Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu
Curious; How much would you pay for...

Post by Ruststorm » October 28th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Hi there everyone,

Let me just finish the subject "...an Ethereal Soul-Trader?".

I'm talking about ingame gold. I read many different prices ppl pay, so I've just been wondering. :)

Let me know!

Jettemakaron
Pet Score:2421
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Re: Curious; How much would you pay for...

Post by Jettemakaron » October 28th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Nowdays when they are mass duped i would not pay more then 100k. And prices may go down even more depending on how many that will get out on the market.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 28th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Ye, I've been wondering about that as well. Seems like duping is going on bigtime lately... always level 1 chars selling the most expensive pets on trade for around 130k or more... Lowest i've seen is 110k so far...

Saite
Pet Score:13760
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Post by Saite » October 28th, 2013, 5:36 pm

I paid 150K today for one. A lot cheaper than they were six months ago and finally nabbed mine on a server where I had gold.

Also picked up a Spectral Tiger for 140K. At last... ;)

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » October 29th, 2013, 1:59 am

50-100k for one of em, can't see them dropping below 50

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 29th, 2013, 2:01 am

I'm not really sure what i shall spend on the beasty...

I've got around 70k left on a server I'm not playing on, but i'm rather sure i won't be getting it for that price.

The other servers i'm playing on don't have em, except the level 1 characters which most likely sell dupes ones... :-/

Nuterx
Pet Score:4031
BattleTag®:NuterX#1802
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Nuterx » October 29th, 2013, 2:40 am

Well... i pay 300k few week ago

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » October 29th, 2013, 2:49 am

According to my records I paid 175k for mine a 3-5 months ago, from the AH, lvl 1. So I was fine with paying that knowing it wasn't a dupe and well, seeing as it was up on my primary realm where over 90% of my gold is.

What someone's fine with paying will vary a lot, I have no problems making gold so paying a bit extra to insure I'm getting a non-dupe is OK with me. Others might not be willing to pay as much because even 100k might be an unbelievably large amount of gold to them.

If I were in the market for one now, I'd look for one at 100k or lower. Still, no regrets for what I did spend, it was just gold and I was happy just to get the pet.

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » October 29th, 2013, 3:03 am

Nuterx wrote:Well... i pay 300k few week ago
why?

Kyozu
Top Rater
Pet Score:11184
BattleTag®:Yozora#2217
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyozu » October 29th, 2013, 3:39 am

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 29th, 2013, 5:54 am

Ishildur wrote:According to my records I paid 175k for mine a 3-5 months ago, from the AH, lvl 1. So I was fine with paying that knowing it wasn't a dupe and well, seeing as it was up on my primary realm where over 90% of my gold is.
So basically you're sayin that level 1 pets aren't dupes? Hmm interesting :)

It's fun to see how ppl vary in the amount of gold they wanna spend on that pet. :)

I for one am probably trying to pay around 100k gold... Always very insecure about whether it's a dupe or not... that makes it "harder" for me. ;(

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » October 29th, 2013, 5:57 am

I paid 232 k maybe a mount or 2 ago, kinda killing me it is so low now.
I looked up the seller before I placed my bid, was a level 90 on my server in a top guild. Ofcourse that dosent mean it cant be a dupe, but I felt better not getting it from a level 1 char.

Rellyne
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Rellyne » October 29th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Forgive my lack of knowledge on this matter, but what happens if it's a dupe?

I mean, I don't even know how I can know if it is a dupe or not, but since we're not talking about 5k, 10k, but instead 100k+ gold, anything bad at all could happen to you if you end up buying a dupped pet? Will Blizzard remove it next day, or you'll get banned, or it just doesn't work at all (you can't learn the pet), etc.?

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » October 29th, 2013, 11:10 pm

I sold two 5.4 engr Mounts with the intention of buying a soultrader. It took about 2/3 of the proceeds so I'm pretty happy with what I consider a trade more than a purchase.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 30th, 2013, 2:37 am

Mystik_sok wrote:I sold two 5.4 engr Mounts with the intention of buying a soultrader. It took about 2/3 of the proceeds so I'm pretty happy with what I consider a trade more than a purchase.
That's probably a good idea even :O

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » October 31st, 2013, 12:48 am

Going to try to find one for 100-150k though it would take a while for me to get it x.x

Though, honestly, probably will try to get a viscous horror over a Soul Trader just based on how many I've seen in various AHs. I'm still trying to find a server to do this. Any ideas?

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 31st, 2013, 2:21 am

Astraldr0p wrote:Going to try to find one for 100-150k though it would take a while for me to get it x.x

Though, honestly, probably will try to get a viscous horror over a Soul Trader just based on how many I've seen in various AHs. I'm still trying to find a server to do this. Any ideas?
your best bet is to go to a high(est) populated server. that's where the AH is flooded with things, and usually has 1-2 of those soul-traders as well... Tho the Viscous Horror, was a pain to get, is now even a bigger pain to get... :O

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » October 31st, 2013, 6:56 am

Astraldr0p wrote:Going to try to find one for 100-150k though it would take a while for me to get it x.x

Illidan horde, there is almost always 1 or 2 of each pet up on the ah all the time. The ST is currently between 95-110k and the VH is usually 105-122k. Good luck :)
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » October 31st, 2013, 2:08 pm

I noticed today that i feel uncomfortable buying the pet from a level 1 character with a different name each time he logs on selling the beacon, dragon kite and kitten...

He started 140k and i think i could've made a 100k deal... it juts didn't feel right. :(

Jettemakaron
Pet Score:2421
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Jettemakaron » October 31st, 2013, 3:14 pm

ask a lvl 1 on a big server if he wana sell on your server, on my medium server they want 150k for a duped one. its tempting but i dont wana sponsor them :?