Kovok/BFB Bonus Roll?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Alawyn
MVP
Pet Score:10334
Realm:Sargeras-us
Kovok/BFB Bonus Roll?

Post by Alawyn » October 27th, 2013, 2:47 pm

I'm having trouble finding any solid info confirming that Kovok and Blackfuse Bombling are dropping off bonus rolls.

Does anyone know for sure?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Kovok/BFB Bonus Roll?

Post by Luciandk » October 27th, 2013, 3:41 pm

It was a feature of 5.4 and ive seen many saying they got pets on bonus rolls. My Ah is certainly loaded with both.

Alawyn
MVP

Post by Alawyn » October 27th, 2013, 4:08 pm

If you read through the 5.4 patch notes, this is the only mention of battle pets from bonus rolls:

Any Battle Pet that could be awarded from a Throne of Thunder boss on Raid Finder difficulty can now be won from a bonus roll, in addition to the standard bonus roll reward.

It doesn't say anything about SoO. So I was just wondering...has anyone seen this pet drop off a bonus roll?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 27th, 2013, 8:06 pm

It only mentions ToT because they previously weren't dropping from bonus rolls there. Pretty sure the intent was for all pets from those instances to be the same.

And while I know no one personally who has gotten a Kovok or a Bombling, I do know someone who got a Droplet of Y'shaarj off of a bonus roll (and, I think, Gooey Sha-ling, though I don't remember now if it was a bonus roll or their normal loot).

In any case, its pretty safe to say your bonus rolls on those bosses are not wasted.

Post by Guest » October 29th, 2013, 3:00 pm

I got [pet]Blackfuse Bombling[/pet] on a bonus role earlier this week in LFR :) I didn't see it pop up, all I saw was 27 gold and was like :( and then the guild went crazy over vent (a couple group of us do LFR together each week) and I look at my chat screen and saw the message I received it as bonus loot in text. Guessing that's how a 2nd gooey sha snuck into my bags a couple weeks ago. ~ K

Redacted
Pet Score:11875
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Redacted » October 30th, 2013, 9:53 am

I can confirm Kovok does drop on a bonus roll. I got one last night along with two copies of the same trinket I already had. *facepalm*

Alawyn
MVP

Post by Alawyn » October 30th, 2013, 10:43 am

Great, thanks so much for the info guys, and grats on your pets!

I guess I'll keep saving my coins for Siegecrafter and Paragons each week :)