.

Either way, you are seeing a randomly generated character in place of the actual person's toon.